Caves Behind the Washnoran Falls

Black Wyvern

DM Narrative

The canoe will fit all of you quite easily. Red Max moves to the back and picks up the oar. Barlo stays in the water.

Zyira thinks the canoe looks safe. The actual boat appear to be of human design, more something you would expect find a common fisherman in than in a cave behind a waterfall. The oar is very crude, and though stable enough there is almost no paint left on it. There is an ancient pool of dried blood in the bottom. The surface is filled with nicks and scars.

Tactical

Waiting for people to get in the boat.

DM Narrative

Red Max rows the canoe across the pond without incident. The cavern on the other side of the pool is mostly the stone shore of the pond, which quickly narrows into a natural cavern opening at the edge of light. The roaring of the falls makes verbal communication with each other impossible.

Tactical

Safely across the pond.

Barlo wrings his clothes out again and recovers bow and backpack. He sees the magician's lips moving being able to hear nothing over the waterfall points to his ears and shakes his head. Pulling his hand axe he starts to slip up the beach to the opening. When he reaches it he will drop to a knee and recover a torch and tinder box from his backpack. He works with the flint until he gets a good spark then leans in blowing until the wax of the torch catches.

image.png.57dd8e29ec683f899b9d492331fb67fc.pngDuggrule also gets out of the canoe, he almost falls into the water twice while doing so, once on dry land the dwarf takes a moment to look around with his in infravision before Barlo gets his torch lit.

The Dwarf draws his sword and readies his shield while looking around

Red Max pulls the canoe up on the stony shore, a good ways, hoping it will be there when they head back. He's prepared to lead the party or to bring up the rear, whatever seems right in the moment.

DM Narrative

There is a single cavern opening in the back of the waterfall pool. It is high enough up the bank that there is little worry of flooding within. The group is prepared to enter the cavern. The cavern seems to have been roughly widened. It is approximately 5' across and 7' high. Wide enough to travel comfortably, but narrow enough to not be able to fight two abreast.

Duggrule looks around but doesn't see anything.

Tactical

Barlo - Torch Turn 1

I need a marching order - single file and two abreast. The passage right now will be single file. Then unless someone says differently I will assume you will be in that order.

Marching Order:

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

image.png.57dd8e29ec683f899b9d492331fb67fc.pngOnce everybody is ready the old dwarf takes the lead " Well the villager is not going to rescue their self. I will take point seeing as how I am shorter than the rest."

Barlo looks at the dwarf from steel tipped head to steel tipped toes. "You are also a bit of a giant cooking pot aren't ya? All klinky and klanking. You might kill our chance at seeing the enemy before they hear you?" With that the halfling shrugs and pulls his short bow and holds the torch out to the dwarf.

image.png.57dd8e29ec683f899b9d492331fb67fc.pngBarlo's remark directed at Duggrule appears to incite tension, causing the elderly dwarf's visage to flush with a vibrant hue. Initially, his voice rises in volume, but he abruptly restrains himself, cognizant of their surroundings. "Well, by all means, Tiny, assume command, lest I inadvertently broadcast our presence to the inhabitants of the caves." He declines the proffered torch, asserting, "I must keep my hands unencumbered for sword and shield, my friend."