Intruder (RP; everyone at Cameron's Base - Probably not Linden unless someone invites him)

Papa Bear

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom tells Tres, "Follow Kennedy. Help her." He stumbles after Kennedy relying on faith that he find where Kennedy ran off to.

OoC: Still chasing after Kennedy. Intuition EX Red result.

FASERIP CHART

image.png.7d60f6c38e27eabf80654115292a70cf.png

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Intuition EX
1d100 95

Posted (edited)

Kennedy focuses on her target with laser intensity. She leaps through the door to slip past the Templar in the powered armor... and good thing she did or he'd have knocked her out of the park with a four run grand slam. As it is, the Templar's skilled attack still catches Kennedy with a painful strike. Gritting her teeth, she quickly catches up to the fleeing Templar and wraps him up in her unbelievable strength. Likewise, she notices a Templar craft similar, but smaller, to the one she and the group saw at the military base where the Meteorite struck. The 'coward' was running toward the craft.

The Bruiser is running after Kennedy, leaving the doorway as Tom emerges after hearing Kennedy's insults and expletives.

OOC: UH... wow

Something's off with the RNG!

That is an amazing string of 90+ rolls

OK then; Kennedy's dodge was effective even considering the 93 attack roll as her dodge shifted it to yellow BUT that was at shift zero with an extra shift to go (The attack was an Excellent Rank... I don't think you are supposed to shift down further than Shift Zero, but I'm good with it!

Kennedy takes the hit, but not a slam, which is good for her attack/grapple. The attack deals Unearthly damage (100) minus K's wonderful toughness (so, I believe she loses 50 Health).

The fire suppression system, like nearly everything else, is electronics based. The 'signal' is messing with the electronics. The three stations are hydraulic. In order to get enough pressure to span the whole base, there has to be three separate sources.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)
Name
Attack on Kennedy (-6 CS)
1d100 93

The Swashbuckler

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom tells Tres, "Three! ZAP!!." He waves the smoke away from his eyes as he hopes his Robobuddy is close enough to help Kennedy.

OoC: If Three is nearby and the Templar is wear metal armor, would he get a +1CS to Zap the Templar?

FASERIP CHART

Posted (edited)

OOC: I'll give him a +2 CS!

Hearing Tom's 'suggestion', the boxy little robot, who was opening a missile hatch, closes the hatch and extends its little zapper arm and rolls up to the Templar in Powered armor. But the armor's sensors pick up the little 'bot and he quickly side-steps.

The Templar in Kennedy's grip squirms, but her hold is too tight.

OOC: well there goes the run of good luck... we'll need @Roughtrade to jump-start the high die rolls again!

Tom gets an action. The punk Kennedy caught gets an escape attempt. Kennedy's Amazing Strength gives her +4 CSs over the punk's Good Strength, which means his intensity roll to escape is -4 CS, which makes his escape attempt at Shift Zero (actual shift zero)

Kennedy can choose to apply her strength in squeeze damage on the punk templar.

Name
Three zapping Powered Armer D-bag
1d100 6
Punk Assassin Escape attempt
1d100 34

The Swashbuckler

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom doesn't want to do anything that would jeopardize Kennedy's hold on the Templar so he just keeps a look out for the Templar's friends that might be nearby.

OoC: Just using her Intuition at the moment, but no action on the Templar that could cause it to escape or kill itself. Yellow Result.

FASERIP CHART

Name
Intuition EX
1d100 83

The Swashbuckler

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom runs in to engage the other Templar Knight. Attacking with his very sharp sword he is going to make 2 cuts into the armor so Kennedy can begin ripping the armor apart to get to the man inside.

OoC: Rolling for Multiple Attacks Fighting IN - Thank god for Powers; "Probability Manipulation" 27 = 72, Yellow Result.

Attack 1 sword - Edged Attacks, Green Result, Hit

Attack 2 sword - Edged Attacks, Green Result, Hit

each cut does EX damage but cuts through anything under UN material strength

FASERIP CHART

Name
Multiple Attacks Fighting IN
1d100 27
Sword Attack 1 Fighting AM
1d100 32
Sword Attack 2 Fighting AM
1d100 51

On 3/4/2024 at 11:18 PM, Civit said:

"Guys, intel says 3 invaders total."

To Linden, "when we are clear, we need to meet."

@Varuna

Yes, I agree. It's high time we meet each other properly. Oh, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but if your robot is correct with his sensors, the Templars arrived in some kind of spaceship.

@Civit

Kennedy Jones

"Come along, Larry, I wanna talk to your friend." Kennedy quips, wincing as she quickly turns back towards the heavily armored Templar.

He hit pretty hard, and that was when she dodged him. Very few things have managed to tickle her since the change, let alone leave a bruise. If this isn't resolved quick then it is not going to end well. Also, the whole poison-tooth shtick means more corpses if the Templars are not taken out quickly.

Squeezing her captive in a head lock and applying rough 'noogie' thumps on his head, Kennedy drags him back towards where the big armored guy and Tom are engaged. Hoping to put this one Templar down hard and quick, before he has a chance to kill himself.

