Recruitment - 2/22/24 (Table 1-Kingdom Squad)

@Ayeba

For this you can reskin most races and pass them off as whatever you choose as long as it makes some sense. To use current player examples Rumrunner's Merida is a wildhunt shifter and she reskinned her shifting abilities as the wisps giving her a boost. Kronk is a reskinned goliath because of his overall statue and strength.

For Moana (looks over hobogoblin and githzerai) I would accept a reskinning of both races although I would most likely prefer hobogoblin as most of Moana's unique abilities should be class based not racial based.

4 hours ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

For Moana (looks over hobogoblin and githzerai) I would accept a reskinning of both races although I would most likely prefer hobogoblin as most of Moana's unique abilities should be class based not racial based.

The GM has spoken, the player listens. A little more on the serious side: Good advice.

Bloodwell Vial is a tiny little bit outside the budget allocated...

I find myself with the same issue as Rapunzel: Her animal companion. As you suggested, I can take a Styxhaven feat to get access to Find Familiar, but the background itself does not make sense to Moana's character. She has had no formal training, and Arcana does not seem like a skill she should possess. Not to mention, Sailor exists as a background... how can I not take it? So Heihei (her rooster) and Pua (her pig) will have to stay home for this adventure.

On another topic: What languages exist in this setting? Do Maori or Hawaiian exist? Or are all Disney figures just speaking Common (English)?

Edit: What is A personalized communication device (modified Sending Stone,) 250gp? The closest I could find were these sending stones, but they're worth 1.4k gp. I'm almost certain I want one. Do they allow Moana to communicate with her tribe from vast distances?

Edit 2: Moana is ready for review. I need a few more items (got 389 gp to spend), but otherwise I think she's done.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

Most characters in the disneyverse speak the common language simply because the magic in the world allows them to understand each other even if they are supposedly speaking different languages.

The personalized communication device is basically a magical orb or electronic device that allows two-way communication between holders of one, Due to the efforts of Merlin, he's been sending these things around trying to make simple communication links between lands so that critical information can be transmitted between lands quickly. It's much easier than him just casting sending all the time.

Moana is being reviewed, I'll get back to you within 24 hours

@igordragonian12 Yes. You can do that

Now for an announcement

I am quite happy to see what has been brainstormed. The stories and builds are quite inspiring

We got three apps completed, a couple more in process and a few more who have brainstormed but have yet to nail down an idea and created a character topic

If you have requested to join the game I am currently not answering those requests while recruitment is active.

My goal is at least three new players but there might be a chance at a secondary kingdom team if enough applicants apply. So don't be a fool and get those apps in.

21 days and counting.

3 weeks of waiting... I'm tempted to make another character just to pass the time.

Do you have any thoughts or preferences about 5e spheres? I learned of their existence less than a week ago myself.

You should prioritize actual player questions over my random thoughts, by the way.

@Ayeba (and anyone else)

If you're interested in character development or homebrew testing I also oversee a d&d5e laboratory where people can build characters and test homebrew in a mostly unrestricted environment.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/forum/2789-main-lab/

Doors are always open people are free to come and go as they please. I just request a signin saying you read over some rules and such.

Hey all, update on the 14th

So in the last couple of days I've had enough applications posted and reviewed to start closing down recruitment. I'm going to give those who made characters a little time to finalize their characters and such but if you haven't made an application topic this is the final call for new apps. I'm going to start working on putting the kingdom squad to chapter 3 of their tale and if you want a chance to be in the story, get your app in ASAP.

I got my nightshift security work this weekend as usual (Friday night to Tuesday morning) and afterwards will most likely be kept busy until the middle of next week. I'll still be monitoring stuff as normal so if you have any questions just let me know.

Well, I've got nothing to lose by showing up now...I think.

Does the character *have* to be from an Extant Disney canon? Or can we use a character from a Fairy Tale that hasn't been used yet?

Although Red Riding Hood was, I guess, technically in a Disney Short alongside the 3 little pigs, and they had to deal with the Granddaddy of all Disney Villains: the Big Bad Wolf. Does that count?

Original characters are allowed but they must come from one of the listed kingdoms or be associated with a disney property or connected franchise.

red riding hood is a weird one. The bulk of her disney career comes from the once upon a time series which I'm not really drawing upon that series due to it being an alternate reality.

That being said she does have a profile in the disney wiki with a base story even if it only really equals to a level 1 adventure in d&d terms.

What type of story would you create with Red riding hood?

I'd draw from the 3 Little Pigs short; I haven't seen Once Upon a Time.

The loose concept I had was that Red was formerly a young musician who came from...I'm not sure where? Somewhere near the Light Kingdoms and was a close friend to the Three Little Pigs (as in their animated short) and lived a fairly idyllic life until the Big Bad Wolf showed up. Here, Zeke the Wolf is more of a...wind elemental, some ferocious, dark magical entity opposed to just a hairy creep that's easily defeated with slapstick.

This version is way more hardcore.

And while Red survived encountering him, Fiddler and Fifer Pig (and what the hell, Granny too) did not. Both she and Practical Pig (here an NPC Artificer) subsequently had a sad falling out; while Practical has tried to rebuild/put up literal and metaphorical barriers to keep a second encounter from happening, Red has taken matters into her own hands and is determined to kill the Wolf herself. She's become either a barbarian or a hexblade (...depending on what or who she was able to make a pact with) and in Big Bad's wake is searching for wherever the monster went to. She's basically become something of a monster herself, hunting down other monsters and beating the sin right out of them.... or more likely, she's just been a right terror of a student at the Training Grounds and hasn't gotten her hands on any real monsters yet.

Edited by TonberryKing (see edit history)