Character Creation OOC

So with Rosana going sword and shield warrior bard and Twograve going tank focus I can always make Drassa a different style of fighting, more offensive focused, probably a two-hander fighter.

I didn't want to provide a suggestion and weigh things one way or another but that is pretty close to where I would have put everyone.

For the other options to discuss/consider: Do the members of the various parties know each other/have a working relationship? Also please for adventure starting hook, in your background all of you have done at least a little odd job/mercenary work for Berline Haldoli and the adventure starts with her having some work for all of you, and thus inviting you to her manor to discuss it.

Those groups look solid.

Vahram is looking to get up along the social ladder, so it makes sense he would take jobs from someone higher up to help him.

He is not physically imposing, so he would be happy to have a few toughs between him and whatever danger they are facing! He should make a decent face, can heal his allies with Harm and can raise the dead for some expendable muscle too. His bloodline focus spell means he can heal the living dwarf with harm spell if the need arises! Is anyone trained in Medicine? Could get stitch corpse to keep us going if spells run out.

I think each party needs at least one frontliner (two would not go amiss), a healer, and a character who has plenty of skills.

Imbrexis, Drassa, Twograve, and Riktor would be the best frontliners.

Zero and Vahram would be the best healers.

Kosta and Kourache have the greatest variety of skills.

Do with that what you will. 🤔

Thanks for accepting my weirdo, GM!

As for those groups, no arguments from me, seems like a fun group!

Dedication wise, I'm thinking of going Bastion for things like Everstand Stance for two-handed shield bashing madness. On top of the regular support minded bard skills/spells I'll be taking, Rosanna will turn out to be pretty interesting I think.

Edited by OsmundCinderholt (see edit history)

8 hours ago, BobtheWizard said:
Team 1

Imbrexis by Zen Gypsy, Skeleton Champion, melee
Kosta Kreetlock by BobtheWizard, Skeleton Rogue, melee 
Isabella Darkblood by bduds2006, Dhampir Gunslinger, ranged
Perricho Mistman by Dtspurrier, Halfling Wizard Reanimator, arcane
Zero by Eaglehart, Fleshwarp Cleric, divine 
Riktor Deepforge by VennDygrem, Skeleton Kineticist, melee
(I put Riktor here thinking a wizard and cleric could use more help than a sorcerer and bard)

Team 2

Drassa Vane by Saithor, Ghoul Fighter, melee
Twograve by Dr Jackal, Dwarven Monk – melee
Kourache by Scootloops, Mummy Thaumaturge, range
Rosanna Freysdottir by OsmundCinderholt, Revenant Bard, occult
Vahram by Omegoku, Vampire Sorcerer, divine 

Now here's something I didn't initially consider:

Group 1:

• Builder's League: Imbrexis
  • Export Guild: Deepforge
  • Reanimator's Guild: Kreetlock, Mistman
  • Tax Collector's Union: Darkblood
  • Unaffiliated: Zero

So the only faction Group 1 is unaffiliated with is the Celebrants.

Group 2

• Builder's League: Vahram
  • Celebrants: Kourache
  • Export Guild: Vane, Two Grave
  • Reanimators:
  • Tax Collector's Union:
  • Unaffiliated: Freysdottir

Whereas Group 2, as it stands, would be unaffiliated with both the Reanimators and the Tax Collector's Union.

6 hours ago, IwordsForogot said:

I didn't want to provide a suggestion and weigh things one way or another but that is pretty close to where I would have put everyone.

For the other options to discuss/consider: Do the members of the various parties know each other/have a working relationship? Also please for adventure starting hook, in your background all of you have done at least a little odd job/mercenary work for Berline Haldoli and the adventure starts with her having some work for all of you, and thus inviting you to her manor to discuss it.

I would assume that Imbrexis is, likely, unfamiliar with the others ... he actively, though secretly, dislikes the Reanimator's guild for their duty, literally, involves breaking one of his Patron Deity's Anathema on the daily. Export Guild? I suppose the Builder's League needs materials, but as a Crypt Warden, he wasn't really an architect, but more of a guardian once an site was constructed. So let's go with him being somewhat unfamiliar with the other players ... though ... assuming that the above groups aren't finalized, I would say he has a working, or passing knowledge of Vahram, due to them both being members of the League.

