The Beginning

ice9004

Mihaly starts in horror as he realizes how close he just came to getting jumped by a monster, and then stares in surprise as he sees the tiny area of its skin that the dagger touched melting.

I don't think I hit with the edge of the blade... and that's not a sharp force wound.

Mihaly watches as Priela slices the monster. That blade only seems to be a blade as far as the monster is concerned. Still, an ordinary blade can still kill, especially if someone like Priela's wielding it... though that seems to be a bit too much to hope for here!

"It seems to be weak to cold iron!" Mihaly calls out to everyone in English.

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

The monster snarls at Mihaly as he speaks the words 'cold iron.' Turning to Priela with hate in its eyes it leaps at her with terrible fury becoming a whirlwind of teeth and claws.

The attacks are mostly deflected by Priela or her armor but one of the beasts claws manages to just get under her breast plate to her stomach. The monsters howls excitedly as it sees the blood on its own claw to match the blood on the other.

OOC: Priela takes 3 slashing dmg. Next up is Lastolva.

Edited by ice9004 (see edit history)
Name
Bite
1d20+11 1
Claw
1d20+7 1
Claw
1d20+3 14
dmg
1d6+1 2

"Rust take it!" Lastolva shouts, "Of course it's cold iron. My fluids are too hot for that!"

The goat charges up the monster. With the sound of gears the goat reshapes himself into a humanoid from. As he does armor forms over his vulnerable parts (though a closer look will determine the armor is of low-quality rusted metal.) and a shield of similar metal forms on one arm. With a smash, Lastolva forms a sword which he strikes with. Hit or miss, the blade shatters with the force of the swing.

Show this

There's a lot going on here, and some of it is a little out of order to make it look better. First, as a Hunter Automaton Lastolva can move like a quadruped when his hands are empty (which they were at the start of combat.) As a free action, Lastolva switches to bipedal mode. As his first actual action, Lastolva Channel Elements to activate his kinetic aura. As part of that action Lastolva gets to make a free 1-action Kinetic blast. I put that off for a second, to form Lastolva's armor with Metal Carapce. Getting back to the Kinetic Blast, Lastolva uses his Weapon Infusion feat to change the damage type of his attack to slashing and then attacks.

◆Stride

◇Mode change

Chanel Elements

Weapon Infusion

◇Kinetic Blast

Metal Carapace.

Edited by ToDream (see edit history)
Name
Kinetic Blast
1d20+7 5
Kinetic Damage (Slashing)
1d8+3 7

The beast hears the sound of gears over itself and turns to see Lastolva charging it. It steps back from the swing, the air from the blow pushing its hair.

OOC: Swing and a miss! Atma your go.

As Lastolva takes on the offensive and transforms, Atma moans in excitement, seemingly completely forgetting they are in a life-or-death situation. OH MY GOODNESS!!! DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT?! THAT'S SO COOL! Atma then began staring off in a random direction, as he turned to his introspection but verbalized it. Is he a cyborg? Would be interesting to have a colleague. I wonder if he was able to find a solution to glial cell build-up. Or what if he's not a cyborg and an AI?! Is he as smart as Da- Atma froze still for a moment as an electric impulse surged through his rifle, electrocuting him. Monster, Child, allies in danger. FOCUS! Atma's eyes began to glow a brilliant gold as his talking rifle began to hum with energy. The hum turned into a powerful drone as the barrel began to cackle with divine energy. A brilliant light briefly shone, and the air screamed as the Morningstar unleashed a bullet propelled by Atma's technical ingenuity at the attacking monster.

Overdrive

Morningstar Attack

Damage

Edited by Ultima (see edit history)
Name
Overdrive
1d20+7 2
Morningstar Attack
1d20+6 14
Damage
1d8+2 2

The Creature attempting to dodge Lastolva's swing goes into Atma's crosshairs. Taking the bullet to the shoulder, its three eyes begin to go wide and it looks around in panic.

OOC: Mihaly your move.

Mihaly gives a relieved grin as he sees the monster start to panic. "I think we're winning," he says in English, before repeating the declaration in Romanian.

He raises his dagger and feels for the iron in the blade, and then focuses his power to detach three pieces of it and send them at the monster. Then, before he's had time to figure out if the needles have done damage (or even hit,) Mihaly swings the dagger at it.

Relevant Dice Rolls

Needle Darts to hit

Needle Darts to hurt

Dagger Swing to hit

Dagger Swing to hurt

Name
Needle Darts to hit
1d20+8 3
Needle Darts to hurt
3d4 1,3,4
Dagger Swing to hit
1d20 15
Dagger Swing to hurt
1d4 4

Posted (edited)

It turns to look at Mihaly as he talks, remembering the dagger and hissing at him. It sees the shards of metal fly toward it and it ducks under the attack. It then dodges out of the way of the dagger strike with fear on its face.

OOC: Tough luck. Now it's Priela's go.

Edited by ice9004 (see edit history)

spacer.png
     Mandy

My music gets louder as I rush1st Action: move

I assume 1 move action is enough to get within 30' - feel free to correct this assumption!

My music lasts 3 rounds on its own. This is round 2 of 3.
into the fray!

"Take that, and that!"

I fire two pistol shots2d Action: strike
3d Action: strike (at -4, agile weapon)
at the ugly mass.

Name
Strike 1 of 2
1d20+5 2
Strike 2 of 2
1d20+1 1

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

Several slashes from the sword go wide, but the last one severs the creature's head. Priela rests the tip of her weapon on the ground and pokes herself to test her claw wound. "Well, that didn't go as planned, did it?"

OOC: Enemy beheaded. Combat over. Or...?

The head rolls to the ground and purple blood pours from the stump as the beast falls.

The child, still behind Mandy, looks at the corpse of the creature. He makes an angry face and runs up to the body, giving it a kick to the ribs, while saying things in a language most of you don't understand. Mihaly though would easily recognize these as a series of Romanian curse words at the body.

Nothing else has happened yet.

OOC: combat over, you may proceed.

Mihaly considers stopping the kid for a second, but decides to hold off. He turns to Mandy, and says in English: "What happened here? That kid has a serious grudge against... whatever that thing is. Seriously, I think I was in my late teens before I learned some of those words."

He takes another look at the scene before him. "That thing's blood is purple, isn't it? Should we be concerned about that?"

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

Priela squints at the corpse. "I wouldn't know about the blood, but the creature's origin is obviously demonic. It could be a scout for a larger party, or it may have been summoned here by a witch or sorcerer from a nearby village."

OOC: