Dragons of Light

codexgigas

Monday, 23rd of Winter Night, Morning

Moon Magic

Solinari, Lunitari, and Nuitari are in conjunction. All Wizards of High Sorcery receive a +1 bonus to Spell Attack Rolls and Spell Save DCs.

Solinari (9)--Waning, 4 days to Low Sanction
Lunitari (6)--Waning, 1 day to Low Sanction
Nuitari (9)--Waning, 1 day to Low Sanction

image.png.1dc09c057ea51f6c52339d262fdb06ad.pngAfter the Battle of Icewall Castle, you spent a day trying to chisel the diamonds out of Sleet's frozen hoard. For your efforts, you gain several diamonds worth a total of 3500 steel, as well as coins worth a total of 2100 steel. Gareth uses two diamonds, worth a total of 1000 steel, to raise Sir Aran and Sir Brian from the dead. Aran Tallbow easily returns to life, but Brian Donner does not answer Gareth's summons. After time spent communing with Habbakuk, Gareth concludes that his fellow Knight of the Sword is unwilling to return to the material plane. Brian is with his gods now and at peace.

The rest of you have not had a peaceful time. Seven days have passed since the Battle of Icewall Castle. You rowed the Icefolk's fishing boat north until you reached the city of Than-Khal on the northern coast of Icemountain Bay. From there, you bought passage on a merchant ship headed toward Northern Ergoth. From that Northern Ergoth, you expect a short voyage over the Sancrist Passage to the island where the Knights of Solamnia's leaders are in exile. However, the waters of the Sirrion Sea are rough in winter, and your voyage has not been easy so far. Your ship, the Windrider, hasn't made the progress you hoped for, although the coastline of Southern Ergoth has begun to appear on the horizon.

The two knights accompanying you have not been good company. Aran keeps to himself much more than he did before his death. You often see him staring off into the distance, seemingly completely unaware of his immediate surroundings. Derek Crownguard spends most of his time below decks in the small cabin that officially belongs to all of you. Derek is unwilling to let anyone, including Aran and Gareth, into the cabin. When you have been in there, you have caught glimpses of Derek quickly putting the Dragon Orb away into his pack. The knight seems obsessed with the arcane object, but he has refused to allow Araxis to examine it. He seems to be growing increasingly paranoid.

As the land begins to appear to your north, you notice a strange cloud on the southern horizon. It appears to be moving toward you.

Tabletop

You have diamonds worth 2500 steel left. If you intend to draw cards from the Deck of Many Things, you need to declare how many cards you wish to draw in advance.

Javeq - Half-Elf Warlock 10 sheetspacer.png

AC: 16 | HP: 103/103 | Features | Conditions:

Javeq waits for the others to declare their intentions first, making sure he goes last. He takes off his rings, places them in a pouch, and sets it off to the side so he is no longer wearing them. He dismisses his sword to its extra dimensional space.

No matter what happens to the others, he declares his intention before the deck of cards. He speaks with some hesitation, knowing he is tempting fate with each card.

"Six."

He does not draw any cards, instead waiting for all of them to appear at once.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Object:

ACTIONS
Greatsword +9 to hit, 2d6+5 slashing +1d6 cold (-5/+10 for GWM, triple advantage from EA)
Eldritch Blast +8 to hit, 1d10+4 damage 150' range
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation
Spells, cast at 5th level: Armor of Agathys, Shield, Hold Person x4, Invisibility x4, Summon Shadowspawn, Dispel Magic, Fly x3, Dimension Door, Shadow of Moil, Far Step
Ring of Spell Storing: shield x5
Armor of Hexes: Reaction for d6, Hexed misses on 4+