Now, I imagine that he has been assigned, by the Grand Architect, to do an audit of Graydirge's defenses, to report back to the League on any opportunities that are present, buildings or sites that they can use for future projects, or in need of repair or refurbishment. This would have brought him into contact with Bloodlord Haldoli, as he would have had to introduce himself to, both, the High Governor and the Bloodlord herself. Blood Lord Haldoli tasked Imbrexis with overseeing the maintenance and organization of Graydirge's ossuary. Given the city's unique construction materials and constant influx of new bones, the ossuary required careful management. Imbrexis was to collaborate with the city's undertakers, ensuring the efficient organization of bones, the proper disposal of remains, and the reinforcement of ossuary walls to prevent structural issues. This assignment allowed Imbrexis to familiarize himself with Graydirge's layout and its inhabitants.

1 hour ago, OsmundCinderholt said:

Dedication wise, I'm thinking of going Bastion for things like Everstand Stance for two-handed shield bashing madness. On top of the regular support minded bard skills/spells I'll be taking, Rosanna will turn out to be pretty interesting I think.

I am quite proud of my planned build. Imbrexis is going Duelist Dedication at 2nd, to couple Dueling Parry & Dueling Riposte with a Champion's high defenses, Tyrant's Iron Repercussions & Attack of Opportunity. Presenting foes with a lose-lose option ... Hit me? Ongoing mental damage or go prone, Miss me? Riposte, Move past me? Attack of Opportunity ...

42 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

he actively, though secretly, dislikes the Reanimator's guild for their duty, literally, involves breaking one of his Patron Deity's Anathema on the daily.

Important note on this the reanimators are split between creating and controlling the mindless undead. Since the undead are the main workforce for the farms the reanimated are also in charge of production of food both for the quick in geb and the exports at large.

Not that it should change your characters opinion or anything.

Edited by IwordsForogot (see edit history)

10 hours ago, VennDygrem said:

Glad to be on board! Congrats to everyone!

So, Riktor is an earth/fire kineticist with the Armored in Earth feat. Between good armor and shield, and decent attacks with some area control potential down the line, I see Riktor being pretty tanky. If that makes a difference in team composition. But he does seem to complement team 1 well.

10 hours ago, Dr Jackal said:

A couple things. First, Twograve is definitely more on the primary tank side. With a 19 AC and Expert saves, he's possibly the tankiest character in the mix. Second, Imbrexis doesn't seem like he plays nice with the living, so it might be better to align the groups with a more dead/living split.

That is why I put Twograve with the fighter instead of the champion, and part of why I added Riktor to the other group.

3 hours ago, Eagleheart said:

I think each party needs at least one frontliner (two would not go amiss), a healer, and a character who has plenty of skills.

Imbrexis, Drassa, Twograve, and Riktor would be the best frontliners.

Zero and Vahram would be the best healers.

Kosta and Kourache have the greatest variety of skills.

Do with that what you will. 🤔

I think all that is covered

1 hour ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Now here's something I didn't initially consider:

Group 1:

• Builder's League: Imbrexis
  • Export Guild: Deepforge
  • Reanimator's Guild: Kreetlock, Mistman
  • Tax Collector's Union: Darkblood
  • Unaffiliated: Zero

So the only faction Group 1 is unaffiliated with is the Celebrants.

Group 2

• Builder's League: Vahram
  • Celebrants: Kourache
  • Export Guild: Vane, Two Grave
  • Reanimators:
  • Tax Collector's Union:
  • Unaffiliated: Freysdottir

Whereas Group 2, as it stands, would be unaffiliated with both the Reanimators and the Tax Collector's Union.

Any suggested changes? When I try, I feel like I make more problems than I solve.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jackal said:

I'm fine with Group 2.

When I was doing the groupings, it brought back memories of our Star Wars game that never started, even down to you and I having characters that almost certainly should be split up. Hopefully, this one gets going, and next time I'll look at your app before I make my character.

I am good with the division and split. thank you all for the invite.

wow of 12 characters me and the dwarf are the only living, non undead character.

granted i am a corpse stitcher, lol

17 minutes ago, dtspurrier said:

I am good with the division and split. thank you all for the invite.

wow of 12 characters me and the dwarf are the only living, non undead character.

granted i am a corpse stitcher, lol

Rosanna is a "normal" human, more or less. Though the time in the Graveyard of Souls did change her nature, on a spiritual level. The Revenant sort of explicitly points out that I'm not undead. Just undead-adjacent I guess.