Session 9: Booty

GM Saint

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (2/2)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

Barkvin smiles at Kirit's comment. "Aye, that is a good thing then." He agrees.

The teenage boy blushes at Hilde's comments. He comes over and sits down nursing his wrapped arm. "Argh, hi Hilde. How are ya doin' me hearty? Aye, these be me friends who got rid of them evil shadows. I recon that's worth a mug of ale or a glass of wine. This is Nikoletta, Souris, Aaliyah, Murdain and Ved or do you go by Kirit now?" He asks Kirit. "Busy here today." He states looking around. Barkvin looks comfortable here, is is clear that he has been here before and it feels kind of like an extension of home to him.

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: I hope you are okay with me saying that the new arm glows. I think that a glowing arm is a better flavor, thematically.

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest. Need to add arm stats

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 8/10 |💼 Inventory

The dwarf in front of you is a gruff man standing at close to 5 ft, on the tall side for one of his kind, with reddish brown hair and slight beard and moustache. Bright blue eyes peer out from under thick eyebrows, with a wary look in them; curled around his left eye socket and stretching onto about half his forehead is a complicated blue tattoo slightly obscured by hair, but processing a crescent shape. His skin is comparatively pale and scarred in places. The dwarf wears little in the way of decoration - most things he wears are purely practical, an exception being a pearl earring and a wolfskull attached to his left bracer. He wears a newly made studded coat, made of unfamiliar black leather, to the chest of which there is a silver six-star pin. The jacket is crisscrossed with belts shoulder to hip, with multiple pouches, a scroll case, and several vials of differing colors on them for easy access. The second belt on his waist is ornate with complex designs and runic patterns, but does not look expensive, rather just intricate, and is mostly hidden by the jacket. The pants look like they've used to be leaf green but are now closer to black, having faded; the patches on them held up better. These are tucked into his boots; a sturdy sort that dont look to be of human make and well taken care of. As he adjusts his hooded cloak, the pattern on it shifts with it, causing a slight distortion effect; it would be difficult to spot him in the trees; it also exposes the hilt of a rapier and a multitude of knifes - in his boot, on his shoulder, in his bracer, on his belt, and you're pretty sure he's got one behind his belt too, somehow. He must really like knives, though the one he just sheathed looked a bit more ornamented. He walks using an oaken staff that looks like its been driftwood for a while.

"Ma'am." The dwarf nodded politely. "If ya've tea 'r coffee, I'd gladly take it 'stead 'f ale 'r wine." He spoke with a rough accent, cutting off some words. Though Barkvin's attitude suggested these were all people he knew, and Bernie, the owner of the establishment - whoever he was - was someone trustworthy, there were a lot of people here, and the cleric couldnt have known all of them. This was a lot of people, for the Vale, and a new place. Best remain on your toes. Security, for a Vale inn... Pretty heavy. If it was just the dragonborn brawler, he'd consider it normal, but the tabaxi certainly wasnt, an the crossbow was a lot more serious a threat. Not 100% coverage though, from how he saw it from a corner of his eye. Goliath girl Barkvin called Hilde looked like she could break a man in two without much difficulty, as well. The cloaked woman behind the counter... Must be some kinda business. "...Lets go see iffen we can get a table. Barkvin, think there'll be rooms fer us?" Their contact would likely approach them now, or later, depending how secretive they wanted to be. Loudly demanding to see Bernie would attract attention. "I'll go see 'bout getting a table." The dwarf looked over the common room with practiced gaze, and, spotting a table with only one person, off in the corner, approached it. "'pologies. Got six souls, these seats taken?"

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

hjallmyrhalfrock.png.f9f5d9e1d1cf70e5d987b36ad740c6e9.pngHjallmyr Halfrock

Class: Wizard 6 | AC: 12 | HP: 42/42 | Prof: +3 | Init: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30ft

Saves: Str: -1 / Dex: +2 / Con: +1 / Int: +9 / Wis: +4 / Cha: +0 | Luck: 2/2 | Death: 0/0

Spell DC: 16 | Spell Attack: +9 | Spells Prepared: 11 | Spell Slots -- Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 3/3 Lvl 3: 3/3

Hjallmyr stood out among the taverngoers, and not just because he was dressed in scholars robes in a tavern for drunken vagrants. He was a mass of contradictions— short and stocky, but a bit too tall for a dwarf and a bit too short for a human. He had a barrel chest and thick, sturdy limbs, but soft smooth skin that had not been marred by physical labor. He at least appeared to be trying to grow a beard, and while it was finely kept, it was still a patchy, embarrassing thing that he couldn’t help nervously fiddling with.

