Penchant

spacer.pngLucienne "Lucky Luce" Karsteiner, Marshall

Character Profile 

Female Occultist (Haunt Collector)

Lawful Neutral

Level 10 Init 2 HP 88/88 DR 0, Speed 20'
AC 29 Touch 14 Flat-footed 27 CMD 28

Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 13 (15 vs enchantments/compulsions) CMB +13 BAB 7  

Fauchard+18 (1d10+11, 18-20/x2) Training, +1 Magic, Trip, Reach, [Adamantine +1 to hit]
Cesti +13 (1d4, 19-20/x2) C. Iron/Alch. Silver

Full Plate Armor Magic +2, Mithril Magic

Full Shield Darkwood

11 Armor, 3 Shield, 2 Dex, 1 Natural, 2 Deflect

Str 22 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 22 Wis 12 Cha 8

Spells

0 (*) Detect Magic, Detect Psychic Significance, Ghost Sound, Mending, Mage Hand

1 (7/7) Lead Blades, Shield, Heightened Awareness, Vanish, Liberating Command

2 (6/6) Versatile Weaponry, Bullet Shield, Node of Blasting, Mirror Image, Rope Trick

3rd (4/4) Resist Energy (Communal), Invisibility Sphere, Haste, Slow, Greater Invisibility

4th (2/2) Dimensional Anchor, Scrying, Freedom of Movement, Break Enchantment, Enchantment Foil

Constant (Resonant Powers)

Divination +3 to Perception, Low Light Vision, Darkvision, See Invisibility.

Transmutation Temporary +4 to Strength

Guardian +1 to CMD

Champion +2 to Non Spell Damage

Trappings +3 to BAB with Fauchard

Mental Focus Distribution 23/23

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Immediate Action Implement Abilities

Mind Barrier 2pt Cost Absorbs 20pts physical damage. [Lasts one turn]

Energy Shield 2pts Absorbs 50pts of energy damage last 1 minute

Swift Action Implement Abilities

Guardian (Abjuration) 3/3 day 1 rnd = +3 AC, Con checks, Fort saves/Reflex saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Champion (Illusion) 3/3 day 1rd = +3 on attacks, non-spell damage rolls, Str checks, Str skill checks, Fort saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Mind Barrier (Abjuration) 1pt Cost Absorbs 20 pts physical damage [Lasts 1 rnd]

Sudden Insight (Divination) 1pt Cost +5 insight on one ability check, attack roll or skill check [Lasts 1 rnd]

Energy Shield (Abjuration) 1pt 1 min absorbs 50pts of energy damage

Standard Action Implement Abilities

Aegis Abjuration 1pt 1 min +2 Armor Powers

Mind's Eye Divination 1pt 10 minutes Create an invisible magical sensor

Minor Figment Illusion 1pt 10 minutes Ghost Sound/Minor Image

Legacy Weapon Transmutation 1pt 1 minute +2 power bonus

Quickness 1pt 10 rnds haste +2 dodge bonus +2 to hit +2 to reflex saves +1 attack at full bonus

Mind over Gravity 1pt 10 minute Fly 60' perfect maneuverability

Condition  

Constant: Low Light Vision/Darkvision 60'/See Invisible/See Undead/See Unliving

Morning finds Luce strapping her gear to her skimroad, while conversing idly with a little girl from the town, looking up at the armored golem that is Luce wide eyed, asking the questions that children not yet ten years old do. She's asking the questions while holding Luce's helmet above her head, since it's too big for her head and would fall down over her eyes otherwise..

"Why don't you have a gun?", asks the girl, clearly full of questions.

Luce tightening a strap on her armor, doesn't miss a beat."Normally I would, but I had to trade it in to get the last pieces of my panoply. Anyway, my friends have big guns, so.... ", she replies in her usual low, plummy contralto, with its breathy, husky undertones.

The child seems to wordlessly absorb this, like a meat sponge. "What's a panoply?", she asks.

Luce clearly concluding this is an exchange that might take some time, squats down to the child's level. "A panoply is the all the armor, weapons and other stuff meant to work together. The panoply makes it more likely I will be still be standing after a fight and the bad things won't be.", she replies.

