Recruitment - 2/22/24 (Table 1-Kingdom Squad)

2-22-24: Table 1 is open for recruitment.

Please look over the Character Creation Guidelines and Houserules to make yourself a character. The OG Disney Characters are available with some restrictions either in past storyline or current lore.

Additionally, the following information/table lore will help you fit in more with the overall theme of the table.

The Kingdom Squad is a group that has ties to the academy or to the kingdoms of light in general. They have been recruited by Mage Tower overseer/college headmaster Merlin and have been sent on a couple of interesting missions including saving Santa Claus from the clutches of Oogie Boogie in the Villian's Lair and dealing with a strange Phantom Blot character who was trying to muscle in on the Seven Dwarves Mining Operation to mine some strange magically charged rocks called Magestones

All the while they have uncovered a major plot involving the 'theft' of a magical artifact known as the Sundial of Chronos which was rumored to have been taken by the Sea Witch Ursula for purposes not known but the sundial is rumored to be able to control time itself.

~~~

Currently Playing we have

Merida, A 'human' (refluffed Wildhunter) Horizon Walker Ranger

and Kronk a 'human' (Goliath) Redemption Paladin/Celestial Warlock

~~~

Additional notes

I have several well-known characters reserved as GM-PCs or NPCs including those mentioned above. If you have any questions please post them here.

I hope it ok to reply here.

I am intrested if that alright.

I was considering-

*Maid Marian/or Robin Hood (the foxes)one losing the other.

*Prince John who was banished, looking for a way to get back to royalty, and maybe learning it's true meaning... or fall even darker.

*Aurora as a fey warlock or a druid

*Scrooge Mcduck who has lost most of his fortune, probably as a rogue

*Kasim (Aladdin's father) probably as a rogue of sort

*Meg from Hercules probably as a warlock-bard

It's perfectly fine to brainstorm stuff here but once you get a character concept nailed down, I'll need you to open your own topic to write down the details of stuff.

As for the characters you listed, here's my view on them

*Maid Marian/Robin Hood - Doable, I'd like to see what you come up with for a backstory on this whole losing one another. At the end of the disney version of the Robin Hood story they are off after just being married.

Prince John - a redemption arc or a dive into deep darkness... hmm... not as doable as Robin Hood or Maid Marian.

*Aurora - Very Doable, I actually like the idea of a Full Caster Druid in this group, She also has ties to the Princess Academy

Scrooge Mcduck - meh... Rogue works but he's more of a Modern Era character,

Kasim - I kinda had plans for Kasim in a storyline over in Agrabah but he's availible

*Meg - Quite Doable, She's actually been used as a known NPC in this story. Her joining up with the Kingdom Squad might have some merit considering she had a minor role in allowing the theft of the Sundial of Chronos and could be put to work in recovering the stolen artifact.

The three I've starred (*) are the ideas I like the most that narrows you down to four characters

*hums* Interesting. I have a few ideas - primarily sticking to canon but with a couple of extensions. Brainstorming/checking status time

*older Olivia Flaversham as an Artificer. Great Mouse Detective is right on the line of Modern, so I'd understand a No, but with England canon to the Kingdoms and London specifically going through the Great Clock's time-space rift... figured I'd check. (not sure what I'd do for race. Sized up Mouse? Granted human form by Merlin?)

*Alice as either a Rogue or a Path of Giants Barbarian. As a rogue, she's a bit closer to the original, just continuing her journey through one Wonderland after another. As a Barbarian, she's had to toughen up some. She doesn't need a cake to get bigger any more

*Cassandra as a Fighter? Multiple build options: Eldritch Knight with some knowledge taken from her mother, more of a Banneret for leadership skill? Given how the series ended, a fair amount's on the table: potentially even some limited Moondrop power if you wanna stretch it.