Notes

travelled via Sia Mori to Pax Tharkas to free hostages and lead a slave revolt.
Ka'Dzenha kidnapped Laurana, serves Verminaard
Gilthanas - elf we rescued
Eben - human who survived battle against draconics. TRAITOR
Laurena - captured by Ka'Dzenha, now rescued
Verminaard - sitting on throne, defeated and revived
Goldmoon - of the Que-shu, now rescued
Flamestrike - very old red dragon
Riverwind, one of Goldmoon's people. "The other men will listen to him, and he knows the ways of the warrior. He is tall, with raven-black hair and green eyes."
Fizban - wizard in skull lair.
Blaize - brass dragon in bubble.
Fistandantlus
Grallen, son of Duncan, Thane of the Hylar and High King of Thorbardin. Cannot rest until helm is returned to the Hall of the Thanes in Hybardin
Dream - "I have entered this door and cannot find my way back," Goldmoon cries. "Please! Come and bring that which I left behind!" There were seven open archways into the tower. As I watched, a group of hooded pilgrims approached, changing into draconians. I followed the dim hallway and the draconian attacked. I tried to fight them, but everything went wrong. They killed Jolly. I killed Sir Gareth. 
Kharas - dwarf son of Glade
Glade Hornfel - Thane of Hylar in Lifetree on Council of Thanes
Hammer of Kharas was lost by High King Duncan
Governor Elistan Castleguard
Silvanesti noble Lady Starbreeze
Derek Crownguard, leader of knights of solamnia.

spacer.png

Name
6 draws
16; 20; 3; 16; 3; 18
1d22;1d22;1d22;1d22;1d22;1d22 [16]; [16,20]; [16,20,3]; [16,20,3,16]; [16,20,3,16,3]; [16,20,3,16,3,18]
repeat 16
1d22 14
repeat 3
1d22 21

spacer.pngGareth uth Fearfold, Knight of the Crown

AC 21 | Initiative +0 | HP 87/87 | Channel Divinity 3/2+1
Precise Strike 4/4 | Commanding Rally 4/4 | Demoralizing Strike 4/4
Spells +10 DC 18 | Cantrips | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 3/3 | 4th 3/3 | 5th 2/2

Gareth is blessed to attempt to bring the two knights back from death and content that one of them returned. If death is truly paradise, why would you want to return to this mortal coil? He is also blessed that Habbakuk positioned him at Icewall Castle to reconsecrate the spring and shrine to his divine patron.

When Aran's self-isolation becomes obvious, Gareth would softly approach him to discuss it over the many days of the trip. He suspects his melancholy is due to the realization that he could have stayed in paradise with his friend, but he nurses the conversation over many days for Aran to confirm it aloud.

When Derek's self-isolation becomes obvious, Gareth joins Aran on deck and seeks his counsel on the subject. "Aran, I'm concerned with Derek's behavior. We know that the dragon orb is an instrument of the Dragon Queen. What if She was able to bend Derek to Her will? He is the senior knight, but what does the Oath and Measure suggest as a course of action? Nothing? What if he betrays us to Her armies? I'm concerned with inaction. What do you think?"

OOC

Derek is obviously the senior knight. What is the status difference between Aran and Gareth?

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

Araxis Malthen-Galad
spacer.png Passive Insight: 13 || Passive Investigation: 17 || Passive Perception: 13
AC: 13
HP: 78/78
Hit Dice Used (d6): 0/8
Speed: 30
Spell Slots: 1st - 4  2nd - 3 3rd - 3 4th - 3 5th - 2

Araxis had helped out with collecting the diamonds. They would prove valuable and shown to be as valuable when resurrecting the fallen knights. The journey that followed left him with some concern. The way the knight secluded himself with the orb become more and more troublesome. He knew that Gareth would keep tabs on his people but that would not mean he would refrain. Calling forth Mithralroval, he sent the mystical feline to keep watch and if possible a close eye on what he was doing. In the meantime, his curious eye wandered to the deck of cards that Javeq had been playing with.

Name
Cards
4d22 19,17,1,7

Posted (edited)

Moon Magic

Solinari, Lunitari, and Nuitari are in conjunction. All Wizards of High Sorcery receive a +1 bonus to Spell Attack Rolls and Spell Save DCs.

image.png.1dc09c057ea51f6c52339d262fdb06ad.png

Gareth sits by Aran on the deck. It takes almost a minute for the other knight to acknowledge his presence. When he does, Aran startles. "My apologies, Sir Gareth," he says. "I do not understand how these Dragon Orbs work, but your wizard might. They say the wizards created the Orbs thousands of years ago during the Second Dragon War. But if Sir Derek is... compromised... then he may be removed from command by his peers and brought before the Council in Sancrist. But we would need to be absolutely sure that he has fallen to evil."

Thorin, Javeq, and Araxis sit on the other side of the deck, looking at the deck of cards they found in the dragon's hoard. None of them has been able to resist the lure of the cards, even though Araxis is aware they contain immense magical power.

Thorin draws two cards. He moves as if he will draw more, but there is a flash of light. When the light clears, Thorin is gone.

