Out of Character

Shub-Niggurath

This thread is for people to ask question, make introductions and general chit chat. Players coming from the game advert can also post their interest here.

That said welcome on and all to The Dark Tide Gaming Threads...

Hi Fnord72 are you experienced with the GURPS 4e system and Transhuman Space setting? Just so I can judge how much assistance you will require. I will be updating the character creation thread with more details and adding some pre-generated characters in the next few days.

Kind Regards

Shub

I'm interested. I've had moderate experience with GURPS 4e but none with Transhuman Space. Are the character creation details only visible to people already admitted to the game?

dalamb, thanks for your interest. I will be updating the character creation threads this weekend. This will enable you to see requirements. I will also being adding some pre-generated characters for ease of those who wish...

Again thanks for your interest and I look forward to talking more...

Kind Regards

Shub

Hi Morphling and thanks for your interest. We'll be using 4th Edition Rules and the Changing Times update for Transhuman Space. I'll post more details in the Character Creation thread this weekend.

Kind Regards

Shub

On 1/12/2024 at 1:10 PM, Shub-Niggurath said:

Hi Fnord72 are you experienced with the GURPS 4e system and Transhuman Space setting? Just so I can judge how much assistance you will require. I will be updating the character creation thread with more details and adding some pre-generated characters in the next few days.

Kind Regards

Shub

Hello, I'm quite familiar with GURPS, having played from 3rd through. I have most of the materials for transhuman Space. Haven't played a game in the setting specifically, but I have used it as source material.

I'm considering a bulk hauler pilot, like counterpart to modern day trucker. I'd like him to have mustered out military experience.

Do you have a time line you're considering placing us within? I need to find some kind of low level conflict.

I will wait to think bout a character conceept until after Shub provides some info on what he's going to be running. This setting has soo many options.

We migt be mercs and frequently involved in combat/infiltration.

We might be merchants, aka Firefly, just trying to get by.

Pesky kids solving random mysteries.

Scientists and engineers testing out a prototype stardrive.

We might be a bunch of infomorphs struggling for rights and to not get deleted by some megalomaniac, centuries old, cyborg CEO.

21 minutes ago, vicky_molokh said:

Ah, THS. Cool to see it still getting some love. But I'm not sure if I'm missing what the actual campaign premise is, or if it's actually missing.

We are still waiting on the details from our intrepid GM.

Sorry about the delay guys I was ill over the weekend. I have posted a basic outlay to get the ball rolling in the Character Creation Thread. Any question post them here or if of the subject character creation in the relevant thread.

Kind Regards

Shub