Session 9: Booty

GM Saint

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_11/ffe456db-145a-4206-a621-b97d83a44164(2).jpg.5c56c24bd51547bf470bfc45f6b0d253.jpgName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 6 | AC: 1 | HP 54/54 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: ▣ ▣

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

Souris nodded, she wasn't in the right headspace to have multiple conversations at the moment, but a quick response was fine ~Sounds like a plan~

"We went with a scholar of sorts, I think she kept what we found... so Hal, about these Glabberzoos. Any tips on how to kill a particularly powerful one?" She poked at the fried food... no red meat. The deep fried cheese was really good though, after a long strong steep of herbs she added about a third of a cup of cream to her tea, took a sip and frowned. "Ugh, they didn't even warm the cream, this is cold now..."

She wasn't actually ignorant herself, having some knowledge of arcana and so forth, but she didn't take many lessons in demonic lore per say, and was mostly trying not to learn all the evil things.

Dice Ex Machina

hjallmyrhalfrock.png.f9f5d9e1d1cf70e5d987b36ad740c6e9.pngHjallmyr Halfrock

Class: Wizard 6 | AC: 12 | HP: 42/42 | Prof: +3 | Init: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30ft

Saves: Str: -1 / Dex: +2 / Con: +1 / Int: +9 / Wis: +4 / Cha: +0 | Luck: 2/2 | Death: 0/0

Spell DC: 16 | Spell Attack: +9 | Spells Prepared: 11 | Spell Slots -- Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 3/3 Lvl 3: 3/3

“I think I have some notes here…” Hjallmyr rummaged through his bag of holding, then pulled out a scroll case with the letter G emblazoned on the lid. He popped it open, and slid out a stack of papers with sketches and entries describing various creatures. He thumbed through a few of them before settling on the one he was looking for. “Here we are. The gelabrezu. They are mid-level demons— not in the ‘these are moderately difficult to fight’ sense, mind you. They would absolutely be too much to handle for most adventurers, but compared to say, a balor, they aren’t anything special. That said, as with any creature they could be stronger or weaker depending on circumstances. My recommendation, should you be forced to fight one, would be to hit it as hard as you can until it stops moving. Protection from evil spells would also be useful, since demons tend to be evil creatures. I’m not certain on any specific weaknesses they would have, however, because I have never had the displeasure of having to fight one myself.”

He carefully placed the paper back in its proper spot, then rolled them back into the scroll case and put it back in his bag. “Well at least it ended up in the hands of someone who can appreciate it. Can you give me the name and address of the scholar you talked to? I’ll still need to send a report back to Moonforge.”

Edited by CrimsonKnight16 (see edit history)

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 8/10 |💼 Inventory

"Aint sure thats appropriate. Client confidentiality an' all." The dwarf considered, spearing another piece of chicken on his fork. It didnt seem like they were going to get too much out of this transaction, but maybe if he fed a little more info...? Some people were like that, and opened up if a topic was spoken about. "You're right that it was Tessian's." He washed the meat down with a sip of tea. "...beyond tha'... Aint got a look at the journals, but I can tell ya what else was in 'ere. 'owever... Maybe you two wanna put yer heads together an figure summat out for where we could go."

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

image.jpeg.18b356b01b7971d6c0b65aeae394683a.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 0/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [x][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

"Hi, I'm Aaliyah," she'd said to the green dragonborn upon noticing him scrutinizing her. People who stared were always very fun when you acknowledged them staring. "Watch me closely because I drink a lot and I'm super strong and get into lots of bar fights!"

..."Just kidding! I promise I'll be good. I love your scales, by the way. They look like mine!" She pulls the front of her shirt down, revealing more cleavage than Niko would approve of but also showing off the faintly glowing scale pattern on one part of her chest.

Aaliyah's most prominent feature is her knee length mane of forest green hair. It was a natural color on her, soft and shiny and smelling like chlorine gas and poison a spring meadow. Her ears rivaled Nikoletta's though her skin was closer to pink than black. She wears a sleeveless green vest that matches her hair and a pair of matching leggings that fit snug enough to make up for the attention she loses not wearing a skirt anymore. A brown bag is slung over her shoulder. It seems empty and is made of some sort of leather and fleece with a magical symbol on it she never bothered to translate.