And Hjallmyr was fully flustered at the moment. He sat alone, papers and maps scattered across the table, poring over his notes and trying not to pull out too many of his precious few beard hairs. He took a few deep swigs of his ale to calm himself. His only lead had been ransacked, and he was at a complete loss for where to go. He had hoped to find out who had cleared out the ruin here, but so far had no luck. He knew better than to return empty handed to Moonforge, but at this rate he would be out of funds soon as well. 

He was just about to start planning out his route home, when a young half orc stepped through the door. Apparently he and his friends killed the shadow. Hjallmyr dared to hope that adventurers that capable might have also been the ones to plunder the ruins he had found. That hope quickly faded to anxiety, however, as he realized that they had likely already sold off all the loot they had found. So much history lost…

Before he could ruminate any further, one of the half orc’s friends, a dwarven man decked out in magical gear— was that music notes on his belt? — approached him and asked to share the table. 

“N-not at all. Please, make yourselves at home. I’ll just get all this out of your way…” Hjallmyr’s dwarven accent was barely detectable thanks to his years of study, but it always came out a little stronger when he talked to dwarves. The wizard nervously shoveled his papers into his bag of holding to clear off the table. “I’m Hjallmyr Halfrock. Pleasure to meet you, sir. Seems like you lot are local celebrities.”

Edited by CrimsonKnight16 (see edit history)

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [x] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Nikoletta Vandal stepped into the new place and stood blocking the doorway while her head lifted slightly. A thousand scents struck her at once and a cacophony of sounds barraged her ears.

She's quite tall for an elf, more than six feet in height. A thick manw of glistening white hair cascades down her back, the sides meticulously combed behind her pointed ears. Some would call her pretty but she's been told she has a very motherly look. At first she was offended by the description as she's only 70 years old and yhats quite young for her people. She's grown to embrace it though.

Her body is adorned by a fine, relatively new suit of splint mail. The metal bits were darkened and stained to a silvery black. On her belt are over a dozen small lockets of various shapes, sizes and materials and an assortment of rings as well as a gleaning silver dagger. On her back is large sword with a strangely curved blade. Around her neck is a silver mask in the shape of a wolfs image, with several decorative feathers hanging from its side.

The strangest standout is the pair of silver manacles hanging from her belt opposite the dagger and trinkets.

"As much as I'd enjoy a drink, this seems like a night for business first," she says to no one in particular and following Murdain to a table.

"Good day... Halfrock?" What an interesting name. "Celebrity? Ah, that Shadow business... perhaps." She curled her nose up a bit in distaste. If people started doting over them, she was going to be sick."

Edited by Alliebaby (see edit history)

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_11/ffe456db-145a-4206-a621-b97d83a44164(2).jpg.5c56c24bd51547bf470bfc45f6b0d253.jpgName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 6 | AC: 1 | HP 54/54 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: ▣ ▣

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

Standing with an unimpressed expression the diminutive olive skinned and amber eyed girl's glare drifted around the bar. She wore black leathers that seemed relatively new, not showing many creases, scuffs, cracks or other signs of age and wear that frequently used armor would. There are studs of ivory adorning the skirt of stripped leather, around her neck a drapery of leather that ended in a massive cats paw, there were six of the paws worked into the design, and over it all a contrasting cloak of fur that was white as snow, unnatural in color and size for any common wolf. Tilted up on her head is a protective red spirit mask, with a white fur trim, that could be used either for ritual or combat.

In an outstretched arm a spear is propped, the blade decorative with a few raven feathers dangling from it, on her back is a pack and shield. Despite wearing the hides of two apex predators and holding an ornate weapon, she does not look like much of a seasoned warrior, not even 5ft tall, her skin is soft, not particularly muscular, with few callouses or scars, and she's much more curvy than thin.

