Layout Question

crimsonjoe

Just getting back into Myth Weavers after a few years.

How do you get the header of your statblock to look like the setup below? Would like to set up something similar myself.

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

Half Elf Merchant, Waukeener 

AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 | L2 0/0

Thanks

If you want to use that exact setup, just clone it, edit it appropriately and then save it somewhere (like your application thread). I absolutely borrowed it from somewhere.

The only fiddly bit is the picture is floated left - when you put a picture in if you double click it it gives you options of left none or right. Left/Right will float it to that side of the post and wrap text around it, none will put it inline with text.

The link is a link, the lines are horizontal lines (the icon that looks like two paragraphs of text with a thick line between)

The hover over skills in the stats is a creative use of OOC text, with Str being the displayed text and the various stats being the OOC text - trained ones are underlined by flanking them with <u></u>

I mostly use it for my benefit - saves me referencing any other sheet or thread when I need to roll something, hopefully in a manner that isn't too obtrusive

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Honestly, I did mine by cloning @PureChance and then swapped the images by hitting the "<>Source" button (in the MW post editor bar, below the Bold, Italic, Underscore, etc, line) and then finding the proper line in that code for the token image and just replacing all instances of the images address text with that for the one I uploaded.

Allowed me to make sure it was the right scaled down size too to match.

I would suggest that he harmonize on posting format. FWIW, what I have the most experience playing in a bunch of PbP is the following:

"Talking" - in quotes and bold-faced

Thoughts - in italics

Description - nothing

Obviously, it doesn't have to be that, but it would help to clearly pinpoint what is said outloud that PCs can react to and what is internal monlogue that PCs should NOT react to.

thanks

13 hours ago, Coruja said:

I too make it like JubalBreakbottle, but with the advent of coloring speech and thoughts. Something like this:

"Speech"

Thoughts

Description

This is my preferred format for PC’s. Can be a bit much if like 3 NPC’s are talking in a post though so I tend to keep them more plain. Aspekt and I will work out what we think is best though. We’ll probably work out a pre-made post template everyone can use for any post, new MW makes some of it so easy and sharp looking.

Just wanna check to make sure I am good to post an open link to this resource before I do so, not sure what’s exactly kosher or not on MW these days.

the Token Maker 2/Tokenizer 2? It’s what I (and I assume PureChance as well) used to get Saya’s picture into that bordered circle. With a number of folks adopting PureChance’s layout, thought it might help to also make them look even more uniform.

Reference:

image.png.52e3dea817adcbaac7089679ef8dfbad.png

Also, if anyone wants one but doesn’t feel at ease with the webprogram that makes em, just let me know and i can whip something up for you. Just pm me with then portrait and a preferred border colour.

Edited by ResidualRose (see edit history)

BTW, for the GMs, there should be an option under "Manage Game" (for you guys) called "Character Sheets" that should enable us PCs to link our sheets to the game all proper-like.