The sponge absorbs.. "You're going out to stop something from doing bad things?", she asks clearly more curious than intimidated.

Luce, having long since decided she'd talk to kids like adults, confines herself to.. "Yes, I am."

The sponge works through the mental arithmetic, before asking.. "Can you die doing that?"

Luce, still straight talking and very much to the point, replies with.. "Yes, I can.", her tone gentle, but her eyes as fierce and cold as ever.

Luce watches as a little vertical line appears at the top of her nose, between her eyes. It occurs to her that she's seen a lot of bullet holes in that very place. She found herself in the company of folk who could that with a rifle. It doesn't take long for the kid's next query.. "So why'd you do it?"

Luce takes a breath, deciding not to skimp. You shouldn't skimp with kids.. "There's people that use their strength to hurt, bullies but worse. Then there's the folk who use their strength to stop those people because.. well someone needs to do it. When a bully pulls back his foot to kick someone in the teeth, I smack them good and hard. Bullies are best when they're scared and so I scare them. It's my calling to keep good people safe."

This is greeted with a look of some mild confusion.."What's a calling?"

Luce finds she likes this kids questions.. direct and to the point. "It's something you believe you were born to do, the reason why you were born. This one's mine, like my dad's before me.", she hears herself reply, a little less husky, a little less gruff than she usually is.

The little girl smiles.. "My dad's a cooper, but I think barrels are boring. What's the name of your calling, because I want to have that calling too."

Luce smiles.. "I'm a Marshall.", she hears herself reply, with more pride than she usually felt. Usually she felt she was playing whack a mole. It helped her remember that in the time between whacking one mole down and before the next one rose up.. kids got a little older, a little taller, a little stronger.

The girl smiled a beatific smile that had Luce thinking she'd break hearts when she was a little older.."Well good luck... Marshall."

"Marshall's don't say good luck. We say good hunting.", she replied gently.

"Well, hunt them down Marshall, hunt them down good and put the hurt on them."

As the little girl skipped away, Luce felt like she was walking a little lighter than usual. It always helped when the civ's reminded you why you were valuable, that what you did, bloody as it was, was important.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

As TJ adjusted his belt he watched the interaction between Luce and the little girl. He listened to Luce's explanation why she did this job and couldn't help but think that her explanation for why she did the job fit perfectly, at least for him. As the girl ran off, he grinned. "Seems like you made a fan. And might have inspired a new marshal once she grows up a bit. At the very least, I'd say you made a new friend."

spacer.pngLucienne 'Lucky Luce' Karsteiner, Marshall

Character Profile 

Female Occultist (Haunt Collector)

Lawful Neutral

Level 10 Init 2 HP 88/88 DR 0, Speed 20'
AC 29 Touch 14 Flat-footed 27 CMD 28

Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 13 (15 vs enchantments/compulsions) CMB +13 BAB 7  

Fauchard+18 (1d10+11, 18-20/x2) Training, +1 Magic, Trip, Reach, [Adamantine +1 to hit]
Cesti +13 (1d4, 19-20/x2) C. Iron/Alch. Silver

Full Plate Armor Magic +2, Mithril Magic

Full Shield Darkwood

11 Armor, 3 Shield, 2 Dex, 1 Natural, 2 Deflect

Str 22 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 22 Wis 12 Cha 8

Spells

0 (*) Detect Magic, Detect Psychic Significance, Ghost Sound, Mending, Mage Hand

1 (7/7) Lead Blades, Shield, Heightened Awareness, Vanish, Liberating Command

2 (6/6) Versatile Weaponry, Bullet Shield, Node of Blasting, Mirror Image, Rope Trick

3rd (4/4) Resist Energy (Communal), Invisibility Sphere, Haste, Slow, Greater Invisibility

4th (2/2) Dimensional Anchor, Scrying, Freedom of Movement, Break Enchantment, Enchantment Foil

Constant (Resonant Powers)

Divination +3 to Perception, Low Light Vision, Darkvision, See Invisibility.