Araxis draws four cards. His pouch at his belt suddenly feel light, as his coins disappear. He finds himself filled with knowledge and the sense that he can convince others to follow him.

Javeq draws six cards. As he draws the first, a skeleton clad in a tattered black robe appears. Javeq quickly draws more cards. He feels a sudden wrenching sensation, and his outlook on the world is altered. He feels a sudden surge of power within him, but then a sudden sense of foreboding overshadows him. With his last draw, a blade made of pure sunlight appears in his hand.

The skeleton points at Javeq. "Javeq, your life is forfeit. You must face me alone. All who interfere shall feel my might!" A scythe appears in the skeleton's hand as it moves to attack.

Tabletop

As a Knight of the Sword, Gareth has a higher standing within the Knights of Solamnia than Aran, a Knight of the Crown. Derek outranks both of them as a Knight of the Rose.

Thorin draws the Idiot. His Intelligence score decreases by 3.
Thorin draws Donjon. He disappears in a flash of light, leaving his gear behind. His other draws are canceled. He is imprisoned and is effectively an NPC until he is rescued. All divination spells fail to locate him. Only a wish spell will reveal the location of his prison.

Araxis draws the Rogue. He has earned the enmity of an unknown NPC.
Araxis draws Ruin. All wealth he is carrying, other than magic items, is destroyed.
Araxis draws the Vizier. Once in the next year, he may ask a question and receive a true answer through meditation.
Araxis draws the Throne. He gains proficiency and expertise in Persuasion. In the near future, he will gain ownership of a small keep.

Javeq draws the Skull. He is attacked by an Avatar of Death.
Javeq draws the Balance. His alignment is changed (Good to Evil and Law to Chaos).
Javeq draws the Moon. He can cast Wish 2 times.
Javeq draws the Flames. A powerful devil becomes his enemy.
Javeq draws the Fool. He must draw again.
Javeq draws the Euryale. He is cursed and takes a -2 penalty to saving throws until the curse is broken. Only a god or the power of the Fates card can break the curse.
Javeq draws the Key. A sunblade appears in his hand.

Javeq wins initiative against the Avatar of Death.

Edited by codexgigas (see edit history)
Name
Idiot
1d4+1 2
Javeq Reroll
1d22 17
Javeq Reroll
1d22 14
Moon
1d3 2
Javeq Reroll
1d22 13
Fool
1d22 21
Reroll 21
1d22 8
Javeq Initiative
1d20+1 19
1d20+3 8

Javeq pulls one of the rings out of his pouch and ignites the sunblade. He turns to his friends.

"Well. It's a good thing this appeared in my hands then. Leave this for me. Death is mine to overcome."

He puts on the ring, twirls the sword and approaches the Avatar, a wicked smile across his face. But as he gets close, he drops the sunblade and summons the Sword of Amberace, it's cold blue steel gleaming in his hands.

Mechanics

If you want to skip the turn-by-turn posts, Javeq will trade punches with this thing. I actually have to drop the sunblade since it's not a pact weapon. So this turn he will do that and summon his frost brand. Then two attacks each round, +9 to hit, 2d6+5 slashing + 1d6 cold.

Main Hand: sunblade

Action: summon frost brand

Bonus Action: activate sunblade

Move: to Avatar

Object: put on ring of spell storing

Reaction: shield if it helps

ACTIONS
Greatsword +9 to hit, 2d6+5 slashing +1d6 cold (-5/+10 for GWM, triple advantage from EA)
Spells, cast at 5th level: Armor of Agathys, Shield, Hold Person x4, Invisibility x4, Summon Shadowspawn, Dispel Magic, Fly x3, Dimension Door, Shadow of Moil, Far Step

Notes

Riverwind, one of Goldmoon's people. "The other men will listen to him, and he knows the ways of the warrior. He is tall, with raven-black hair and green eyes."
Fistandantlus
Grallen, son of Duncan, Thane of the Hylar and High King of Thorbardin. Cannot rest until helm is returned to the Hall of the Thanes in Hybardin
Dream - "I have entered this door and cannot find my way back," Goldmoon cries. "Please! Come and bring that which I left behind!" There were seven open archways into the tower. As I watched, a group of hooded pilgrims approached, changing into draconians. I followed the dim hallway and the draconian attacked. I tried to fight them, but everything went wrong. They killed Jolly. I killed Sir Gareth. 

