Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

1 hour ago, Harding said:

I didn't realize there was that much stress/knots in this body of mine.

Nobody ever does. I have my own health issues giving me a pass on the return-to-office so far. Not sure if that'd be good luck or bad, but unfortunately they're getting better and I may not be able to justify the sensible solution forever.

But then we did just have some big outbreak in the office... Maybe they'll reconsider before I'm actually healthy enough to get sick again.

I don't get the work at home option. But could be worse, I have a cousin in Australia that works on an oil rig 4 hour helicopter ride in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

I gave @Basil_Bottletop a head's-up about my post yesterday so it doesn't get lost in weekend activity. I'll look for a reply to that on Monday.

So where do we go from here...?

EDIT: And yes, I finally got payback!

On 4/11/2024 at 12:59 PM, Rumrunner said:

Could their minds not filter out useful bits

2 hours ago, PixCO said:

What mattered was picking up on the important parts.

Edited by PixCO (see edit history)

Yeah. Quechua. It's the language Huttese (in Star Wars) is based on. I like the sound of it, and imagine it being spoken by a dragon with a heavy-bass voice (like Jaba). I lived in the altiplano for a couple of years and picked up a basic fluency. Google Translate uses Spanish for any words for which there is no Quechua equivalent. So Translate isn't a perfect solution.

7 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Yeah. Quechua. It's the language Huttese (in Star Wars) is based on. I like the sound of it, and imagine it being spoken by a dragon with a heavy-bass voice (like Jaba). I lived in the altiplano for a couple of years and picked up a basic fluency. Google Translate uses Spanish for any words for which there is no Quechua equivalent. So Translate isn't a perfect solution.

What were you doing in the altiplano? My uncle is in Northern Peru (opposite end from where you were)... Iquitos area. Where he lives in a shipping container raising snakes. And my dad went into the Amazon basin twice looking for the lost city of the Inca... he wasn't an archeologist... just for the adventure.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to rule that this convo has overrun every other conversation/side thing going on, and everyone is paying attention whether they meant to or not, including Torben who would normally be out of earshot were he not a bugbear with excellent hearing. ;)

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

Is anyone working on a post? I've got one almost ready to go, but I don't want to ninja anyone who has something they've been working on. Mine is flexible and can wait after anyone has posted.