Caves Behind the Washnoran Falls

Black Wyvern

On 12/8/2023 at 2:54 PM, Black Wyvern said:

You are in a 4' deep half-pipe stone trough that was worn into the rock face of a cliff. To the left of the trough is a 100' tall cliff up to the top of the falls. To the right of the trough is a 100' drop-off down to the bottom of the falls. Ahead is a dam of rocks and earth crossing the trough just this side of the falls. Beyond the dam is hollowed out area behind the falls that is filled too the level of the dam with the pool. There isn't an "around".

image.png.57dd8e29ec683f899b9d492331fb67fc.png

"WELL, WHAT'S TAKING SO BLASTED LONG!" The old dwarf's impatience was palpable as he took matters into his own hands, climbing the dam with the agility of a mountain goat. His bushy eyebrows raised in confusion and then realization when Barlo the halfling brought a canoe into view, providing a means to cross. “Bloody good job my boy, bloody good job,” he announced to the others who might not have been watching.

However, the atmosphere quickly shifted when a wizard appeared out of thin air and fell into the cistern. The old dwarf, shocked by the sudden arrival, exclaimed, "BY CROM’S BEARD! WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS WAS THAT?" as he pointed towards the floating wizard in the water.

OOC:Posted has been edited to reflect info gained in the OOC thread

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

A few feet above the pool, there is a pouf! and a man appears. Then, there is a splash! as he goes in the water.

Seconds go by, and he swims to the surface, spitting water as he catches his breath.

"Wah! What's this...! Wh-where is the chest?! Where is everyone?!"

He looks around frantically and notices the adventurers. He stares at them in bewilderment, and sudden realization appears on his face.

He mutters under his breath. "Oh... teleport trap... oh no..."

He hesitates for a moment, and slightly wades towards them, and the only suitable area to exit the pool.

"Would huh... Could you give me a hand?"

The magic-user grabs Lionel's hand and makes it to the dry rock. He is dressed in a bright purple robe covered with yellow stars.

"Much appreciated. I'm... I'm not exactly sure what happened," he says, looking at the others.

"I was with my group... not too dissimilar to you good folks, I suddenly realize... we opened a chest, and there was this flash of light. Some teleportation dweomer, no doubt... yes..."

"Anyway, hmm... right. I am called Marzipo," he says, squeezing some water out of his gaudy robe.

21 hours ago, Black Wyvern said:

An empty canoe appears out of the darkness moving toward you. A half drowned looking halfling trails along shoving an frantically swimming. The canoe glides right up to Red Max.

Red Max smiles and tries to board the canoe. If it looks like it will tip, he encourages the halfling to bring it to a better spot for boarding.

spacer.png

image.png.57dd8e29ec683f899b9d492331fb67fc.png

The old dwarf, his grizzled beard bearing tales of untold adventures, reacts with a mix of skepticism and amusement at the concept of teleport traps. "Teleport trap, ye say?" he chortles, shaking his head. "In my day, traps were simple – blades that'd sooner chop off an intruder's hand than whisk 'em away."

He claps the magic-user on the back, a hearty gesture laden with both camaraderie and a subtle test of the newcomer's mettle.

"Count yourself lucky, lad," the dwarf grumbles, eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief. "Ye get to join us on this little escapade, and if all goes well, a quarter share of the reward awaits." The offer, though tempting, hangs in the air with an unspoken acknowledgment that trust among this eclectic group is yet to be fully earned.

Zyira takes in the mage's accounting of things. First, with the measured listening skills of any adventurer of competence. Then, there is a grimace and a sympathetic grunt at the mention of a trap... "Ohh... That's awful." She clicks her tongue, and her lip curls. "I've heard of traps like that, I've seen one or two magical ones... But, those are stories for another time, and another day. Are you injured, Marzipo? I am Zyira, an Adept of Law as well as a Mage and a Fighting Woman; those are Red Max, Barlo, and Duggrule." A holy symbol hangs from her neck, depicting a single eight-pointed star within an unbound circle; this, combined with the spell book at her hip, suggest to the mage that he might be in good company!

As concerned as she seems for this stranger's well-being, and as intrigued as she sounds by his accounting of things, she is looking ahead...

The mage checks his backpack to see if he's missing anything.

"Right... Nice to meet you all. Hopefully I am not too far from home. In known territory, and not on some alien planet... but everything appears normal so far."

"I'm not hurt, no, I don't think. Just wet."

"Good, I'll join your little escapade, if you will have me. I've got a few conjurations at hand that might prove useful against whatever you're dealing with. What are you dealing with, actually?"

Marzipo grabs his spruce staff and gives a first genuine look at the surroundings; cave, dam and waterfall.

Edited by armadillo4000 (see edit history)

Red Max nods to reinforce Lionel's comment. The warrior eyes Marzipo suspiciously for a moment but then grunts and looks away, satisfied at least for the moment that adding the man to the party will benefit the mission.

Barlo pushes the canoe up against the dam where people are standing. "We need to be cautious. I think I saw a lookout back in the tunnel. I don't think he saw me. But if he did we may be boating into an ambush." The halfling says recovering his quiver and backpack and doing what he can to ring water out of his clothes.