Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

21 minutes ago, LarsWester said:

I don't know how many hours until dark but those amphorae were in mound 1 so not exactly on our way home but not too far. Not sure if we went to grab it if we'd make it back to Helix by dark. We have light sources but I wouldn't want to be out on the moor in the dark with a torch announcing to everything with eyes where we were.

it's not the things with eyes we should be worried about lol.

Is Gern with the Brigands? That will affect my approach.

Also, updated the treasure thread. Splitting up the proceeds (including the gold we found on the scorpion victim) each PC will receive 34 gold, 7 silver. Tamson gets his share as usual, and there's an additional 34 gold, 7 silver for the group fund.

Wasn't sure if we were selling the mundane goods we found, I can add that in if we do.

Gold I've updated but not XP yet. Am I right, folks, that based on the current XP thread and what we just brought back to town, humans like our PCs should have 430 XP at this point? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there! :)

Before we go any further I want @cailano input. Is XP granted for the amount of recovered gold divided by the party or is it the amount of personal gold you gain? I don't want us to lose XP because we decided to create a communal party share. So far it would just be a few points of XP but eventually could end up being a lot.

Regarding the mundane items found on the scorpion victim I think we keep the thieves tools in the event Dougal or Thomas break theirs trying to pick a lock. I would say crossbow and other items goes to whomever wants them. If there are items with no claims by PCs we can offer to Tamson or possible sell. Cailano would the mundane items sell for half the printed cost or something lower?

FYI Thomas is buying a hand drill for 10GP.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

The easy math way is just to take XP equal to what each character claims. That does result in XP loss, however.

The more accurate way is to divide the XP for party gold among all characters.

I'm okay with either version, but if anyone asks me how much XP they've earned for gold, I'll use the easy math version.

And if they don't know that amount either, I'll be like this.

spacer.png

I would assume XP is based on the amount of gold the group acquires, divided by the number of players. What we do with that gold (pay off Tamson, hoard some in a group account) shouldn't affect the XP we gain. That's just my $0.02 as a DM, I'll go along with whatever the final ruling is.

1 hour ago, Raistlinmc said:

Gold I've updated but not XP yet. Am I right, folks, that based on the current XP thread and what we just brought back to town, humans like our PCs should have 430 XP at this point? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there! :)

Sorry, I got sick and little behind these last couple of days. I'll update shortly.

2 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

I would assume XP is based on the amount of gold the group acquires, divided by the number of players. What we do with that gold (pay off Tamson, hoard some in a group account) shouldn't affect the XP we gain. That's just my $0.02 as a DM, I'll go along with whatever the final ruling is.

I agree with this. We brought back the whole pot but afterward paid Tamson, so we ought to be doing XP that way.

If anyone disagrees, say your peace now, but I don't think anyone will mind more XP! Otherwise, I'll go adjust the tracking thread.

21 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

Hey, you stole my $0.02!

But yes, this sounds correct to me.