Session 9: Booty

GM Saint

image.jpeg.18b356b01b7971d6c0b65aeae394683a.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 0/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [o][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

Aaliyah blushed at Niko's glowing praise. "I don't know about any of that..." she tried to mutter in humility. Then she beams at Niko for agreeing with her. Thats a nice change. "Thanks Mamma! You know I'm not afraid to fight. I just want to know I'm fighting someone who needs to be fought.

"Hyal! I know about that magic!" She produces a seashell from her pocket. "That reminds me. Ahem..." she traces the outside of the shell and says into it, "I'm in Port Town, don't come here, might be a werewolf picnic tomorrow night. Go to..." she pauses and starts counting out loud, "one two three.. do these words count? Empyrean's Rest! Was that right? I think I said too much again."

“Perfect. Now, our words are limited, so let’s decide on what to say before I cast the spell.” Hjallmyr pulls a sheet of paper from his bag, then with a flick of his wrist a quill appears in his hand. He does not dip it in ink, but as he touches it to the paper, silvery words appear on the page.

Friends coming to help. Need information on bandits and their intentions. Why do they need you? Can be reasoned with? 25 word response maximum.

“How does this look to everyone?”

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18

"Looks perfect," Aaliyah agrees, studying the script intently. "You did great!"

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

"I introduced myself to him as Dain. I suggest compressing it more. 'Help coming. Your jailers intent and motive? Why kidnap you? Be reasoned with? 25 words. ' that leaves you 10 words to ask something like who the leader is, if he has his holy symbol, or when timing." Suggested the dwarf.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (2/2)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

Barkvin hangs his head at Aaliyah's words of condemnation. "Argh, I be sorry. It is my family here, I am afraid for them." He says by way of apology and explanation. It is weak but all that he has. He agrees with the plan so far and does not add anything to the message. His eyes get wide as Aaliyah talks into the sea shell, but he holds his tongue.

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: none

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest. Need to add arm stats

“I’m worried if we ask too many questions he won’t have enough words to respond. However, you know him better than I do, so if you think he can manage it then we can try.”

Hjallmyr wrote out Murdain’s version of the message beneath the first, adding some words of his own.

Help coming. Your jailers’ intents and motives? Why kidnap you? Be reasoned with? True werewolves? Have holy symbol? Best time to attack? 25 words.

“There. Any other suggestions?”

A few moments go by and you start to wonder if Tel got the message. A sudden voice rings out from the seashell, "ayy love. That's better. I'm in Luna City. I'll come your way and just be slow... clean the picnic up for me."

So distracting is the other message you almost miss when you hear Tel's voice in your mind. "Curing them, then the big one bites them again. He wants to be alpha of some village. Wants to kill Howling Knight. He'll attack tomorrow."

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Kirit  |  Class: Fighter 6 

AC: 16+1HP: 72/72 | Hit dice: 3/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2 | Adamant 1/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Kirit looks at Niko like she's crazy.

"Alone? Honestly, do you have a deathwish? I'll come with you, I've done some bodyguarding. No one ever really looks at the lackey. And no I can't outrun them, but I'd bet on myself to stay alive until the others arrive."

But when the response comes, that plan is already dead.

"So, he doesn't want to cure them. He wants to make them more powerful. Aaliyah, you see this is war now? If we kill the leader, before he bites them again, maybe the others can be reasoned with, and then be cured for real. That should be our plan - cut a path to Indominus, and put him down. He's the alpha, they are his pack. The rest might be cowed then, enough to submit to new leadership..."

He points to Niko. "Let's make her the alpha bit...female. And if they still try to fight..." He deliberately avoids looking at Aaliyah. "Then we kill them all, no mercy."

Edited by Knave (see edit history)

Aaliyah continued to leave Hjallmyr speechless. Was that a sending stone in the shape of a seashell? Best not to dwell on the specifics of whatever was going on there.

“He’s responded. I’ll write out the message so we can all examine it.”

He wrote out Tel’s response beneath his message, this time in a deep green ink.

Kirit was right. The odds of this being resolved peacefully were looking pretty dismal. He had no idea why they’d be re-biting each other, but he was sure it wasn’t good.

“Does anyone know who this ‘Howling Knight’ is. Perhaps we can play on his desire to be the alpha with a challenge of our own. If we can convince him to fight us on even terms for control of the pack, then we may not have to worry about fighting all of them. He may not be able to turn down a direct challenge in front of everyone. It will still be a risky gamble, however.”

