The Beginning

ice9004

OOC: I think Rory/Priela's guess that it was a demon is a good one. That would probably be Religion?

(If that doesn't tell me anything, can I try rolling Arcana and Occultism? Religion is my best guess, so I wanted to go with that in case you only wanted one roll, but I can see an argument for guessing either of those.)

Name
That would probably be Religion
1d20+4 16

Lastolva doesn't dismiss his armor immediately, but does put his shield away.

"So, do you think that was an attack against the 'guards' in general, or one of us specifically?" The mecho/clokwork goat rotates along his shoulders in 'stretch'. "I mean, I'd be flattered if I was being targeted, but appearances aside not that many people know I exist."

Edited by ToDream (see edit history)
Name
REligion
1d20+3 14

Priela: You are thinking about the demons you know and can't place this one anywhere

Lastolva: There are demons similar to this but it's features make it distinctly not so. This probably isn't a demon.

Mihaly: Being so close to the creature allows you a better examination. This defiantly isn't a demon but is a kind of fey. You can't tell which kind.

Mandy: Having some friends on the fey side of things, they have actually told you about this kind of creature. This in a gremlin, evil fey who like to cause pain and suffering with traps and curses. The are universally small and weak on their own so usually make packs. That this one is alone surprised you for a second before you realize that its a Nuglub.

They can sometimes be found alone when they can't find other gremlins so bully into submission. They aren't as smart as other gremlins(who aren't very bright to begin with) but they are more physically capable. They also hate creatures that wear armor fore some reason, which may have been why it attacked Priela instead of Mihaly.

OOC: Mandy got more because she used the appropriate skill for the creature and rolled 10 higher than the DC. In PF2 that makes it a Crit succ.

"But what do we do with... Well, I know the first thing we do."

Mihaly tells the kid, in Romanian, that he can stop kicking the dead fae now; he goes on to point out that it probably doesn't notice, since its brain isn't connected to the rest of it.

Then he turns back to his comrades and switches back to English. "But seriously: kid in a war zone. We have to do something about that. Maybe radio in for someone to walk him home?"

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

"First we need to find out what we can. For the boy to be out here like this, his home must be nearby. Ask him, and ask why he came out here to begin with. Then we can radio the encampment to advise our next course of action, but I have a hunch that we will be ditching our patrol."

OOC:

The moment the creature gave a death wail, Atma's eyes fell on Lastolva with a slightly disturbing grin that would have made most people uncomfortable if they were in the woods at night and began walking towards him when the terminally responsible Data interrupted his ironically chaotic master once again with a jovial tone with his usually subdued snark. I have an idea! Let's try analyzing the three-eyed creature. The shape-shifting bovine android who doesn't feel confined at all because he isn't confined to a gun isn't going anywhere.

Atma stopped for a brief moment, now focusing his attention on the creature. Of course, you read my mind! Let's take a look... Atma stepped before the creature and began examining it for any signs of intelligent design. Considering Lady Priela's no doubt illustrious career, her not knowing immediately what this creature is, along with its rudimentary or perhaps nascent potential?... Ah, I bet someone made you. Are you a prototype? Or a refined tool for a specific purpose? Are you part of an experiment? Are we variables in this experiment? I'd wager the former, we're probably being watched if this is indeed an experiment. I may need to examine multiple specimens to know what the creator's signature might be, or maybe I'll get lucky and it's a signature I've seen before. In the meantime, anything that doesn't look like a product of "Mr. Literally Holier than Thou" is probably what I'm looking for...

Arcana

Occultism

Society

Edited by Ultima (see edit history)
Name
Arcana
1d20+7 6
Occultism
1d20+7 17
Society
1d20+7 3

spacer.png
     Mandy

"It's a nuglub! I know these creatures!" My music stops, making the forest quiet again. "They're, like, little evil fey. Ever see the movie Gremlins? They're kinda like that, just - well, furrier and - " I lift up one of its arms and let it flop back to the ground - "bigger."

"Realllly sneaky... I'm surprised to see one alone." I snap my fingers to a 4-beat rhythm, generating 4 floating lights that dance around us in a circle. I point my pistol toward the lights, following them in a sweep encircling us - squinting as I peer for others.

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

"I see..." Priela glances down at their dead foe, the movie reference lost on her. Thankfully, they have a dead nuglub at their feet to take their measure of its kind. "But is it truly alone? Again, we must question the boy. Whose mother tongue is apparently Romanian." She looks at Mihaly expectantly.

OOC:

"I see your point," Mihaly responds to Priela. "If he fell afoul of a group of them and this is just the one he didn't manage to outrun..."

Mihaly turns to see if the kid has responded to his semi-joking admonishment in Romanian, or if he's still concentrating on the dead nuglub.

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)