She rolled her eyes as Murdain approach an occupied table. "I'm definitely going to need a drink... Hjall, you look learned, you know anything about demons or killing them?"

Dice Ex Machina

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 8/10 |💼 Inventory

Murdain nodded. There was no time to drink on the job. "Celebrity?" He grimaced. "Maybe 'cross the pond." He waved to the others and sat down, turning a chair with the back covering his stomach. It was his turn to roll his eyes when Souris asked that of a random passerby, but he just sighed and settled in. "Maybe have some juice then, we're kinda on the job." He offered. "Murdain. Tha's Nikoletta." He nodded at the elf. "Souris." He indicated the druidess.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_11/ffe456db-145a-4206-a621-b97d83a44164(2).jpg.5c56c24bd51547bf470bfc45f6b0d253.jpgName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 6 | AC: 1 | HP 54/54 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

"Gross... I'd rather tea or milk. Juice is too sweet." Then she gave flick of a wave when introduced. "...and we're not technically on the job yet, and we were just walking for hours, lets have lunch. I bet the gnome even pays."

She waived down one of the serving girls. "I'll have whatever's the best red meat you have that's fresh and cooked rare, a salad with cheese and nuts, and bring me something to drink with it that isn't juice, and some water. I'll leave the rest of the details up to you. Thanks.... anyone else want something?"

Dice Ex Machina

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (2/2)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

Barkvin is a strange motley looking fellow. He is in his late teens and much too thin for an orc or even a typical half orc. His ears are clearly elven and so is the shape of his face. He has long black hair that is currently ratty and sweat stained as are his clothes. He wears fine looking pirate clothes including a large hat with a large feather. Unfortunately his fine clothes are currently tattered and torn, road dust dirty and sweat stained. His left arm is completely wrapped in a blanket from his shoulder down to past his finger tips and tied crudely with a rope that is looped around is neck where it has chaffed his green skin. The wrapped arm clearly causes him pain from time to time as he flinches, but doesn't say anything. His companions don't seem to notice his arm. Around his neck hangs a holy symbol of the sun goddess Sola, likewise his shield is painted bright yellow and depicts the sun goddess. A mace hangs from his belt as does a light crossbow. His look does not work for him, even with out the wrapped arm. He might look comical if not for the grave look on his face. "Aye, just an ale for me then. Any rooms available?" He asks Hilde.

Joining the others at the table he nods to Hjallmyr. "Argh, me name is Barkvin. Nice to meet ya. Thanks for sharing yer table." He looks over at Souris. "Don't count on getting anything for free from Bernie. He's honest but not in the business of giving things away, not unless he gets something in return." He says just quietly but loud enough for the table to hear.

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: I hope you are okay with me saying that the new arm glows. I think that a glowing arm is a better flavor, thematically.

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest. Need to add arm stats

Class: Wizard 6 | AC: 12 | HP: 42/42 | Prof: +3 | Init: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30ft

Saves: Str: -1 / Dex: +2 / Con: +1 / Int: +9 / Wis: +4 / Cha: +0 | Luck: 2/2 | Death: 0/0

Spell DC: 16 | Spell Attack: +9 | Spells Prepared: 11 | Spell Slots -- Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 3/3 Lvl 3: 3/3

“Demons?” Hjallmyr wasn’t sure he wanted to know why the party needed information on demons. Still, this was the only lead he had right now, and his only other option was to report that he had lost an important historical site. As they say, ‘any port in a storm.’ “Yes, in fact, I have extensively studied demons. I’m an archaeologist, and I’ve found that it helps to know a little about everything to make the pieces fit together. Speaking of which, I was actually hoping you could help me too. I’ve been searching for the study of Baron Theodore Tessian. Even tracked the place down, too.” He reached into his bag of holding, pulled out one of his maps, and rolled it out on the table. A red circle marked where he had found the ruins. “Awful place. Buried under a hill and full of black puddings. Problem is, someone else got there first. I was hoping you lot, being the experienced adventurers that you are, might either be the ones who cleared it out or have heard who did.”