Edited by CrimsonKnight16 (see edit history)

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

Murdain silently read what was written and shrugged. There was no meaning to hold secrets when they could be dying in the next 24 hours. "The Howling Knight is Iaeaus, Champion of Empyria Silver. Recently, he has taken to culling what he calls 'his children' due to them being weak. He is an elven knight from over 200 years ago, the first werewolf, as created by Griselda Mory. Indomitus is a second-generation werewolf, whom he infected. Until recently, he was used as an experimental subject and imprisoned. The village Tel mentions is one where werewolves live." He paused, looking at the paper and frowning. "I do not know why he would go through re-infecting the people, but it proves most of them are not natural-born, and Nikoletta is right. We have a shot. If I speculate... Its been 200 years, so the lot camped outside is probably 5th or 6th generation, if not more. Maybe being higher up makes you stronger - or maybe the tie to your... sire affords you some control. Probably the latter."

The dwarf chewed his lip, deep in thought. The overall plan was clear now, but specifics could still be hammered out. "...I think we still ought to try let Niko... and myself talk to him. It probably wont get us anything. Even if he honors the request I have and leaves, who's to say he doesnt instead go to Empyrean's Rest?" He shook his head. "Hjallmyr, what can you roughly do in a fight?"

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

“Since I have time to prepare my spells, I can fully commit to combat magic. Their regeneration shouldn’t be a problem, as I still have multiple castings of fireball and flaming sphere available. If all else fails, I can also use firebolt. I can also counterspell and dispel magic if there are enemy spell casters, but that will mean less fireballs. I will also need protection. I can cast mage armor and shield myself in an emergency, but even then I doubt I can take many hits. I would also like to add that I do not think it is wise to simply ask them to leave. There will be a frenzy in a couple days regardless of where they are, so if they leave then we are just pushing the problem onto someone else. We need to stop their leader.”

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Kirit  |  Class: Fighter 6 

AC: 16+1HP: 72/72 | Hit dice: 3/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2 | Adamant 1/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

"A duel? A battle of honour with a werewolf? We should rather assassinate him. Approach asking to parley, you can even ert if you like, then someone strong grab him, and I will skewer him before he can run. The rest will fall into lime behind Niko once the big one is down. I'm feeling more and more like this is the only play."

"Nikoletta can speak for herself if she feels like leading them but..." He glanced at her. "...I've at least not observed any such desire while she was with us." Cold words swam up in his mind, like frost on a window forming into words It would be efficient. Murdain sighed. "...I concede that if the leader is slain then others may not need to die. Morale is a powerful thing, and they've not turned yet. We could remove their curse here - we would have two clerics. But if information from the leader is needed - and who is the dragonborn? - then we cannot open with it. Lets see what the others say."

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)
Name
Insight(Niko)
1d20+2 11

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [x] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

"If he was turned by the progenitor, then those he turns may be stronger. Ludwi... my master said little was known about the curse's origin or what rules might differ among the first wolves."

She turns to Aaliyah for a moment and regards the girl with sadness. "You must accept this now, child. These men intend to be predators, there can be no quarter given here. I am sorry..."

Her fist was clenched so tightly her nails have drawn blood. She was practically shaking. "I believe this large wolf... it doesn't matter. I wish to look him in the eyes. The rest of you should prepare an ambush, rather than a rescue. I will distract them, approach from upwind. You all circle about. We must leave none alive or there WILL be innocents harmed. Make your preparations. I will go ahead... alone. I will mark my trail and wait for you to meet me halfway there."

She doesn't wait for further discussion. Her eyes were beginning to water as she flees the room and makes for the front door. Barely outside, her breath begins to catch as she begins struggling to breathe and ducks around a corner to find a horse trough and dunks her head into it for awhile before stumbling to the side to try and collect herself.

"Thats my dad..." Aaliyah mutters as Iaeus is brought up. "Can't have them trying to hurt him." She sighs sadly ar mmt Niko's words. Why does it always have to be violence and killing?

"Why is it always this way? We had to kill Sylvannia, we had to kill those wolves before, these now... sometimes I wish I could have stayed home." She had the staff in her lap and blinked at it curiously. When had it appeared there? "I guess dolls don't get to choose the games they play. So how long do we give her before we head out?"