"Why are you hitting yourself?" Kennedy asks, grabbing the Templar's hand, and holding it tightly as she punches him in the face.

Karma = 246 Health = 200/150 

As much as I need to engage the big guy, the poison tooth thing means having no one to question if we give them a chance to bite down. So this action is devoted to trying to quickly put down the little guy. If it doesn't work, then next round she will throw him at Tom and engage with the big guy.

Is Aria coming to join us?

Automatic Amazing (50) damage to grappled Templar.

Posted (edited)

The big armored guy notices that Tom is trying to strike at him tactically and apparently seems to understand that Tom's sword is unbelievably sharp. He twists away to protect what is presumably more important parts of the armor, though he can't get out of harms way completely and Tom scores a couple slashes but isn't able to accomplish what he'd hoped to do with his cuts.

Kennedy 'plays with her food' and the cowardly Templar makes a veritable range of 'squeaky toy' noises with the different comical abuses that she rains down on him.

"I'm coming Cobra 2." the big armored tank shouts through an amplified voice modulator. But first he growls at Tom. He has to put the Swashbuckler down quickly and can't give up his flank to that sword or he'd get his armor cut off of him. He takes a big swing at Tom with his battlehammer but Tom is quick and steps aside.

Three rolls up after the big lug again with its little cattle prod extended. But again, the large armored suit tap-dances around the boxy little robot's attack.

OOC: Tom was not able to do any armor specific damage to the Powered Armor.

Its everyone's turn again.

Name
Hammerman attacks Tom
1d100 21
Three tries to Zap Hammerman again
1d100 40

Kennedy Jones

Becoming annoyed with the stubborn Templar who just won't "go to sleep' for her, Kennedy doubles down on her efforts. With a hip thrust and jump to the side, Kennedy slams her captives head into the wall and then she drags the Little Guy, face first, down the hallway towards Tom and the Big Guy.

"I am Expletive Deleted tired of this Expletive Deleted game you Expletive Deleted Templars are Expletive Deleted playing!" Kennedy complains. "For Expletive Deleted sake, if you would Expletive Deleted tell us what the Expletive Deleted you Expletive Deleted wanted, we would probably Expletive Deleted give it to you, just to keep you Expletive Deleted Expletive Deleted armored Expletive Deleted out of our Expletive Deleted way!"

Now then. When it comes time to debrief, Kennedy will swear that there was smoke in her eye, and that is why she didn't see the cables. Maybe that is true. Or maybe she was just getting so carried away with the moment she did not see them.

What ever the reason, at about this point in her tirade, Kennedy's feet become entangled in loose cables from the battle damage... Or maybe Cameron was working on this part of the complex still. Really, the guy has an obsession with building more. It's like he thinks he can reach the world at the earth's core if he keeps digging.

Kennedy trips over her feet/cables and sprawls onto the floor. Hopefully she manages to keep hold of her captive.

Karma = 246 Health = 200/150 

As before, Kennedy really wants to get the 'little guy' finished off so everyone can concentrate on the big guy.

On 3/5/2024 at 7:10 PM, Papa Bear said:

With 2 Attacks, you must make a Remarkable Intensity Fighting FEAT

Well.

The RNG Love has gone.

I was going to spend Karma but I feel like the 01 needs to stand.

Hoping that Kennedy still gets her 'free' damage and does not drop Little Guy. And that falling on the floor is enough of a flub.

Automatic Amazing (50) damage to grappled Templar?

Name
Multiple Attack Check
1d100 1

The Swashbuckler

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom smiles at the Templar Knight now that all of them are surrounding him. "You should of answered the Lady! Now I'm going to Cut You! She is going to Bash You! And Robobuddy is Going to Zap You!"

OoC: I'm going to Roughtrade's advice and just attack.

Multiattack IN "18" = "81", Yellow Result = 2 attacks

Sword Attack 1 IN "19" = "91", Red Result

Sword Attack 2 IN "60" = Green Result

FASERIP CHART

Name
Multiattack Fighting IN
1d100 18
Sword Attack 1
1d100 19
Sword Attack 2
1d100 60

OOC: The 'little guy' had 90 health so two rounds of K-Abuse at Amazing Strength knocks him out.

"You are to die." the big templar says in a thick German accent. Then there is a thunderous noise as his rocket boots ignite. "But not this day." He says, his voice now almost drown out in the roar from his boots. As he lifts into the air, a cloud of dust flows out from under the small transport vehicle (similar to the one you already saw before, but smaller) as it rises up into the sky and streaks off rapidly, leaving behind the Powered Armored man launching into the night sky.

OOC: OK, yeah, K fell... Tom, you can get a cut at the rocket man as he starts to fly away (Attack of Opportunity, which didn't exist when MSH was created but makes sense to me) and K can get up and hurl something at either the Powered Armored guy OR the Ship... either case, let's call it a -2 CS to the roll, should she choose to do so.

Yes, they left behind the 'little guy' in Kennedy's grasp.