There is also a small green shield. The marking on it is the silhouette of a two headed wolf in fine silver with the moon between the two heads. On her left hand are five golden rings. Each ring has a different colored gem in it and they're all connected via golden wires to a bracer adorned with a matching gem pattern. There is also a crooked staff at her feet that wasn't there a moment ago. "Hold this for me," she says to the dragonborn, giving him the staff and walking away only for it to be waiting for her at the table. She knocks it into the floor and kicks it under the table. "Hi! I'm Aaliyah but you have to sing it to say it right. AhhhLEEEEYah." Her voice rings out her own name more like she was announcing a prize fighter than singing her introduction to the short guy.

The cloaked woman passes a bag of coins over to Bernie, you barely notice the gesture and starts towards the doors. "Drink up boys, we're back on the road before sunrise. We'll break at Empyrean's Rest tomorrow and then it's pure wilderness until we cross the border," she yells and several people in the common room acknowledge her.

On her way out, she sighs at a man entering the bar. "I just saw you in Luna- to hell with it," she moans, stepping outside past him.

The man is a middle aged dwarf dressed in a bright red, clearly magically dyed coat with a garishly contrasting blue shirt beneath it. His matching hat is almost comical with it's exaggerated point, a parody of the typical wizard hat you see in illustrations though few wizards actually dress that way. His is so red it glistens in the light and almost looks like plastic (A material you've never heard of...). A cloak of a myriad of rainbow hues is on his back (think tie-dye) with several moons magically inserted into an otherwise random pattern of colors.

Despite the garishness, it speaks of incredible wealth because anyone with an eye for it at all can tell all of those pieces are enchanted. As is the necklace around his neck and the ruby tipped walking stick. As is the giant metal monstrosity that walks in behind him and opens its massive chest, revealing just a dark interior. The golem, an iron golem by the looks of it, is an extremely rare thing crafted by only the most bored - and paranoid - of magic users. It's creation had likely cost more than this entire town's total worth.

He clears his throat and speaks with a voice heard in every corner of the inn.

"Ladies and gentlemen, lads and lasses, gather 'round and listen well, for I, Mastudious Malenko, your mirthful magical dwarf, bid you a boisterous welcome to my bewitching boutique! Behold the brilliance before you, brimming with bountiful treasures beyond your wildest dreams! Step into a splendid sanctuary where sorcery and splendor collide! Seekers of spells, seekers of secrets, seekers of serenity, come forth and feast your eyes upon a symphony of shimmering trinkets and tantalizing talismans! Each item, a masterpiece of mysticism, crafted with care and cunning to captivate and charm!

Marvel at my mystical mirrors that reflect the magic within! Be mesmerized by the medley of majestic wands, weaving wonders with every wave! Delight in the dazzling display of enchanted jewelry, each gem gleaming with glorious enchantment! But wait, there's more! Witness the wizardry of whimsical artifacts and fantastical relics, each imbued with its own unique charm! From potions of potency to scrolls of spellbinding, my emporium promises to fulfill your every fantasy!

So, let your curiosity carry you into this cavern of wonders, where every corner holds a treasure untold! Come, let Mastudious Malenko, the maestro of magic, be your guide on this enchanting escapade! Surrender to the spellbinding allure of my shop, and let your imagination soar!"

He taps the golem and the darkness lights up to reveal some kind of shop inside the golem... an extradimensional space of some sort, you'd guess.

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (2/2)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

The half orc/half elf blushes at Hilde's comment but thanks her. He takes a big drink of ale and then absentmindedly eats a bite of the fried food.

When Hjallmyr asks if they have anything from the cave, Barkvin almost speaks up, but after looking a Murdain he quickly shuts his mouth and looks around for something. He grabs his ale and takes another long drink.

"Aye, Bernie is the large gnome fellow over there. Some say he is half dwarf. Who knows?" He answers Murdain pointing Bernie out.

"Argh, that nasty druid/dragon lady ripped off me arm when she were a dragon and then put a ..., well fixed it sorta when she was pretending to be a young lass. Still hurts though, but I don't need more healin'. I need to see me ma." He replies to Souris absentmindedly.

The cleric mostly ignores the table conversation and the strange wizard, and keeps looking around for his mother to show up. Once he finishes his ale he will wave to Hilde for another one.