Transmutation Temporary +4 to Strength

Guardian +1 to CMD

Champion +2 to Non Spell Damage

Trappings +3 to BAB with Fauchard

Mental Focus Distribution 23/23

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Immediate Action Implement Abilities

Mind Barrier 2pt Cost Absorbs 20pts physical damage. [Lasts one turn]

Energy Shield 2pts Absorbs 50pts of energy damage last 1 minute

Swift Action Implement Abilities

Guardian (Abjuration) 3/3 day 1 rnd = +3 AC, Con checks, Fort saves/Reflex saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Champion (Illusion) 3/3 day 1rd = +3 on attacks, non-spell damage rolls, Str checks, Str skill checks, Fort saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Mind Barrier (Abjuration) 1pt Cost Absorbs 20 pts physical damage [Lasts 1 rnd]

Sudden Insight (Divination) 1pt Cost +5 insight on one ability check, attack roll or skill check [Lasts 1 rnd]

Energy Shield (Abjuration) 1pt 1 min absorbs 50pts of energy damage

Standard Action Implement Abilities

Aegis Abjuration 1pt 1 min +2 Armor Powers

Mind's Eye Divination 1pt 10 minutes Create an invisible magical sensor

Minor Figment Illusion 1pt 10 minutes Ghost Sound/Minor Image

Legacy Weapon Transmutation 1pt 1 minute +2 power bonus

Quickness 1pt 10 rnds haste +2 dodge bonus +2 to hit +2 to reflex saves +1 attack at full bonus

Mind over Gravity 1pt 10 minute Fly 60' perfect maneuverability

Condition  

Constant: Low Light Vision/Darkvision 60'/See Invisible/See Undead/See Unliving

"It's the armor... ", grins Luce, her voice smooth and resonant, while her eyed are as hard ever, as she looks down at the armor she was wearing. She had a point. The grey plate armor would've been beautiful had it been left as it was, on account of the shape, which curved and stuck to her athletic form like a glove. However, the joints were an intricate wonder also. Even so, it was elegant cursive engraving on the metal, etched to reveal the silver below the grey, in the form of minute ritualized calligraphic writing weaving around runes and heiroglyphs that really drew the eye. "She reminds me of me.. an overly serious little girl, juggling a stiletto in one hand, while reading books... no time for people.. too challenging to be bullied, too intense to have friends."

Ilya

Ilya with her rifleIlya's eyes snap to Sam's rifle as soon as he takes it out.

She lets him perform his ritual - to each one their own - then approaches.

"May I?" she asks, holding her hands out, palms up. There is proper reverence in her tone; she's a rifle girl for sure.

If he lets her have a look, she does so minutiously, in silence. Then after a while, she starts asking questions and talking shop.

"Where does the wood come from?"

"What does this symbol mean?"

"Do you service it yourself only, or do you get it checked out? By whom?"
and so on (leaving him time to answer, and compare notes). She then hands it back, nodding approvingly.

If he seems interested, she'll show him hers. It's perhaps more modern-looking, with less wood and more metal, but there is also an art to how crystals are integrated in its design. Some of them seem to hum softly when one puts their ear close.

"The swallowable trap is also a great idea, Luce, but I'm not sure I could find the necessary raw materials swiftly enough, and I would need a couple of tries at least. Never done anything quite like that. So I propose we table that."

"Alright, shall we?"

Mechanical actions

OOC: I'm not at all a rifle person (and have no attention of doing research on it 😇 but I think you are, Manic, so you can fill in the blanks)

Ilya has actually a great Craft (Traps) skill, but I can't be bothered with researching all the traps at the moment. (There are some rules in Spheres of Might, but I've only touched the surface.)

Statblock

Ilya

HP: 68/68
Init: +4, Perception: +20
AC: 24, TAC: 22, FFAC: 20
Fort: +8, Ref: +14, Will: +15, CMD: 28
Speed: 30ft

Deadly Shot: +18 vs touch AC (1d10+4/x4, bleed 3) -- range 160ft (320ft with Sniper's Aim)
+3d6 if expend MF
Intercept: +14 vs touch AC (1d10+4/x4, bleed 3) -- range 160ft (320ft with Sniper's Aim)

+2 / +1d6 vs Humans

14/20 SP

Active buffs: Sense Magic 45ft, Sniper's Eye, Tremorsense 45ft; Aiming Scope, Obscure
Mystic Warding: Lucienne, Timos

Edited by namo (see edit history)