Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

11 hours ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

Oh, wait. They heard the whole thing!???! So much for our little talk, Harding.

To be clear, I'm talking about the tail end of the conversation, where Wyck was expressing his frustrations around their job as Jergal priests.

2 minutes ago, Civit said:

She was about to cook the rabbit quarters to have them cooled to wrap for tomorrow's lunch. Counting them twice, "what happened to the eighth rabbit quarter? There are eight of us for lunch tomorrow."

Actually, Ragz fed the dog all eight quarters.

What? It's her name day?

...decided to build a garden, this is not how you get less busy.

Also Rillik it totally chiming in at Torben, she stopped herself at three questions and she doesn't have high hopes. Also realized my conjured creations only last an hour... not the best for simmering a broth, especially not transporting it.

Yup. I'm aware. The short -yet somehow still boring- version is that I was babysitting a $15 mil contract for a legislation-led project through the various hands for signature and approvals two Fridays ago and have spent the better part of the last 10 days losing faith in every higher up in my state. I guess it really is voting season.

Due to OT limitations, I cut my Monday short and we have today off. Which means that my time is stolen away by three goblins who sometimes call me Daddy (but only when they want something). I'm really hoping to be back to my regularly scheduled boring work life tomorrow. Or so help me I will go full Ron Swanson on this whole operation.

I'm feeling overwhelmed this week at work. It's reminiscent of Basil's babysitting, albeit in a different context—people here seem to struggle with their job responsibilities, leaving me to step in as the de facto manager, guiding them through tasks and interactions with customers. The level of incompetence I'm encountering is truly frustrating. However, I have no excuse for the lack of post this week end - just been lazy. I'll aim to decompress tonight and maybe sneak in a post once I blown off some steam.

Cheers

I've managed to create a post, and I'd like to discuss something: Does Roland come across as too silly for this story? I've been using him as a source of comic relief for the game, although all the characters have their funny moments/quirks. However, I'm aware that this might derail serious roleplay opportunities and could become tiresome quickly. If Roland's comedic nature is bothering anyone or has the potential to do so, please let me know, and I'll dial it back. It wasn't something I planned in advance; it just felt natural for me to play him this way.

He has not struck me as being too silly. Though the f-bomb does not exist in the Realms of my creation. ;) Feel free to make up a different curse.

9 hours ago, Harding said:

Does Roland come across as too silly for this story?

I see him as sensible with an appropriate level of sarcasm, not silly. And it does have a very natural feel. I think you're doing fine.

2 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

There goes the post I was working on during my breaks. [grin]

Sorry about that -- I can pull or adjust my post if you'd rather have Ragz stepping in.