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: I hope you are okay with me saying that the new arm glows. I think that a glowing arm is a better flavor, thematically.

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest. Need to add arm stats

hjallmyrhalfrock.png.f9f5d9e1d1cf70e5d987b36ad740c6e9.pngHjallmyr Halfrock

Class: Wizard 6 | AC: 12 | HP: 42/42 | Prof: +3 | Init: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30ft

Saves: Str: -1 / Dex: +2 / Con: +1 / Int: +9 / Wis: +4 / Cha: +0 | Luck: 2/2 | Death: 0/0

Spell DC: 16 | Spell Attack: +9 | Spells Prepared: 11 | Spell Slots -- Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 3/3 Lvl 3: 3/3

Hjallmyr sighed heavily, and slumped in his chair. If they weren't willing to tell him about this 'scholar', then they were more than likely either a private collector or something more nefarious. Either way, none of the materials they had given over would see the light of day any time soon. So much knowledge lost. Not to mention that he wouldn't have hardly anything to report on. It was time to start on damage control.

"How about this. You folks need someone with knowledge of the creatures you're facing. I have experience traveling these lands, and a wealth of research at my disposal. You're also likely to come across more historical sites like the study. I'll offer my services to you, and in exchange you'll help me preserve what we can of the history of the Vale. I understand that you need funds, and might need to sell off much of what we find, but I ask that you at least let me document the things we find so it won't be completely lost." As much as he wanted to return to Moonforge where he didn't need to worry about risking his life, he also couldn't live with himself knowing this group of ruffians were running around destroying ruins and selling artifacts off to the highest bidder.

Just then, an elven woman came through the door and made him immediately regret his decision. She was exactly the type of person he was worst with, as evidenced by his complete lack of ability to respond to her introduction. Was he actually supposed to sing? He'd never heard of any kind of custom regarding musical names in the Vale, but maybe it was a rural tradition... Either way, it seemed an inefficient way to address someone.

Thankfully, an even more eccentric figure entered soon after, relieving him of the need to think on it further. A merchant, it would seem, and one with a powerful magic item. He had to admit he was intrigued at the inter-dimensional store, but it was far too intimidating to walk up to the man while everyone was watching. Perhaps he would try after someone else made the first move...

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_11/ffe456db-145a-4206-a621-b97d83a44164(2).jpg.5c56c24bd51547bf470bfc45f6b0d253.jpgName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 6 | AC: 1 | HP 54/54 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: ▣ ▣

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

Souris cringed at Aaliyah's request to sing her name. "Aaliyah, could we go take care of that staff sooner than later? I'd rather it not be covered with whatever is on a tavern floor."

Dice Ex Machina

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 8/10 |💼 Inventory

"Thanks, Barkvin. Got it." He nodded to the half-orc. The stunned silence following Aaliyah's introduction matched Murdain's own reaction, so he made a sympathetic face at the mage. He was going to reply, but the loud intrusion and advertisement left him a bit stunned. He blinked, shook his head, and turned back towards Hjallmyr. "Aint gonna deny someone wit' book knowledge'd be useful. Cant deny we'd've gotten more iffen'e had someone who could 'valuate finds proper-like." He cut off a large chunk of deep fried fish and chewed for a while. "I aint against ya joinin. Scrolls'n the like can be made copies of, right? 'riginal gets sold, copy kept. But 'fore we put it up ta group decision, what can ye do? Alchemy? Spells? Ye aint going nowhere without some sorta backup in the Vale, so what's yer card? 'gain... There's some other stuff I wanna pick yer brain on, 'egardin' what we found in that ...study."

He took another drink of the tea. "...Hm. Maybe we oughta go look at the wares this Malenko's got? Rare chance ta see a real magic shop up close out 'ere. Maybe'll even find summat useful for our trip." Still, it did seem strange. A magic item shop, in here. Who was he hoping to sell to? These folk wouldnt have that much gold. Was he targeting them? Shop was interdimensional, maybe it could be some kind of trap? Seemed doubtful. In front of everyone? Ruining reputation? The caravaner said something to him, though... He could try to see, maybe...?

