Can you give more detail about your pitch, please, or are you keeping it purposefully vague ?

"While you are still coming to term with being part of this, a woman named Chloe Eirini has sent an invitation with plane ticket for New York City to your email or by mail or any of your favored means of communication. She mentions that only you and other scions can help stopping the schemes of the Titans for the New Lunar Year in Chinatown. "

I am wondering if some Scions / Pantheons would fit more than others. The Shen for instance ? Do we have to be from the US ? Why the characters and noone else when there are probably other, more powerful Heroes around ?

I have a character (https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9439-william-farantóir-scion-of-manannán-mac-lir/) for instance, that I would love to play, but he is a good fit for some kind of adventures, perhaps not for this particular one, hence the questions.

Edited by Thot (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

@ThotThe Shen are good fit for the beginning adventure but it doesn't mean that the entire game will be Shen focused. The Lunar New Year is the first adventure. If someone plays a Shen will give them some extra information about the first adventure and involvement of their Pantheon but my goal isn't to push players to all go in a certain way, play what you want.

The scope is Global, aka basically all over the world and sometime you will even go to various Terra Incognita (Underworld and Overworld), where your band will go and basically help solve some issues. With time, we will build rivals, allies and the likes overtime. So far I don't plan to take the game beyond Demigod tiers and will probably end right before becoming gods.

Your characters just probably need some adjustment to be more modern but that's it really.

Edited by PerilousAdventures (see edit history)

Got it, thanks a lot. And also, because I feel it may be relevant : why the characters and noone else ? I suspect we may learn it early in the game, or you would rather keep it undisclosed for now ?

OK thanks. Next question (sorry !), how did Chloe Eirini get to know of the characters ? For instance, if I were to apply with William, he is not (by default) fairly famous. In some circles he may be known of course, but at large, probably not. Do we simply assume "she has her ways", and you'll manage that end ?

I know I'm already in two games but Scion 2e? I'm willing to join if you'll have me. I do have two concepts, both involving the Tuatha de Danaan. One is a model photographer who's a descendant of Manaan, the sea god. The other being a latino gunsmith who's a reincarnation of Nuadha Airgetlam. Just need to decide which one to use for this game.

Thanks. I really will need help when I make my character since some things mentioned in the Hero book are a bit confusing for me. I admit I am leaning towards the second concept since I do have a bit more of an idea with him. At least his Arenas, and some of his skills.

Fantastic! I was just looking into these books again over the holiday. I had a character from 1e that I never got to play, the game folded during character creation. I'll have to do a rework for 2e, but the concept is really solid. So its just a matter of putting numbers behind the concept.