Recruitment - 2/22/24 (Table 1-Kingdom Squad)

The way I'm running things is the two groups are actually on the same world just in different parts doing stuff but hear rumors of incidents that occur involving the other group

Modern Mob heard of the theft of the Sundial of Cronus and soon the Kingdom Squad going to be learning about attacks by crystalline monsters in the modern city plus the mage towers receiving a new student of magic from that area to attend their new technomagic classes

~~~

For @Inquisitor D

Upon being stopped after an incident Phantom Blot been known to leave via dark portals that close after a few moments and most aren't brave/stupid enough to pursue him

For @igordragonian12

Maid marion pinned me as an support unit so I'd say cleric.

Aurora as a circle of dreams Druid does fit for her.

Green knight could be a stronger offense type but I would imagine that could work for someone else like Frank Wolff from Jungle Cruise.

Flower garden druid seems kinda weak when compared to other druid type but I could see the garden walls being used as a defensive against line of sight attacks

Hmm. I've used a version of Mickey from the mirrorverse realm in this game as a sort of powerful npc to aid those overwhelmed by enemies in combat but I might be willing to accept a version you come up with

What type of sorcerer were you thinking of making him

I've got a few character ideas if I could bounce them off of someone?

• Kida (Light Domain Cleric) or Milo (Scribes Wizard): It could be cool to explore their place in Atlantica? They might be too modern though for the Kingdom group
  • Esmeralda (Glamour Bard): A free spirit, wants to explore and not be tied down
  • Kenai from Brother Bear (Moon Druid)
  • Jim Hawkins (Swashbuckler Rogue): This one's probably the biggest stretch. Crash-landed? Marooned? Happy to nix this one, just wanted to put it out there.

3 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

So can I start build...

Aurara as dream Druid? And what are the limits when adapting her backstory to this game?

If you decided to go for Aurora you can make a topic with her name race and class and post it in the Lore and Character folder

The main limitation on a known character's backstory is you cannot make it so that her backstory disrupts the known canon lore of that character or kingdom.

For an example I've seen Disney RP games where a player has twisted Aladdin into some sort of tyrannical monster with a super genie who conquered Agrabah and used that as a backstory for a Jafar character.

Granted there are some stories with multiple versions so use judgment so that the ending you start from is generally a good ending for that heroic character.

Using the Aladdin example I actually take most of the source material for this world's Agrabah from the 2019 live action version of Aladdin and Jafar is currently banished from Agrabah due to his attempted takeover and now is among those at the villains' lair plotting his revenge.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:08 PM, Roane said:

I've got a few character ideas if I could bounce them off of someone?

• Kida (Light Domain Cleric) or Milo (Scribes Wizard): It could be cool to explore their place in Atlantica? They might be too modern though for the Kingdom group
  • Esmeralda (Glamour Bard): A free spirit, wants to explore and not be tied down
  • Kenai from Brother Bear (Moon Druid)
  • Jim Hawkins (Swashbuckler Rogue): This one's probably the biggest stretch. Crash-landed? Marooned? Happy to nix this one, just wanted to put it out there.

Character judgment a star (*) means that the character is very compatible with the kingdoms

Kida/Milo - I haven't really placed their kingdom among the original kingdoms and it is true that they might be from a generally more modern time (1910s) and generally their location puts them in the Americas and Iceland but if you want to play as one of them I won't restrict them for those reasons.

*Esmeralda - Mentioned in the kingdoms as a local heroine of France, could be easily called upon by Merlin to aid the heroes

Kenai - A bit of a weird one, the story according to the plot takes place over in Americas, just after the ice age long before even the kingdoms were supposedly created, might need a little divine intervention/GM fiat to make him appear in the kingdoms to help out.

Jim Hawkins - a Stretch? Depends on the version, if we're talking about the Treasure Planet version, yeah big stretch even though I like the character, if we're talking about one from Treasure Island that might be a little more doable

Well- For Aurara the TLDR is-

She decide she want to learn and train her powers so she can protect herself and the kingdom better, so she goes to the Princess academy.

Some social cues are akward for her, and her best friend is Rapunzel- who had similiar upbringing. She and Phillip go on meetings in secret, and she adventure to help and to learn to be a better princess.

----

For Marian, I told in general my idea- as in real history, King Richard dies, and Prince John come back as an actual king and go on the pettiest revenge journey, and part of it was to kidnap and send all over the world Marian and Robin's children.

Robin stayed to fight and Marian left to look for their children.

