Keshka's Sidebar โ€” The Crash

iantruesilver

Keshka

KeshkaPortrait.png.c5a8b8226b763306509344da12ab2897.png

Retrieving items was routine work letting her mind wander to think about the effects of the worms slime. While thinking she pocketed the discs before removing the bracer from the dead persons arm. She looked it over seeing if she could figure out what the material was.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1 CMB +3 BAB 1 Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3) Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Commonly Used Skills/Special notes

Favored Enemy: Constructs +2
+X Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks
+X bonus on weapon attack/dmg
Can make untrained K skill checks to identify creatures with type

Perception: +5, +7 vs constructs
K (Engineering): +5
Appraise: +4

Edited by athedia (see edit history)
Name
Knowledge (Engineering)
1d20+5 13

The sensation is... not like the slippery feeling you get when using soap, so it couldn't be basic. It's more akin to... Yes, the smell of vinegar confirms it. The sensation is definitely akin to the tingling and tightness that you get when you used to have to clean metals in vinegar or other mild acids at the temple. That's why it feels familiar...

spacer.png spacer.png

You manage to pick the metal egg-pod clean of small items, which number 35 of the metal discs you know as "silverdisks", a Numerian form for currency each worth 10gp, and the silver bracelet. After checking it over thoroughly for a little bit, you believe that the item might actually be some kind of force shield generating device. The circular parts at the ends each sport an inner white dot, and the central band of the three connecting the circlular pieces is also white. Though giving it a good shake and whatnot, you're not confident that this item is going to function all that reliably...

(( You gain 35 Silverdisks and a Force Field (White), DamagedMechanically, this grants the wearer 15 temporary hit points, but due to damage the bracelet sustained, there is no way to recharge these temporary hit points. Further, after maintaining this field for 24 hours, the bracelet permanently runs out of energy. ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Keshka

Keshka packed away the items she had found before giving the egg like pod one last rummage through. Now she knew this was here, she could hire a cart and horses to haul it back to Torch. It would be a while before she returned but all she could really hope for was that it was still here when she did. Grimacing she carefully picked up the Zhen worm corpses. They may be useful back at the temple, she should at least check.

She carefully deposited the slimy masses in the dome that had been on the dead persons head before attaching it to her pack. Hopefully that would be enough to protect herself from the effects. She repacked her tools and shouldered the bag again. It was a long trip back but at least she had found something this time. And she was more than ready to get out of this swamp.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2857070]Keshka[/url][/b] [i]Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN[/i] [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Speed[/b] ft [b]Init[/b] 3 [b]AC[/b] 17 [b]Fort[/b] 3 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +3 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Claw[/b] +3 (1d4+2, x2) [b]Longbow[/b] +4 (1d8, x3) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 13 (1) [b]Int[/b] 10 (0) [b]Cha[/b] 9 (-1)
Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1 CMB +3 BAB 1 Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3) Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Name
Perception
1d20+5 4

As Keshka turns to leave from the metal egg-thing, a voice from behind her calls out, "You there! Stop where you are!"

Following the sound of the masculine voice to its source, you see what looks to be two Kellids sliding down the steep rock face from the east, coming to a stop at the base of the low escarpment, each hefting an intimidating looking weapon.

spacer.png spacer.png

Keshka

Keshka grabbed her bow and readied an arrow, not pulling it back or attacking the Kellid coming toward her yet.

She shouted back in Hallit. "I'm clearing out, I don't want any trouble." Her other hand was slipping into her pocket to put the bracer she had found onto her arm. She did not activate it yet, keeping a close eye on the approaching Kellid.

Statblock

Text

Hide this

Name
Knowledge (Local)
1d20 1

"Yeah I'm sure you are." The female replied snarkily, letting out a cold laugh as she finishes her retort, though her demeanour perhaps suggests that the male might be the one in charge here.

"You ain't from here, are ya." The male continued, almost as though he was rationalizing his internal train of thought to himself out loud. "Those ain't your things."

"Give us the silverdisks, all your gold, and anything else you stole from here." The reasoning quickly turned to a demand as he lifted his large hammer off his shoulder and began bouncing it on his other hand, "Then, you can go."

[[ Map — Crash Site ]]

Keshka

"They aren't your things either. I don't see how you have any more claim." Keshka didn't lower her bow and backed away slowly from the two keeping an eye out for anyone approaching.

Statblock

Text

Hide this

Name
Intimidate
1d20-1 7

Combat — Round 1 (Lead Up)

Initiative Order

PCs: ?

Enemies: 8

spacer.png spacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

The two Kellids laugh amongst themselves, the female elbowing her companion after your feeble and insubstantial argument. Then the mood shifts swiftly as the pair fan out, the male rushing to scramble over across the metal egg behind you, and the female coming up toward your front to flank and block your path.

"It's ours cause we said so. Now hand'em over, Becky." With her axe in one hand, the woman demanded as she thrust out her other palm.

[[ Map — Crash Site ]]

(( Roll initiative and proceed to Round 1 actions if you wish to fight. ))

Name
Enemy Initiative
1d20+1 7

Keshka

She had already not found as much as she had hoped at the site. She had already been slimed on by the zhen worms. These looters were not taking what little she had gotten. Eying them up she took a quick step back to gain her some room and let an arrow fly at the woman. It wasn't perfect and they would still close the distance but she couldn't not fight back. "That's not my name."