"I am a plain man. Tea, and bacon and eggs is enough for me." Murdain placed his own order. "Iffen not, stew or some manner of roast, preferably medium-rare." He nodded to Barkvin, then shrugged, replying in a half-tone. "An we aint in the business of riskin' our necks fer free, neither, so it works out. Which one's Bernie?" Having said his piece he half-turned, keeping an eye on the crossbow and the counter. "Yer a ways from the fort, kinsman. Didnt think tha Elders cared much to send us inta 'ere... 'r are ya here fer Old Olin?"

The questions the scholar asked drowned the need to answer his own. "...There aint much to tell bout that place." He grunted. "Not tha best experience I've 'ad. But iffen its summat I could answer... Why not. Not under contract to be silent 'bout it. Tell ye what, you answer some questions for us, and we answer yers?"

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Shrugging at Barkvin, Souris taps her pouch. "It's fine if he doesn't, I have gold... but we'll see. And I've been meaning to ask about your arm. Do you need any healing? You look like you got caught in a ships rigging... actually we can discuss that when we go do that thing with Aaliyah and the thingy. I don't want you pulling out any wounded limbs while I'm eating." She added.

Besides that the stalky one had her attention now. "So you know Demons... happens we might know a thing or two about that library and can introduce you to someone who knows even more. Have you ever heard of the Harvester?" Souris eyed Murdain then, she wasn't sure if she was doing this negotiating thing right, this guy wasn't wagging his tail or anything so it was hard to tell if he was interested.

Dice Ex Machina

There was no need for subtle gestures and body language when talking to Souris - after all, both of them could chat without speaking. ~"There's precious few who'd be interested in this information, so whatever new contribution we get out of him is a freebie. Dont look like he's rich, but he's the look of one of the Valefort Scholars. Should know a decent bit, at least. I'll give away info in pieces, and you ask him what you need to know. I'm not much in the know on the staff."~

"...S'a glabrezu, if that helps ye any."

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

“Ah excellent. So it was you.” He was relieved to have found his answer for a brief instant, but looking around the table it was plain that these were not the type of people to have properly catalogued and recorded everything of historical significance they had found. He was almost too afraid to ask. “I… don’t suppose you have anything left over of what was inside the ruins. Anything about the baron or what he was studying? As for this… Harvester, was it? I don’t know about it specifically but I do know a thing or two about glabrezu.”

Name
Knowledge
1d20+8 12

"I got a private room for you suga, just let me know," Hilde flirts to Barkvin. Then she yells at the table, "I got drinks comin' loves. Let me get caught up."

The server informs you that they don't really offer a wide variety of foods like that and looks confused you'd order so many different things. "How about I just bring you the special? Our cook is an old Goliath man, makes gmthe good stuff, I promise."

Barkvin knows the cook is Hildes uncle, Holor. He used to be a warrior for his clan, now he just runs the kitchen here. He's a good cook but his food can do a number on an unprepared stomach.

Hal. A glabrezu is a mid-level demon, or most are. Extremely dangerous by material plane standards but far from the upper echelon of the abyssal ranks. Still, demons are like mortals in many ways. They can exceed their normal limitations with the use of magics and such.

A few minutes later and the girl returns with hit water and tea leaves, honey and a bit of cream for it if you're a heathen who adds dairy to tea. Ale is such is brought also for any who asked.

Then another girl joins her with a big tray of food. It seems to be mostly chicken and fish and balls of this sharp yellow cheese. Its all deep fried though, somethibg most of you haven't really had before but is common among goliaths. Niko traveled with a Goliath and Barkvim grew up here though. Even the cheese was breaded and fried in a vat of boiling oil.

"Theres plenty rooms left over. Most of this caravan is staying with their wagons. Bernie says dinner is on him loves, not sure what you did but eat up!" The server leaves again, adding a word to Barkvin she'll go tell his mom he was here.

The taste of the food was unfamiliar, but the crunchy nature was interesting enough for him to keep eating. Felt like tea to wash it down was perfect, though, with all the grease and oil. Eating meat again felt nice, and with the Shadow gone, things would only get better. The dwarf seemed to be enjoying his food regardless of how new it is to him.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: