The Beginning

ice9004

Posted (edited)

Mandy and Atma

Trees whiz past as you rush through the forest chasing the heart wrenching sound of a child in danger. The sound isn't coming from very far off and you reach it shortly. When Mandy first reaches the sound, she sees a child-like figure kneeling on the ground in a small red puddle. I figure notices you and quickly turns to face you as Atma arrives. The tear stained face of a young boy looks at you.

He get up off the ground and runs toward you with something in his hands. When he reaches you, he lifts his arms toward to show a young cat with a deep, bloody gash in its side. He is talking at you though his tears in a language you don't understand.

OOC: both of you roll Perception

Mihaly and Priela

OOC: both roll stealth with a +2 for distraction of Mandy and Atma

Lastolva 

OOC: Roll stealth like the others if thats your plan also how's the goat bot doing? how does he feel about this situation?

Edited by ice9004 (see edit history)

OOC: Can Mihaly hear the child's voice? If so, is the kid speaking Hungarian, Romanian, Japanese, Druidic, Abyssal, or Celestial? (If Mandy doesn't know it, that rules out English and Arabic. And a whole bunch of others, but those are the two they have in common.)

(Where exactly is the game taking place? I'd assumed it was in Romania, but I don't think that was ever stated. I know it's taking place near Dracula's castle, but... can't that move in this verse? Anyway, the reason I'm asking now is I'm trying to figure out what language the kid should be speaking. Though I'm assuming we need to sit up and take note no matter where we are if Mihaly realizes the kid's speaking Abyssal.)

Edit: And why do I get the feeling the language question is about to become the least of my worries? Stealth Roll

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)
Name
Stealth Roll
1d20+7 1

7fa9d78cf898ab5d5f160c35f1f17077.jpg
     Mandy

"Hold on! Hold on..." I step back and assess the whole situation, pistols in hands. I check the size of the puddle - mainly to see if a cat could bleed that much. I let my multicolored lights dance around the boy, the puddle, and me.

Name
Perception
1d20+5 13

7fa9d78cf898ab5d5f160c35f1f17077.jpg
     Mandy

"Do you speak English? Français? ¿Español?... Hal tusaddiqul’iiraabia?Do you speak Arabic? Nǐ huì shuō Zhōngwén ma?Do you speak Mandarin?"

Lastolva is feeling a little suspicious about things around here. He's all up for saving a child, he just isn't entirely sure it is an actual child in danger and he is willing to be cautious until he determines the truth of things.

1d20+4

Edited by ToDream (see edit history)
Name
1d20+4
SyntaxError: Unknown identifier stealth
stealth
Stealth
1d20+4 13

Upon seeing the scene, Atma maintains ten feet behind Mandy watching for anything odd, his trigger finger poised as his right hand supports the barrel of Morningstar. He wore a friendly smile, not wanting to scare a child, but in truth, he was poised to aim and blow away the child and the cat's corpse should anything seem off. There were no quips from Atma's assistant, you could cut the tension with a knife.

Perception

Name
Perception
1d20+3 5

Posted (edited)

Mandy and Atma

When Mandy speaks to the boy he doesn't seem to understand anything she is saying but he does notice that the both of you have guns which makes him take a step back. However when he sees the cats wound disappear as Mandy speaks her magic his tearful eyes go wide. For a moment he just stares at the cat, who is now breathing steadily. He hugs the animal to his chest crying again this time with smile on his face, saying over and over "Mulțumesc!"

Atma is to seemingly distracted by the sight of the overjoyed boy to be paying much attention. Mandy sees that the amount of blood on the ground does make sense for how badly the cat was hurt. She also sees a short hunched over shape moving away from you through the woods.

Lastolva, Mihaly, and Priela

Mihaly while your waking through the woods you hear the child's panicked talking. It's hard to make out so you really try to focus on the words the boy is saying. It takes a moment but you realize that he is speaking Romanian and asking for help for a cat. As you realize this you also realize that you've stopped walking and are now a decent ways behind both you allies, Priela being the closer.

With Mihaly distracted, a 2.5 foot, hunchbacked, humanoid covered in long black hair yells as it tries to take a bite with the its fanged mouth. However the shout makes him turn suddenly and accidently smack the creature with the flat of his dagger. There is a hissing as the weapon makes contact with its skin and the monster cries out in pain.

Priela and Lastolva hear this and sees the creature cry in pain. It doesn't appear to have noticed either of you. But Priela is closer and can reach the monster before it recovers from the pain.

OOC: Nat 1 on a surprise attack...

Anyway combat begin!

Priela got a Nat 20 and will be receiving a surprise round against the creature.

You all secretly already rolled for combat so this is the combat order after Priela's surprise round:

Priela, Mandy, Monster, Lastolva, Atma, and finally Mihaly.

Also the Monster takes 2 dmg to start.

Edited by ice9004 (see edit history)
Name
BITE
1d20+11 1

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

Priela about-faces and rushes the monster, calling out as she closes in, "Ambush, over here!" She channels the momentum of her movement into a downward strike at the hunchback.

OOC:

silvered greatsword

dmg

Name
silvered greatsword
1d20+8 13
dmg
1d12+3 8

The tip of the blade rips across the creatures back, severing a chunk of black hair. It turns and makes sounds at you. You see its humanoid face with long up pointed ears and three pure blue eyes look at you hatefully.

OOC: was that it for your surprise round? if so just move straight to your combat turn.

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

The monster's looks surprise Priela in turn. Unsure of its nature and origin, but committed to its destruction, she rebukes the hateful glare and the creature's existence with a follow-up strike, yelling "Testis sum Agni!"

OOC: Oh right, surprise round and then turn 1. So, I used my Movement and Attack. From its special eyes I intuit that this thing is not undead, so Surprise over, and I will attack again and end my 1st turn there.

silvered greatsword

dmg

Name
silvered greatsword
1d20+8 19
dmg
1d12+3 2

spacer.png
     Mandy

"Coming!" I take just one quick, but focused glance at the hunched-over creature, before addressing the boy: "Follow me. Come."

I beckon him with my hand, as I would a dog. "Come. Don't stay here." I wave vaguely to the immediate forest, as if disgusted by it. "We-e-e" - I point to Atma and then to myself - "will help you!"

Without further delay, hustle2 strides (2 actions), 60' back toward Priela. I stop - "What music to playyy..." - and hit playInspire Courage! (3rd action)
Anybody within 60' of me gets a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects!
on my pocket stereo, max volume.

Current Music: Propane Nightmares

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)