I love the Peacock Smartphone! I can make it work thematically with Order (the connections between people), and it's much more convenient to whip out in public without freaking the Muggles out excessively. Plus, it's perfect for the Boon I want to take ("Just be aware, officer, that the law forbids what you are about to do to my totally innocent client...and I'm recording this whole thing.")

That makes two Scions with Order since mine also has an Order boon. Question for PerilousAdventures, how does customizing and upgrading Relics work? I don't have my pdf with me right now so I can't check it.

41 minutes ago, Trigun said:

That makes two Scions with Order since mine also has an Order boon. Question for PerilousAdventures, how does customizing and upgrading Relics work? I don't have my pdf with me right now so I can't check it.

Short version they don't really upgrade, at least not until Demigod. You basically have to obtain/steal new relics in game but you can reforge relics to remove flaws. You can amplify a relic, aka make it stronger for a scene but comes with a commensurate drawback.

As for customization, all the general options are listed in the scion companion and scion hero. Technically more options in Demigod too but they require you to be a demigod in the first place (Legend 5+). I can of course offer assistance if you have something in mind for a relic.

One thing thought to not underestimate as a Scion, you can use Marvels, use fatebinding (which can even help you regain Legend), invoke your legendary title, paths and birthrights for various perks on the go...yeah it is a lot of options so at the end day, I mostly say pick what's fun for your character and if you really need to use or do something, there is always a way for your character to use their Scion powers to do something.

Sure, I'll give a think on my character's Geasa and also his legendary title. That said, I am also open to suggestions if anyone has any. Still, no pressure since here are still other Scions being made for this game. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I wanted to have a Jaguar Warrior as a Guide, but have them involved with the Knack "Somebody's Watching Me". This person would function as a personal trainer and Sensei, but would also be my protector should I get into any heavy scraps. I see they can be followers, but I was looking for someone who has a more direct tie, responsible for teaching her more about the nature of people, while giving her the chance to improve physical prowess.

How would I configure that? I would guess as a Guide ••• (Jaguar Warrior - Named), but not sure how well I know the rules to make this work properly.

1 minute ago, solyrflair said:

I wanted to have a Jaguar Warrior as a Guide, but have them involved with the Knack "Somebody's Watching Me". This person would function as a personal trainer and Sensei, but would also be my protector should I get into any heavy scraps. I see they can be followers, but I was looking for someone who has a more direct tie, responsible for teaching her more about the nature of people, while giving her the chance to improve physical prowess.

How would I configure that? I would guess as a Guide ••• (Jaguar Warrior - Named), but not sure how well I know the rules to make this work properly.

Guide are like an extra Path would be the best way to look at them. You can just like a path invoke the guide to come help you. At 3 dots, you could give him the title: Legendary Jaguar Warrior, which means you can invoke its title like its your own. You can also invoke the Guide and will come help with various stuff like narrative editing, allies, equipment etc...

Just saying its already part of the system that a Guide can help you. And once per arc, you can even call in a Deus Ex Machina from your guide, a divine intervention but if you do, you get the Tempted Fate Condition.

6 hours ago, Sister Spooky said:

I love the Peacock Smartphone! I can make it work thematically with Order (the connections between people), and it's much more convenient to whip out in public without freaking the Muggles out excessively. Plus, it's perfect for the Boon I want to take ("Just be aware, officer, that the law forbids what you are about to do to my totally innocent client...and I'm recording this whole thing.")

Glad you like the idea!

27 minutes ago, Trigun said:

I dunno if you have Saints & Monsters, solyrflair, but I saw an Edge there that could work for your hacker. It's called Web of Fate.

I don't really have that book. I might have it in the kickstart, but haven't been there to check on new releases recently. If you could copy/paste, that would be great. It might be a couple of days before I get in there to check out the releases.

Sure, here you go:

Web of Fate (••) Pre-requisite: Scion While normal humans can gain information by hacking systems, a Scion can gather far more from a computer. By interpreting the flow of Fate as computer code and network information, your character has the uncanny ability to find almost anything online in record time. Receive a +2 Enhancement whenever researching a topic online with a computer, even topics that wouldn’t normally be available to the public

Still planning on posting an application some time in the next few days, when I get a free minute to finalize my ideas. I've got a few possibilities floating around: an incarnate scion of Andarta who is the first reincarnation of that god since her death, a chosen scion of Hecate or Zorya who is a classic witch, one of the Mórrígan's crows transformed into a human scion, and a born scion of Perun who really wants to just finish her graduate degree while Dad is pushing her into the family business (e.g. smiting evil and fighting monsters).

Should probably figure out June's exact relationship to her divine parent. I'm guessing that with Chosen and Created as origins now, the Goddess of Fidelity is probably no longer imagined as giving birth to illegitimate Scions...