Statblock

Keshka Changeling (Winter Hag) Galvanic Saboteur (Ranger) 1 NN
HP 12 / 12 Speed ft Init 3 AC 17
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
Str 14 (2) Dex 17 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 13 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Text

Hide this

Actions

5 foot step (moved on battlemap)
Attacking F

Name
Longbow vs F (attack, dmg)
17; 6
1d20+4; 1d8 [13]; [13,6]
Initiative
1d20+3 17

Combat — Round 1 (Wrap Up)

Initiative Order

PCs: 20

spacer.png spacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

Your arrow didn't have to travel far to strike its target, piercing the woman square in the boob just above the top seam of in her armor. Whoever made this thing perhaps for some reason hadn't considered that the wearer might actually be hit in these exposed spots? Obvious design flaw, clearly.

Screaming in pain and rage, the woman closed the distance to strike, only to miss her mark by almost half a foot. The male roars as he takes advantage of the maneuvering, stepping in to deliver a painful strike, nailing you on the left arm and almost shattering the bones near the elbow altogether.

[[ Map — Crash Site ]]

(( Keshka takes 12 damage. Proceed to Round 2 ))

Name
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
1d12 2
Female Battleaxe v Keshka
7; 6
1d20+3;1d8+1 [4]; [4,5]
Male Earth Breaker v Keshka
18; 12
1d20+6;2d6+7 [12]; [12,3,2]
1d12 6

Keshka

Keshka gritted her teeth against the pain. Her left arm was limp, pain radiating through the entire arm, but at least pain meant she could still feel it. She reached over to her left wrist with her right hand, each movement aggravating the pain as she stared into the mans eyes. She pushed the button on the bracer, hoping to have it activate. "Go rot, you cowards."

She stumbled back trying to gain as much distance as she could.

Statblock

Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)

Text

Hide this

Actions

Activating bracer

0/12 => 15T/12

5' step (on map)

Combat — Round 2

Initiative Order

PCs: 20

spacer.png spacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

It took a couple of tries, but the second time you mash the button, the bracelet causes you stabbing pain around the wrist, as though dozens of tiny needles have just been pierced into your skin. Beyond that, only a faint zapping buzz as the item's white band lights up indicates to you that something might actually be happening.

The pair continue their onslaught, each maneuvering in a way as to maintain their positions in attack. The female's axe cuts air, a little too close for comfort, but the man's gigantic hammer swings at an angle from below, bashing you in the left calf and almost knocking you over on your side, causing you tremendous pain.

[[ Map — Crash Site ]]

(( Keshka gains 15 temporary hit points, takes 14 damage. Proceed to Round 2 ))

Name
Female Battleaxe v Keshka
16; 2
1d20+3;1d8+1 [13]; [13,1]
Male Earth Breaker v Keshka
17; 14
1d20+6;2d6+7 [11]; [11,5,2]
1d12 10

Keshka

Keshka stumbled back from the blow and took the opportunity to cut her losses and just run. Sometimes flight was the correct answer, all she could hope for was that they would not pursue her for long.

Statblock

Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)

Text

Hide this

Name
Con Check
1d20+1 2

"HaHA! Who's the coward now!" The male threw back a laugh as you turn and run, but is swiftly smacked back into reality by the female, the two quickly giving chase as she yells at your behind, "Get back here you dumb Becky!"

You must've run for what felt like an eternity, for what was realisistically only just a minute and some, before the breath leaves your lungs and struggles to return. Behind you, the female similarly slows, lagging behind as she huffs and puffs her wheezing inhales.

A split second later, a splitting pain pummels your whole body as you feel yourself lose balance, and the world around you begins to turn black...

"It's Keshka, you dumb goat! Don't you remember?" The woman's voice. Distant, faint. "Y'know, creepy hag girl? Took Karek's eye out eighteen twenty years ago?"

"Wow. That's her? Thought she got taken to town after that." Another voice, male, equally elusive and transient. "What's she doin' back here?"

"Beats me." A pause. "Hey don't wake her! You stupid or somethin'?"

"Well whaddaya want me to do then! Can't very well leave her here to die, now that you told me who she is and all. What if she comes back in the night to eat me or something?"

"You're an idiot, y'know that?" Another short lull, "C'mon…"

When you finally wake, you find yourself in your own quarters inside the Temple of Brigh back in Torch, your clothes changed and your wounds having been tended to. You have no idea how, or why you are here, or how much time has passed, except that…

Nope, it's not a dream. Your gaze settles to the night table beside your cot, and on it lays a pile of silverdisks, and that unmistakeable silver bracelet — the one that you had removed from that long ago dead body, the one that had saved your life. And the broken fishbowl looking dome thing sits just behind as well.

Name
F Con Check
1d20+1 3

Keshka

Keshka sat up suddenly trying to process her surroundings. The left side of her body protested at the movement, the deep bruising still healing. Still she made herself swing her feet out of bed and think, head reeling. That had been her tribe, those must have once been the kids she played with. It felt like a lifetime ago. She looked down at her long nails, digging them into the palms of her hand in frustration as she recalled their words. Creepy.

It wasn't how she pictured meeting them again. As a child she had imagined them coming back for her, just scooping her up and taking her back. As a teenager she dreamed of riding into their camp and showing them how much better off she was. Now her dreamings were smaller, just being able to visit, see if her parents still lived. Mourn them if they didn't.

She looked at the items on the table, they hadn't taken them. To scared? Worried she would come back in the night and .... No. She wouldn't think about that anymore. She got dressed packing away what she could. The bracer was worthless now, having to break to save her life. And it was pretty. She slid it onto her wrist, deciding to keep it. She checked inside the helmet to see if the zhen worms were still there. She hadn't been able to properly preserve them before travel but it would at least be something more.

With that she got up. It was time to share what she had found and try to find another hopefully less painful job.

Statblock

Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +3 BAB 1
Claw +3 (1d4+2, x2)
Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)

Text

Hide this

Actions