4 hours ago, CandyLaser said:

Still planning on posting an application some time in the next few days, when I get a free minute to finalize my ideas. I've got a few possibilities floating around: an incarnate scion of Andarta who is the first reincarnation of that god since her death, a chosen scion of Hecate or Zorya who is a classic witch, one of the Mórrígan's crows transformed into a human scion, and a born scion of Perun who really wants to just finish her graduate degree while Dad is pushing her into the family business (e.g. smiting evil and fighting monsters).

Take your time and that's many possibilities.

4 hours ago, Thot said:

As for me, I will of course apply as well. Though I don't know with which kind of character yet...

I mean so many possibilities but I guess if you need some ideas for archetypes:

-Caregiver want to help others
-Delinquent Scion
-You Only Live Once/Carpe Diem
-Someone who really likes animals (focusing on Beast purview of your parent of choice)
-Transporter/Driver
-Trickster Scion...so many trickster gods out there, there is almost always one in every pantheon.

Before getting into the whole Chosen and Created kind of Scions too.

1 hour ago, Sister Spooky said:

Should probably figure out June's exact relationship to her divine parent. I'm guessing that with Chosen and Created as origins now, the Goddess of Fidelity is probably no longer imagined as giving birth to illegitimate Scions...

Well, often Chosen Scions are reminded that they owe their divine patron, if it wasn't for them, they would just be mortals out there in some myths, it does fit Hera.
Created Scions are often made with a purpose in mind by their divine patron.

But the big thing with Scion 2e, all myths are true. Juno is also a mantle of Hera so both and more versions are true. You can be a born scion from Hera too, at the end of the day, depends what you want to do.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:34 AM, Sister Spooky said:

I love the Peacock Smartphone! I can make it work thematically with Order (the connections between people), and it's much more convenient to whip out in public without freaking the Muggles out excessively. Plus, it's perfect for the Boon I want to take ("Just be aware, officer, that the law forbids what you are about to do to my totally innocent client...and I'm recording this whole thing.")

"Who watches the watchmen" vibes right there :P

Beware, for the scion of Hera is a member of the fabulous Greek Illuminati (joking, joking). That said, it's a nice tie in to Hera's myth, considering it's a reference to her rewarding Argus' duty.

Edited by Trigun (see edit history)

Gueh, I'm really struggling with my Birthrights.

While a ton of Cult makes sense as, y'know, rabid fans... mechanically, I'd want to have a place to go (gotta keep up that stream schedule to get more subs!) by not going suuuper high on it.

But that being said, I kind of see Jessie's being "Chosen" as a bit tenuous. That she's got to prove herself to Benzaiten, so she's got a bit of a complex. With that in mind, most of the birthrights seem to suggest more favor than I'd want her to have at game start.

Oh GM, is there any guidance you could give me?

Otherwise, I've got my sheet all picked out.

I do think that Visitations can have a lot of ways to go and not all of your Birthrights at game start have to be given out by your 'Parent' deity. One of them may have been earned on a trial to get Benzaiten's approval? One may have been bought on a shady net auction?

One was found in a freaking unboxing video sent by a fan?

20 minutes ago, daltar said:

One was found in a freaking unboxing video sent by a fan?

...is it sad that eldritch unboxings was literally the one way I could imagine the "Reliquary Cult" working for a bad e-celeb?

Considering the setting, it's completely possible. That said, you can also choose Edges if you're having trouble deciding Birthrigths, it's even a house rule, I think one Edge that can work for you character is Fame which costs from 1 to 3 dots. Since she is a vtuber, at least 2 dots, which represents the vtubing subculture. Edges appear in the Sains & Monsters Player's guide.

You can also get Hideout edge for one dot, which works well with the Fame Edge.

Edited by Trigun (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Angelic Crux said:

Gueh, I'm really struggling with my Birthrights.

While a ton of Cult makes sense as, y'know, rabid fans... mechanically, I'd want to have a place to go (gotta keep up that stream schedule to get more subs!) by not going suuuper high on it.

But that being said, I kind of see Jessie's being "Chosen" as a bit tenuous. That she's got to prove herself to Benzaiten, so she's got a bit of a complex. With that in mind, most of the birthrights seem to suggest more favor than I'd want her to have at game start.

Oh GM, is there any guidance you could give me?

Otherwise, I've got my sheet all picked out.

I think something people often underestimates for scions 2e, is that a Scion in a session you can do a lot of stuff...for free.

Like you can invoke each path once in a single session (so yeah 3 invoke per sessions just for path!) and when you invoke your path, you can either get connections or a contact, both can help you in multiple ways. In the case of contact, when you use it with a path you get 2 dots of contact each time that you can use either for one off contact or keep reinforcing the contact each session (So yeah technically by session 3 you can have three 5-dots contacts). Said contact or connections can help in various ways, including giving you place to stay or various resources. For example using your path related to being idolized by fans, is an easy way to have various fans contact or connections.

That's just one of many possibilities, not even getting started with fatebinding (which is totally player opt-in) where you essentially ask for a mortal that will more than likely be receptive to whatever role you want them (as in the player) to come play in your character life. Your character doesn't know its you the player that asked for said mortal involvement in the story.

Not even getting as I mentioned earlier using Marvels which offers a lot of flexibility. Guide also if you pick one can be invoked too. And you can even do more if you feel like pushing your luck/tempting fate for your paths and marvels etc...by invoking them more than once per session. The game has a lot of player narrative editing freedom essentially.

Alright now that we got that tidbit above out of the way:

Cult is basically kinda like the paths just like the above can enjoy the invoke benefits too and suffers the same penalties if you try to invoke more than once (revoked, then suspended at the third invoke in a single session). Cult is a mix of followers and guide. Just saying one cult can do basically everything you need and that will be on top of all the above.

9 minutes ago, Trigun said:

Okay. So what are the upsides of having 5 dot contacts compared to having many 2 dot one-off contacts?

The first time you use a contact it has 1 dot and 1 tag.
But short version Each dot add an enhancement in what they can help you, so 2 dots = 2 enhancements, so 5 dots = 5 enhancements.

Essentially if you roll 1 success on whatever roll you are trying to do, you will get to add enhancement as successes, so 5 enhancements = 5 successes on top of your at least 1 rolled success, so 6 successes.

I am contemplating a Support character. I am thinking of a Medicine Man from the Manitou, probably a Healer / Sage / Warrior (as a last resort), with a Bear Totem, and Health focus, or something like that. So he can fight or heal, as needed. Would that fit well enough in this game, please ?

3 minutes ago, Thot said:

I am contemplating a Support character. I am thinking of a Medicine Man from the Manitou, probably a Healer / Sage / Warrior (as a last resort), with a Bear Totem, and Health focus, or something like that. So he can fight or heal, as needed. Would that fit well enough in this game, please ?

It will fit fine.