The Beginning

ice9004

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

Priela sighs and takes the radio, barely holding back from snapping at the man on the other end. "We were waiting for the next patrol to arrive, Ian. In that time, we had to kill a demon harassing a lost kid. Our relief still hasn't shown up. We're bringing the kid back with us, over."

OOC:

There is a long pause on the radio "Bring the kid here." Replies the voice on the other side "We've been talking to someone they may want to see" and then he tells you to meet him at the place you usually change patrols.

spacer.png
     Mandy

"You see them, too?!" I shout at Lastolva. "Tracks!"

I point my finger at my eye and mumble softly to tidy itPrestidigitation to clean my eye and surrounding area.

I hear the radio call. "I guess we'll have to follow them another day." I summon a new batch of dancing lights and walk toward the patrol-change point.

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)

spacer.png
 Priela

"Mind the boy Mihaly, keep him close. Lastolva... guard us from the rear. Everyone else, keep alert. If you sense we are being stalked or pursued, say something."

As the group prepare for the trip to the rendezvous, Priela takes point. She is still wary of the animated stone construct, though not nearly as much as she is of the monsters that have joined the main army, claiming to be allies. It's a wonder that as many were even granted the benefit of the doubt.

OOC:

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)

Mihaly nods. "Right," he says in English.

Mihaly tells Bogdan that they're taking him to meet some of the other people working for the Church, and that the person who told them to do so said there's someone there Bogdan would want to see. He notes that they weren't more specific than that, but that it sounds to him like they're referring to one of Bogdan's parents.

"Hey, so, I should probably tell you all now: Bogdan doesn't seem to know much of what's going on. I told him we were looking for a living human being, and trying to talk him into stopping, rather than putting him back in the ground and hoping he stays there this time. It seemed like the least horrible thing I could tell him that would get him to take this situation as seriously as he needs to take it. And apparently it's more than his parents told him."

"Uh... maybe we should try to arrange for nobody to use the main target's name in front of the kid, if we want that minor deception to stick long-term?"

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)

HC51HBf.png
 Priela

The Italian-born witch hunter listens caringly and stoically before replying in her feathery, effete manner of speech. "While your concern for his sensibilities is touching, I fail to see the good in keeping him ignorant, and he is not faint of heart besides. Instead of shying away from the dead monster, he might have started kicking its head around, had you not stepped in."

OOC:

Listening to the philosophical conversation, Atma felt inclined to chime in, and opened his mouth for a moment to offer his perspective, but refrained as he didn't want to broach the topic of Priela's or his heritage by showing how he once yearned for a human's childhood. The others may have not picked up on it, but he knew that look in her eye as she briefly paused at the fae's ichor. The thought of it caused him to rub the tip of his tongue on one of his incisors, albeit keeping his mouth closed to not look like a complete weirdo. As the brief hint of lust dissipated, Data picked up on his master's wariness, choosing to chime in for him. The cogent voice of the AI was carried by the surprisingly effective speaker module. While I understand the importance of such moral quandaries, I do recommend we pick up the pace. You are all still getting to know each other, and thus will have some growing pains before you're an effective team, and it would be most unfortunate should one of these growing pains be if something tragic should happen to the child.

"Good points. Especially from the... uh... talking gun." Mihaly shakes his head in bemusement.

"I guess if today's the day Bogdan learns to fact check everything the adults say, so be it. He was going to have to learn that in a couple of years anyway, if he wanted to be an effective citizen. After all, he's only got about a decade before he's old enough to vote... I think. That's eighteen here, right? I know it is in Hungary."

"Well, I'm wandering away from the real point again. Let's just get Bogdan somewhere safe."

You all walk as you discuss your thoughts on the situation. Short to arrive and short to return.

When you reach the area, you see a 6 foot, rotund man in a red kilt with a great sword leaning against a tree. "So ya finally decided to stop prayin' to the Pope ya Taig?" Said Ian glaring at Priela. Priela you would know that Taig is a slur against Catholics and this is the way he normally acts when ever you interact with him. He has a big issue with the Catholic church as a whole but he is Presbyterian. Mihaly if you publicly display your Catholicism, you would get the same look.

"The rest o' the group is with the lad's mum, up the path a little ways."

Mihaly has no idea what a "taig" is, but judging by the way Ian said it, he's pretty sure Ian wasn't supposed to say it.

He nods, a little hesitantly. "Thanks."

And Mihaly's brain finally catches up to the phrase "praying to the Pope."

"We should probably bring the kid back to his parents now. May God bless and keep you," Mihaly says to Ian, idly wondering if either Priela or Ian has seen Fiddler on the Roof.

He turns to Bogdan and catches him up to speed.

Edited by wwaugh
clarifying who the passive-aggressive line is meant for (see edit history)

spacer.png
     Mandy

I stare a little too much at Ian. "Looking like that, and no manners?" I whisper to Lastolva.

"Your mama!" I exclaim to the boy. "Come on! Let's go!" I pick up the pace, waving the boy after me. I conjure a new set of lights to dance around us as we go.