Anyone willing to run a PF2e game?

BobtheWizard

I'd like to play a full adventure as a kineticist in PF2e. I've played Crown of the Kobold King and am in Age of Ashes right now. I'd be especially interested in any of Kingmaker, Extinction Curse, Strength of Thousands, Abomination Vaults/Fists of the Ruby Phoenix, Stolen Fate or Agents of Alkenstar.

I'm a reliable poster and have been in several longstanding games, mostly 5e, but would like to play this class in PF2e. I haven't played PF enough to be comfortable running it myself yet. Anyone interested in starting a PF2e campaign? 

Also looking for other players with a history of active participation in long-term games.

Always look thru the game ads and apply for the games that interest you. Best way to find a game to play. There's 1 PF2e game ad open currently.

Over the years, I've found that asking for games usually doesn't get you a game unless you have an extensive history and maybe a really cool idea, but even that isn't a set deal. Instead, most GMs just post a game ad for whatever they're looking to run and let the players come to them. Much easier that way.

8 hours ago, Yamazaki said:

Always look thru the game ads and apply for the games that interest you. Best way to find a game to play. There's 1 PF2e game ad open currently.

Over the years, I've found that asking for games usually doesn't get you a game unless you have an extensive history and maybe a really cool idea, but even that isn't a set deal. Instead, most GMs just post a game ad for whatever they're looking to run and let the players come to them. Much easier that way.

I used to feel the same way but I've seen these types of posts work out often enough that now I figure it's worth asking. It's not the most common result, but sometimes the stars align.

Have you played much pbp? If you haven't, I'd recommend playing a few games first to make sure you like it. If you like it, and you are comfortable with trying to GM a game, I'm sure you'll get a lot of apps if you put together an ad. If you're interested, I'm happy to help you get things set up if you want.

PF2e is something I'd really really like to get into, but in all honesty for someone very new to the system the ads I see posted are intimidating for want of a better word and way above what I'd feel comfortable trying to apply to at the moment. A beginner friendly PF2e game would be awesome, but I don't think I've seen one of these advertised at all yet.

4 hours ago, Melkar said:

PF2e is something I'd really really like to get into, but in all honesty for someone very new to the system the ads I see posted are intimidating for want of a better word and way above what I'd feel comfortable trying to apply to at the moment. A beginner friendly PF2e game would be awesome, but I don't think I've seen one of these advertised at all yet.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:08 PM, LargestFriend said:

I've always been interested in GMing, but I've never done so. I'm especially interested in Strength of Thousands and Kingmaker myself.

Just a note to my prospective fellow GMs: I wouldn't be too intimidated diving into the GM role even if you don't know the system. That's pretty much the only way I've learned RPG systems since I was ten years old.

You need a copy of the rules for whatever system you're going to run. It just so happens that PF2E has a GREAT beginners' box (tied with PF1E for the best beginners' box I've ever seen), which includes everything you need to get started. It includes the beginning module Menace Beneath Otarti, which will take a few months to run in PbP.

Here's how I'd do it if I was a new GM:

1. I'd play through the solo adventure in the Beginner Box

2. I'd open recruitment for Menace Beneath Otari, and I'd be transparent that I was a first-time PF2E GM and that the players would need to be patient at times as I learned the system. Players are usually completely okay with that because more GMs are always good.

3. In your recruitment, limit applications to the four classes and three ancestries in the Beginner Box.

4. While people are applying, read the character creation rules and check everyone's character to make sure they are created correctly. If you have players new to the system, you'll have to help them. That's a great way to learn!

5. Menace Beneath Otari is written in a tutorial style, so you'll learn more about the rules as you need them. If your players do something the module does not anticipate, look it up as you go. One of the advantages of PbP is that you have all the time in the world to check the rules.

6. The PCs should level up once in the adventure, which is another opportunity to learn more about the rules.

7. Once you complete Menace Beneath Otari, you'll be proficient at beginner-level PF2E games. From there, you can either continue on with the same group of PCs or open a new recruitment, allowing players to choose from any class and ancestry in the Core Rules.

If you've got experience running other systems you can probably just go right to the Core Rules and one of the Adventure Paths or short-form modules.

Working on a Pf2e campaign as we speak. See my other post on the topic at hand.

To be fair, I've applied to two or three Pf2e games in the past few months. Never made it past Selection, though I did some pretty decent work on building out the character, future plans, and decent backstory. Kind of broke my heart a few times, so I figure the only way I'm going to get to play Pf2e on here is... run a game. I had been hoping to avoid it, but there we are.

I've been interested in trying to play a PF2 adventure. I got a lot of the bundle and a physical copy of the CRB recently, which has upped my interest. My friends and I all got Starfinder and played one game way backw hen it first came out. I thought we all liked it but we haven't touched it since. Of course, SF is more like PF1 than PF2. Whenever a PF2 game has come up, for whatever reason, I'm just not ready to build an app so I haven't. Honestly, I've not really built an App for nearly 2 years. I've been lucky and built up a decent enough rep that I get invited into enough games to keep me going so haven't needed to apply. I've probably lost my touch :) It really is a skill. Doubt its useful in the real world though.

but I ramble

sorry

Hi Bob!