Chapter 3: What Lies Beneath

Eagleheart

Rogue1a.jpeg.4698554afb6f993aefb0b1f5fe017d0b.jpegSyhlas Yaeder (Character sheet) Human Rogue 3
HP: 41/41 | AC: 20 | Perc +7 | Fort +9 | Ref +11 | Will +11 | Speed: 30 ft. | Abilities: Deny advantage
Active Conditions:

"I'm as good as blind in the darkness too. I say we stick to the original plan. Rest here until tomorrow and get a few errands done. We can continue at first light."

"I would like to get a drink at Cayden's Keg and perhaps have a word with that smith you mentioned Corwyn* about enhancing my rapier. Need to pick up some tools too. Never know when they are needed."

Syhlas looks around the rooms they just searched and points at all the books and documents. "I guess you book lovers have some reading you want to do." He grins and looks at Arionne especially.

OOC

*I didn't see any smith mentioned in the Gazetteer of Breachill in the Player's Guide but I guess there must be someone in a town of 1300 people so I thought Corwyn (as a resident) may have mentioned one earlier before the game started. Hope that is ok.

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Corwyn - Elf Sylph Kineticist 3 Application Sheetspacer.png

AC: 21 | HP: 42/42 | Fortitude: +11 | Reflex: +8 | Will: +8Perception: +6 | R2 Cold | Conditions:

Corwyn agrees that it would be best to be better prepared. After showing everyone around and introducing them to whoever they will need for their new equipment, he seeks out his mother. He invites the others to join him if they want and offers for anyone to stay at his home if they have no place to stay tonight. Once he finds his mother, he tells her what we have done so far and what clues we still need to investigate.

"What do you think of all this, mother?"

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action 1: none

Action 2: none

Action 3: none

ACTIONS
IMPULSES - DC18, +8
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Base Kinesis spacer.png 30' light bulk, generate, move or suppress
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png Air 60' 1d6 slashing or electricity, or Water 30' 1d8 bludgeoning or cold. For 2 actions add CON to damage
  • Winter's Clutch spacer.png 60' 10' burst 3d4 cold and DT until fire damage
  • Four Winds spacer.png 4 creatures can stride or fly 1/2 speed
  • Oceans Balm spacer.png touch heal 2d8 HP, 10 minute immunity
  • Weapon Infusion agile, thrown, propulsive. Change to BPS.

Notes

Voz and Calmont - bookstore
Tarinlara - mom
Bumblebrashers - goblins at Citadel Altaerein, led by Helba
Warbal - goblin in Breachill
Leeko - goblin in bugbear room
Dahak - god of destruction
Pib and Zarf - kobolds at Citadel
Gilda Gardenia - Breachill council member
Wiford - Breachill Captain of the guard
Scarlet Triad - Voz offers them access, possibly to Alseta's Ring
Dmiri Yoltosha. Bloody Blades - meeting Voz at Guardians Way

Name
Gather Information
1d20+9 4

spacer.pngWhen Corwyn tells her about Alseta's Ring, Tarindlara gasps. "The aiudara... I read stories about them when I was little. I always wondered if they were real."

Then she thoughtfully says "...well, it sounds like control of the portals is what everyone wants. Voz, the cult, and the Triad... I imagine there will be others, too. But with you and your friends protecting us, everything will be fine."

Arionne Amata - Itinerant Scholarimage.png.6158122ad895e3badf8c1e1661802be9.png

checked-shield.svg AC: (21) | health-normal.svg HP: 44/44 |halloween_outline-23-512.png Fortitude: +11 | sprint.svg Reflex: +8 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +5

Arionne was only too happy to take the Infernal Book off of Syhlas, so she had some light reading to enjoy that evening. It had been a bloody day's business, and some peace and quiet sounded divine. When Corwyn invited them all into his home, she gladly accepted, as she was curious about the Elf's lineage. Any questions she might have had about a potential Draconic ancestor were immediately squashed when Tarindlara had such a strong reaction to the mention of the portal network.

"I'm sorry, you know of what we speak? What is this aiudara, if I might ask?"

Polite to a fault, she strained to remember if she herself had ever heard the name in any of her tomes.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty
Conditions: Channel Elements, Armor in Earth

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
IMPULSES - DC 18, +8
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Base Kinesis spacer.png 30' light bulk, generate, move or suppress
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png or spacer.png 30' bludgeoning or piercing d8, 60' fire d6
  • Flying Flame spacer.png 30' line of 1d6 fire damage. Basic Reflex
  • Weapon Infusion image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png shape blasts into a weapon, add a trait
  • Armor in Earth spacer.png raise AC to 21

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)
Name
Loremaster
1d20+6 14

spacer.png"They were built long ago by an elf named Candlaron. In Common they're called 'elf gates'." Arionne may not have known the Elven word aiudara, but she definitely has heard the phrase 'elf gates'. "It's said that there are elven portals all over Golarion... though by now, most of them are lost to time and the elements." She pauses thoughtfully "...If Alseta's Ring is still active, it must have been more well-maintained than the other ones. But maintained by whom, I wonder...?"