Marian try to keep her hope, faith and kindness despite her deep worries for her loved ones.

BTW: If we goes with her being a cleric.. how faith goes in this world?

And how animal England interact with human England?

And in general- since it is already exisiting campain which of those two fit better?

Faith in the Disneyverse is simplistic for the most part, if you believe in an ideal strong enough like say goodness usually that power can manifest into something that can grant divine magic. Different areas have different quote unquote 'religions'

For example. In the Kingdom of Paris, the people there go to the citadel of Notre Dame and pray to divine Lord which is basically the Christian God, Greece has their pantheon of Olympian gods. In the Pride Lands, Deep Jungle and other areas like that, there is the concept of the Circle of Life and the Law of the Jungle which are divine forces that keep the land in balance and prosperous and their ancestors and other spirits aid this force. For some in the north a great star of light often sends down blessings in the form of cleric magic to those who believe in its magic. Over in the Americas, the natives there have their ancestor and other spirits that they pray to.

As for the difference between the animal kingdom England and Human Kingdom England, it's a bit complicated but the area has a rift that can send people to different eras/versions of that kingdom and although the areas are connected, they don't usually interfere with each other.

Out of the two you presented to me Aurora is easier to work into the mix however she and Merida @Rumrunner might have a difference of opinion when it comes to how to be a princess but it's nothing to really focus on.

If I understand this correctly, we need to either use an existing Disney figure or create original ones that can be connected to the existing characters in a very tangible way?

Do the Pixar movies count as Disney for this purpose? I see one issue; most of their movies are set in the modern times, which run counter to your intentions for squad 1.

My immediate thoughts go to Rapunzel from Tangled. The post-movie version, so short, brown hair. I have only seen the original movie, so I hope nothing major happens in the later short instalments.
She's a bard, no doubt; her music works through her song. It does raise some questions:

1. Does her magic follow the D&D ruleset or the movie logic? Can it be assumed that her skill has grown, and she can now cast spells at a range?
  2. Are there limitations on spells she can have/learn/acquire? Do the spells need to fit with her concept? She doesn't seem like the type of bard who will drop much illusions; more direct spells (aiding or hindering) would fit better with her.
  3. What subclass would be appropriate for her? I think College of Eloquence would be the best fit. She is extremely charming, as seen by how she handles the bandits.
  4. Why is she not with Eugene? Could it that she's actually looking for him? He was contacted by some old 'friends', left a message that he'd be gone for a short while. After a week Rapunzel was all out of patience and decided to go looking for him.
  5. What about Pascal and Maximus? Do they follow her on her adventure? Pascal is a good candidate for Find Familiar (but she'll need to be College of Lore to get that one before level 10). Maximus can work with Find Steed, but his stats make him a more likely candidate for Find Greater Steed with a reskin to one of the creatures.

Alternatively, I can try to come up with something original. Can it be a descendent from a character in a later movie? Like an ancestor to Meilin Lee (the main character) from Seeing Red? I'm not saying that's the exact concept I want to play, just exploring the possibilities.

I'm aware that I need to make a separate thread to submit the character. I just need to nail down a concept first.

Edit: I know which character I would love to play, but don't dare to try: The Genie. But I can never pull it off; I'd need to be a hundred times funnier and wittier first.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

A few potential character concepts:

Dr. Facilier as a fiend warlock. I understand why this may not work.

Simba as a leonin barbarian

Basil of Baker Street as a mastermind rogue. Not sure what race - ratfolk if you allow homebrewed.

Princess Eilonwy as a arcane trickster rogue/perhaps a wizard multiclass. Use maybe a high elf template or variant human with a magic initiate feat. I know in the Disney version she didn't use any magic, but she had some magic in the books. Make her globe her familiar?

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

Character concepts:

- Lumiere/Cogsworth: Pre or post being human again. Probably a wizard bard or some such thing

- Pinocchio: War Forged fighter or rogue maybe?

- Jasmine: Some kind of front liner. Barbarian would be hilarious

- One of the Step-Sisters (Cinderella): basically a blank slate so that’s cool.

- Keketa (Pocahontas) : some sort of illusionist, druid, or naturalist character.

any stand outs for these?

Edited by Blanket_Thunder (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Blanket_Thunder said:

- Jasmine: Some kind of front liner. Barbarian would be hilarious

I feel Jasmine (Yasmine?) would be better served as a Beast Mastery ranger focusing on melee weapons. Because, you know, if you have a tiger, why wouldn't you want to use it?