*Nemonia 'Nim' Fairbanks, ace student of Night Raven College who is probably a bit too self confident for her own good. Rulebreaker, troublemaker, party girl with an ambitious streak. Not sure how someone from the Twisted Wonderland verse would/could end up in the Kingdom, but... well, figured I'd check. I can work something out if you're game

*Pirate Daughter of Ursula? Either an original character, or a take off Uma from the Descendants continuity. Because pirates are kinda inherently fun, as is the 'kid of the villain' trope. ^^

Results of Character check a star (*) highlights the ideas I like the most

*Olivia Flaversham - I won't say outright no to her as I find the concept interesting and would like to see what you would come up with for a backstory. Artificer would be a nice add to this particular group of half casters, As for a race you could refluff any official race or use custom origin.

Alice - Doable, the Queen of Hearts is a character in this Disneyverse so Alice being around would also be true. I am kind of working on something in Wonderland right now *points a thumb over to table 2* But what's happening there doesn't have to affect Alice.

*Cassandra - Very Doable, She in the right timeframe for a Kingdom Squad Character, She'd fit right in with Kronk and Merida

Nemonia 'Nim' Fairbanks - *Whistles* Oy Yuu @Guardian Angel Haruki found you a classmate. Heh heh, if you look over at Table 2 you can see someone has taken the MC&Grim character from that world given it a feminine twist and is currently an active player. Although *opens a rift to pop in his head in on Twisted Wonderland,* seriously Crowley what's with the Dark Mirror picking girls to attend I thought Night Raven College is supposed to be an All-Boys magic School...

*Pirate Daughter of Ursula/Uma - While I haven't outright forbidden a character from the descendant's continuity to be here, the stuff that is canon in Descendant's is not in play here. If you want a pirate daughter of Ursula as an original character, I'm willing to listen to her backstory and see what you come up with

Hehe. ^^ Ta for the quick response. I'll think this all over.

One point of clarity/question; I actually know nothing about the Twisted Wonderland continuity beyond the extremely superficial stuff. The draw here was just the basic setup and the 'twisted versions of villains' idea: specifically it gave me the setup for a younger, slightly different version of Madame Mim, (as well as a touch of Nemona, the Almost-Disney Film. ^^) With Merlin the boss of the Kingdom Squad, someone to remind him of his old foe seemed potentially fun. I dunno if there's another way to do this, or make it fit better. Are there other collages beyond Night Raven in that continuity? She's got 'haughty rival' written allll over her.

As a current player of Twisted Wonderland I'll throw out this summary

Twisted Wonderland on the surface might seem like it's twisting the various villains and their world and putting them into a magic academy setting with other support characters but once you start digging into the world, you come to realize one critical thing. The world and it's characters have set stories that although some have a familiar ring to them the world is completely isolated from the original tales and all stories that people play through are original in that world even if they have a familiar ring to them.

It's like taking all the stories of the kingdoms, remixing them to have different tales play out differently so that the villains aren't actually villains in a storyline sense, then advancing the world into a more modern setting with modern stuff like vehicles, phones, internet, social media, online gaming, etc coexisting with magic which is treated as an element of the world that is both useful and very dangerous.

In the game the MC is just continuously dealing with people who have issues from their history that come to head when their magic and their negative emotions become too much to control and they go berserk.

As for the magic colleges, 3 have been named but there's tales that there are others all around that recruit all sorts of students both male and female but Night Raven College and their counterpart the Royal Swords Academy are claimed to be all-boy schools.

@Inquisitor D @SMARTAgentKC

*looks up* Well isn't that interesting! XD

Hi!

I'll also help add in some information without giving spoilers for Twisted Wonderland.

But basically the premise for the game is that the player (or MC/Yuu) was Isekai'd into Twisted Wonderland, and they have to deal with this story while going to school. Their companion is a strange talking cat named Grim who has aspirations to become the greatest wizard. Headmaster Crowley is supposed to be helping them find a way home as they're helping out the school, but Crowley isn't exactly the most reliable headmaster...

While Night Raven College is a magic school where the villains are admired, Royal Sword Academy is basically the heroic version of NRC. (Twisted Wonderland's version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves have made an appearance during the game and is a student of that college. Twisted Wonderland also has their version of the Cheshire Cat going there too.)
The third college that made an appearance in a Halloween event is Noble Bell College. The college and its city is based off of the Hunchback of Notre Dame (Judge Claude Frollo).