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Name
Insight on Malenko maybe? He got a devious plan?
1d20+2 19

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [x] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

"I accompanied you to Exile's Pass to hunter a creature of darkness. When it was slain, I returned to your home to seek you out. I admit it was out of a sense of endearment I hadn't expected. I find myself strangely enjoying this company overall. I am not, however, a treasure hunter nor a mercenary nor do I intend to become one." Niko eyes the strange dwarf who enters and sighs. There was no stopping her.

"I've been to this inn before, I should say. Trina tracked a wolf here and we took him on those very docks as he sought to escape me by boat. I believe Aegis made it right but it may come up. Five..." her eyes flicker to Aaliyah. "Four... three... two..."

Read this if Aaliyah does it...

"...and there she goes." Niko shook her head as Aaliyah immediately forgot what she was doing and is lured to the dwarf's lair. "It's quite fortunate she was raised how she was, I think. She'd never have survived growing up in a city."

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (2/2)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

Barkvin considers Hjallmyr's proposal and nods. "Aye, sounds reasonable. I ain't got no objection."

"Aaliyah, come sit and have a drink with me. There's some grub to. Holor ain't a bad cook, he just fries everything."

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: I hope you are okay with me saying that the new arm glows. I think that a glowing arm is a better flavor, thematically.

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest. Need to add arm stats

image.jpeg.18b356b01b7971d6c0b65aeae394683a.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 0/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [x][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

Aaliyah was spellbound. So entranced by the man's words and the mysterious shop, she couldn't afford to notice Nikoletta's countdown. Her body started moving of it's own volition when Barkvin called to her and she deflated. The reason they came her really was to talk to his mom and she knew things he needed to have available while they spoke.

Shoulders slumped, she sits back down and starts picking at the food. "So... H.. Hjall, Hyjallamyr... So Hal ummmm," she tried to make conversation but her eyes kept going to the dwarf with the golem. "I have to go." She gave up and gave Barkvin a kiss on his cheek before running to Mastudious. "Hi, I'm Aaliyah! I want to sell you a cool, powerful magic staff!" She produces the staff, which was in her hand now. Her eyes catch Murdain probably about to have a stroke and she puts her head down. "Just kidding. I can't sell it because demons. Can I come see your shop? I extorted some paladins into giving me lots of old for killing a shadow monster for them."

OOC: How... do I say that name?

"That staff is indeed quite a thing. Come lovelies, come within and behold the spectacle! You, young lady, are obviously of the caster flavor. I love the design of your focus, very ancient elven design," he says, taking Aaliyah's hand and admiring the rings and bracer combination. "You wouldn't care to part with it, would you? Bah, of course not. You strike me already as a lass who gets into enough trouble she needs all the magical power she can seize."

As you go inside the golem, he extends a finger into your hair and lifts a bit, letting it's length trail over it as you walk until it falls free again. "That seems burdensome. Lovely though, for certain." Then he turns back to the common room and announces, "don't be shy, there's room for more than one customer. Just come inside and say hi!"

Inside is a massive showroom with rows upon rows of glass display cases. The cases contain rings and amulets and scrolls and potion vials. The potions are clearly labeled but have fantastic names such as 'wondrous recovery draught," on something that looks very much like a potion of healing. Along the walls are weapon racks and armor stands and coat racks with cloaks laid out on them.

Floating above it all is a larger bulbous creature with a single eye in the middle of it's face above a tooth filled maw. Four eye stalks sprout from it's head and they all move around, keeping a watchful gaze on the entire show room.

OOC: You can find any common or uncommon consumable magical item in this room and a variety of enchanted weapons and armor. Any common magic item can be found here and many uncommon ones. For pricing, I am using:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XAiXpOfz9cMWt1RTBicmpmUDg/view?resourcekey=0-ceHUken0_UhQ3Apa6g4SJA

Beyond the stuff listed above...

There is a side room you'll eventually notice, inside of which are racks of magical scrolls and vials of ink and stacks of fine paper. In another side room you will find a rarer collection of items. That description will come when you get around to it.

"Actually Aaliyah? Hold... hold the staff for a bit longer. I think you may be right about it." Souris had been lost in thought and had finally stood up when everyone began moving. "I need to go home. I think maybe the staff did call to me and my mother knows about these things. I'll find you all later, once I've had some time to think."

Shhe hands the journal to Murdain. "I translated it for you. There's some important stuff in there."

ร—
ร—