Downtime 2 - Victors Never Rest

TheWhitefire

You've returned home victorious in your mission. You've dealt a serious blow to the pirate presence on Haven, but you soon find you have no time to rest on your laurels. After only a few days of rest, you get an urgent message from Clyde. He's calling you into one of the same private booths that Amani made his meeting with his sister in, in the local nightclub called Hades.

Clyde flickers and appears sitting across from all of you. He pulls on the collar of the dress shirt he's wearing, his silk suit seeming to barely fit over his hefty form. He wipes a pocket square across his sweating forehead, and then pops a piece of nicotine chewing gum in his mouth. "Christ the Buddah and Saint Xiaoling. Why is Ras Shamra so goddamn hot?" He grumbles, before noticing you've loaded in on his end. "Ah, good, you got my message. Well, Amani, you would not believe who I got a call from today. Care to take a guess?" His tone is reproachful, but not accusatory.

Jason takes his seat calmly, much more accustomed to the environment than he was on his last visit to this particular club, but still not a fan of the noise and chaos the main area he had to pass through holds. He has no idea what Clyde is talking about, but simply waits to hear what is going on.

Amani blushes and nervously pushes his hair out of his face. "Well ehm...I requested a transport from the venerable house Kauri recently and I was told it would come with certain...Implied costs. Would it be her eminence, Buela Hisho-Roz?" He seems to be shifting from nervousness to resignation.

"'Her Eminence' indeed." Clyde says, seeming to find the title distasteful. He then gives a sigh. "I can't say it wasn't worth it, if you all think it was. Yer adults, you don't need me holding your hands. That said, it seems you've got yourselves a mission so I talked to the Intelligence Committee, and they started digging up what they could. I'm not going to lie, what they gave me to tell you makes this job look like it's going be an absolute ass. Running the House of Stone blockade will be... something.

"My advice? Find a smuggler, familiar with the blockade. See if they can at least get you into orbit before you're detected. If you are owed any favors, pull them. You're going to be walking into an absolute hornet's nest. Things are a mess on Sanjak right now. The Ungratefuls definitely need the support Princess Hisho-Roz is sending them.

"I'm away right now, on Ras Shamra, trying to get some material support from my Harrison contacts. Ashe is in their dungeon, if you need anything. They're pretty familiar with Sanjak, so they might be able to help."

The synthetic wave of a scrambled sigh hijacks Clyde's projection before a grey silhouette mitoses out of his holographic form sitting beside him. "That's my cue I guess. I've been making inroads on a Free Exchange group." Data spills out over the table, showing public reports on someone named Ashbird, followed by red-coded data Grey has been able to dig up from less official sources. "This is going to cost us, and I'm not eating that all alone. Good news is, as long as Ashbird doesn't flip on us, making big moves is gonna cement us as big movers with them."

The figure pauses, then orients its head towards Verne. Even across the anonymizing filter, Grey takes a joking tone. "That is, if we're okay working with a smuggler?"

Amani tilts his head at the amorphous visage and smirks. "If my ears don't deceive me, is that a smile? The working class cannot be freed by theory and rhetoric alone, if the freedom of the people demands us to take up arms against Throne Karrakis itself I only hope I could be useful...but lets try to not make that much noise eh?"

Edited by Visorian (see edit history)