The main storyline is currently ongoing. It's in Book 7: Diasomnia. You can watch the cutscenes for Twisted Wonderland on YouTube if you can't play.

There are also various side events. The most recent Halloween event introduced a twisted version of Honest John and Gideon.

Currently for this game, I have it so that Yuu and the other canon students have graduated from NRC by now, and thus Yuu was able to go home only to find that her home has drastically changed from its non-magical nature to one where magic can be used. (Also, for this game, I made it so that her home is San Fransokyo, because it's the closest place to Tokyo, Japan.)

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

*hums* Interesting...

I do like the basic idea still; the principle of the verse fits what I wanted perfectly. A similar name, a parallel, but her own person and her own story. My worry is more splitting the focus - most of the time so far, this game seems to have pulled people from entirely different verses. A second Twisted Wonderland PC... even with Yuu being on another team, I'm unsure about it.

If I did go through with her though, I think I'd make her a Noble Bell student? On a character level, that's kinda interesting: the original Mim was known for chaos, rule breaking and blatancy. Place Nemonia at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rollo and his strict order; Nim's the delinquent student who only barely scrapes by. She's used to being challenged, being controlled, endless rules and punishments if you step out of line (Assuming you're caught). It's got to be torture for someone who just wants to cut loose, use magic their way, show what they're really capable of. And with your School Council President actively hostile to magic?

"I want to prove myself. And you won't let me do that."

It... does rather amuse me to think of someone from the TW world being isekai'd somewhere else? ;) Maybe she was investigating something about that past attack from the forces of darkness, fended off by the Judge? (Since we're going for Notre Dame parallels... some kinda twist on the Court of Miracles? Hell, perhaps this was a sentence for her) The Kingdoms offer Nemonia everything she wanted on paper - a world where magic is far less controlled, where she has freedom to define herself. But in turn that freedom's daunting, and there are people here who abuse it. She's fundamentally a good person, but she's still gonna have some stuff to reckon with, ideally.

Still thinking aloud here; have by no means given up on the other concepts, but this is the one that needs the most discussion since I'm unfamiliar with TW.

hmm... an investigation huh... I might have something disneyverse lore wise for you. At this moment I have an interdimensional criminal known as Phantom Blot who been responsible so far for two attacks in the Twisted Wonderland Universe. However he's also been recently seen in the Kingdoms namely at the dwarf mines unearthing Magestones, a source of magic power that supposedly comes from the Twisted Wonderland World but where they were discovered was in the exact same place that both dimensions have although one dimension had yet to discover them while the other had drained the natural resource due to mining.

I could have it that Nemonia could witness a Phantom Blot attack at Noble Bell college and get a chance to jump worlds to the disneyverse lightly in pursuit of the criminal Phantom Blot but also because she wants to do things her way and sees the other world as a chance to prove herself then have her team up with the Kingdom Squad so the premise is workable and who knows she might eventually run into a certain main character who she's heard rumors about.

@Inquisitor D @SMARTAgentKC

Investigating the story about Frollo's past and the forces of Darkness (according to Twisted Wonderland) and ending up investigating the present turn of events sounds really interesting!

The time line should also be discussed. Since the NRC students graduated at this, it might stand to reason that Rollo Flamme might also have graduated from Noble Bell College at this time. Would Nimonia be a student around the same time as the rest of the canon characters? Or would she be attending the college at this time?

Also, I should mention that Yuu did go with the other students to Noble Bell College for the Glorious Masquerade event. Maybe Yuu and Nimonia actually met each other there? Or at the very least saw each other?

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

On 2/23/2024 at 4:43 PM, SMARTAgentKC said:

It's perfectly fine to brainstorm stuff here but once you get a character concept nailed down, I'll need you to open your own topic to write down the details of stuff.

As for the characters you listed, here's my view on them

*Maid Marian/Robin Hood - Doable, I'd like to see what you come up with for a backstory on this whole losing one another. At the end of the disney version of the Robin Hood story they are off after just being married.

Prince John - a redemption arc or a dive into deep darkness... hmm... not as doable as Robin Hood or Maid Marian.

