Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Beginning

ice9004

Night is nearly here.

The last dredges of light sink below the tops of the trees as you walk through the forest. The trees cast long shadows each bleeding into the other as they stretch over the path you patrol. It is approaching time to change patrols off with another group but they have yet to arrive.

Each of you have radios in case of emergencies but for the past three days nothing has happened. As dusk approaches, you can feel the darkness in the air. The beasts of evil prowl through the encroaching shadows, but it has felt this way every day before. 

As shadows enclose upon you, I ask… What do you do.

Lastolva does what he has done every night. He takes advantage of the dark to hide his construction in the silhouette of a goat. What a goat is doing out at dusk eating, no one is entirely sure.

spacer.png
 Velvet Mandy

"Wonder where our friends are. They should've been here by now." I walk along, peering into the darkness in an attempt to spot anything.

"Too quiet." I summon a guitar and begin to tick gently a cover of Annie's Song.

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)
Name
Perform
1d20+7 14

Mihaly looks around as well. He draws his dagger.

"If this was a horror movie, would this be the part where one of us says 'it's probably nothing?' Or some similar line that horror characters say right before the monster jumps someone?"

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)

spacer.png
 Priela

As Priela's eyesight sharpens in the shade, she places a hand over the hilt of her long blade and casts a wary sidelong at Lastolva, then smirks at Mihaly.

"'Probably nothing'... Maybe now the possessed statue will turn on us and take us all by surprise. I shall regret blunting my blade on its stone hide when it finally ends the cute charade."

As the last rays of sunlight graced the team, an obnoxiously bright artificial light began beaming at them. It grew closer and closer before only being a dozen feet from the group of slayers. Hello Everyone! Not to worry with my Morningstar, I'll be able to light- The light began to flicker, making the beam ever more obnoxious. As the light flickered, Atma's sunny but embrassed smile came into view for anyone not looking directly at the light, as well as the weapon he was referring to.

An impressive ornate rifle with a divine motif. Silver with hints of gold, the weapon was nearly as tall as he was. ...just...a moment... Atma began tinkering with the rifle to stabilize the beam, before it shorted out altogether. The rifle then did something that was even more obnoxious, it spoke. As I've explained repeatedly to you, relying on your immature abilities for anything beyond the primary function of Morningstar was a bad idea. Data! Not in front of my comrades, you're gonna make me look like I don't know what I'm doing! You don't. If you did, you'd have thought about the ramifications of not having a supplementary power source, and now I have to go to sleep for perhaps thousands of years because you're going to all be killed by a thousand-year-old- Snip. Placing a component into his pocket, Atma wiped a few beads of sweat from his brow. Oh, look at that, Data is malfunctioning, saying crazy things... SO! How was the trek, guys? Did you manage to spot any creepy crawlies?

Edited by Ultima (see edit history)

Lastolva

Please make a stealth or deception check. Stealth if your more hiding. Deception if your trying more to act like a real goat.

Everyone but Atma roll perceptions to see what you see.

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

"We have not..." Priela winces from the bright flashes. "It's not like you to no-show, Mr. Duvalle. Where is our relief?"

As she asks after the night patrol that should have arrived, She looks around as the feeling of unease continues to mount in the near-pitch dark.

OOC: rolling.

roll

Name
roll
1d20+6 4

spacer.png
 Velvet Mandy

I let my guitar disappear and listen to the conversation.

"Good to see you, and Data " I smile at Atma. "No crawlies just yet, but Priela here seems ready for action!" I grin at her hand on her hilt.

Name
Perception
1d20+5 2

1 hour ago, rorytheromulan said:

ooc: need Perception from Lastolva

OOC: Nah. He said he was trying to hide as a goat and everyone else described themselves as looking around. Looking back I see I was not clear on that, sorry. We do need Mihaly's though.

7 hours ago, ice9004 said:

OOC: Nah. He said he was trying to hide as a goat and everyone else described themselves as looking around. Looking back I see I was not clear on that, sorry. We do need Mihaly's though.

OOC: My bad.

Edit: Speaking of "bad..."

Perception

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+4 6

Its hard to pay attention with Atma's distracting display. You all try to re focus on the task and after a few minutes you hear a cry in the woods. It sounds like a child yelling.