*Aurora - Very Doable, I actually like the idea of a Full Caster Druid in this group, She also has ties to the Princess Academy

Scrooge Mcduck - meh... Rogue works but he's more of a Modern Era character,

Kasim - I kinda had plans for Kasim in a storyline over in Agrabah but he's availible

*Meg - Quite Doable, She's actually been used as a known NPC in this story. Her joining up with the Kingdom Squad might have some merit considering she had a minor role in allowing the theft of the Sundial of Chronos and could be put to work in recovering the stolen artifact.

The three I've starred (*) are the ideas I like the most that narrows you down to four characters

Alright.

Well, for Robin Hood/Marian the inspiration would be real history-

Richard has died and John became an actual king, and from things can easily go badly.

My slight issue might be, that now King Artur is rulling England. But maybe there is animal England and human England.

Or something.

Or Aurora who is quite natural as a druid with some fey elements in her character.

Edit-

Have devolped my ideas better-

Marian and Robin had a child when Richard has died and John has became a king.

John has kindapped their child and sent him away- just to mess with them.

So Robin stayed to fight and Marian has left to look for their child.

I am not entirly sure what class would fit her- maybe a cleric or even a bard?

Though lot of fanart depict her as knight.

Aurura if we go there Ill devolp more. Maybe some dip into fey warlock.

And sure- maybe she graduate from the princess academy

In case third party have potential..

I have found two which I can imagine to fit Aurora-

https://magehandpress.com/2018/10/circle-of-the-flower-garden.html

https://magehandpress.com/2015/09/green-knight.html

Edited by igordragonian12 (see edit history)

@igordragonian12

If I may: I think the Circle of Dreams Druid from Xanathar's Guide to Everything would fit Aurora perfectly.

Premise: Druids who are members of the Circle of Dreams hail from regions that have strong ties to the Feywild and its dreamlike realms. The druids' guardianship of the natural world makes for a natural alliance between them and good-aligned fey. These druids seek to fill the world with dreamy wonder. Their magic mends wounds and brings joy to downcast hearts, and the realms they protect are gleaming, fruitful places, where dream and reality blur together and where the weary can find rest.

2nd Level Ability: Balm of the Summer Court

At 2nd level, you become imbued with the blessings of the Summer Court. You are a font of energy that offers respite from injuries. You have a pool of fey energy represented by a number of d6s equal to your druid level.

As a bonus action, you can choose one creature you can see within 120 feet of you and spend a number of those dice equal to half your druid level or less. Roll the spent dice and add them together. The target regains a number of hit points equal to the total. The target also gains 1 temporary hit point per die spent.

You regain all expended dice when you finish a long rest.

6th Level Ability: Hearth of Moonlight and Shadow

At 6th level, home can be wherever you are. During a short or long rest, you can invoke the shadowy power of the Gloaming Court to help guard your respite. At the start of the rest, you touch a point in space, and an invisible, 30-foot-radius sphere of magic appears, centered on that point. Total cover blocks the sphere.

While within the sphere, you and your allies gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) and Wisdom (Perception) checks, and any light from open flames in the sphere (a campfire, torches, or the like) isn't visible outside it.

The sphere vanishes at the end of the rest or when you leave the sphere.

*hums* I certainly like a Phantom Blot angle for Nim; it's a smooth explanation both of how she ended up verse jumping and incentivizes her to work with the Kingdom Squad. The main issue is that I don't see Rolo letting her be the investigator for a minute: Nim's the last person he trusts.

The timelines miiight actually help here though. I'm a little torn between symmetry and coincidence on the idea of Nim being the same age as the NRC crew versus a little younger, but with Rolo graduated he's likely to let his power go even more to his head. He judges people, dislikes magic, and some kind of magical crime has just happened with the theft of the magestone/blot attack at the collage.

He's gonna assume Nim's in league with the Phantom Blot, isn't he?

Would the Blot leave a portal behind? I could see Nim diving through the portal to escape, and now has to try and take down the blot to prove her innocence. If not... Rolo's bell is supposed to be weird and magical. It 'sentencing' her could work as a way to throw her into a different realm. (It's supposed to come from the Jester Judge. Presumably he had a sense of humour. ^^)