spacer.png

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)
Name
Round 2: attack, attack, damage, damage
11; 10; 18; 18
1d20+9;1d20+9;3d6+5;3d6+5 [2]; [2,1]; [2,1,5,5,3]; [2,1,5,5,3,5,5,3]
Round 3: attack, attack, damage, damage:
26; 19; 19; 13
1d20+9;1d20+9;3d6+5;3d6+5 [17]; [17,10]; [17,10,5,5,4]; [17,10,5,5,4,2,3,3]
Round 4: attack, attack, damage, damage:
26; 13; 14; 15
1d20+9;1d20+9;3d6+5;3d6+5 [17]; [17,4]; [17,4,3,3,3]; [17,4,3,3,3,5,1,4]
Round 5: attack, attack, damage, damage:
11; 26; 21; 12
1d20+9;1d20+9;3d6+5;3d6+5 [2]; [2,17]; [2,17,6,5,5]; [2,17,6,5,5,2,4,1]
Round 6: attack, attack, damage, damage:
23; 29; 17; 18
1d20+9;1d20+9;3d6+5;3d6+5 [14]; [14,20]; [14,20,5,4,3]; [14,20,5,4,3,6,1,6]

AC 21 | HP 101/101 | Channel Divinity* Turn Undead: As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action. Starting at 8th level, when an undead of CR 1 or lower fails its saving throw against your Turn Undead feature, the creature is instantly destroyed.

* Channel Divinity: Preserve Life
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to heal the badly injured. As an action, you present your holy symbol and evoke healing energy that can restore a number of hit points equal to five times your cleric level. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you, and divide those hit points among them. This feature can restore a creature to no more than half of its hit point maximum. You can't use this feature on an undead or a construct.

* Channel Divinity: Harness Divine Power 2/2
You can expend a use of your Channel Divinity to fuel your spells. As a bonus action, you touch your holy symbol, utter a prayer, and regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up). The number of times you can use this feature is based on the level you've reached in this class: 2nd level, once; 6th level, twice; and 18th level, thrice. You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
3/2+1
StrSave +4

* Athletics +8
18 | DexSave +0

Initiative +0

Acrobatics +0
Sleight of Hand +0
Stealth +0
11 | ConSave +2

Concentration +2 with advantage
14 | IntSave +0

Arcana +0
History +0
Investigation +0
Nature +0
* Religion +4
10 | Wis* Save +9

Animal Handling +5
Insight +5
Medicine +5
* Perception +9
* Survival +9
20 | Cha* Save +5

Deception +1
Intimidation +1
Performance +1
* Persuasion +5

After his conversation with Aran, Gareth approaches his companions, especially Araxis, for counsel. "I'm increasingly concerned with Derek's behavior with that dragon orb. What do you know about it? Can the Dragon Queen use it to corrupt individuals?"

"I plan to commune with Habakkuk about the situation and can ask a single question. What do you think about the following question? Does Derek Crownguard plan to act according to the Oath and Measure of the Knights of Solamnia and against the interests of Takhisis, the Dragon Queen? Would there be a better worded single question?" Gareth looks very concerned, because as a Knight of the Rose, Crownguard outranks him, and any move against him jeopardizes his standing within the knighthood.

OOC

@Hudsonpolar Divination = You ask a single question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity to occur within 7 days. The GM offers a truthful reply.

Araxis Malthen-Galad

spacer.pngPassive Insight: 13 || Passive Investigation: 17 || Passive Perception: 13

AC: 13
HP: 78/78
Hit Dice Used (d6): 0
Speed: 30
Spell Slots: 1st - 4  2nd - 3 3rd - 3 4th - 3 5th - 2

He gave the question a little thought. "I put nothing above the Dragon Queen at this point Gareth. There are many items and trinkets that can hold magic to bolster and weaken. To think that one could be used to control another is not far from imagination and could be in that room at this moment. It would be best to get it out of their hands but I know yours are tied. As far as your question to your god, I do not know. Either way you word it, it should be is he being influenced. Frankly you knights are too stubborn and should not mess with magics you have no capability of handling" He crossed his arms and leaned his back against the wall to recall what he could of the orb.

Actions

Pre Javeq death battle History or Arcana check on the orb to pull out some more information on what we are dealing with.

Name
roll
1d20+8 13

AC 21 | HP 101/101 | Channel Divinity 3/2+1
Str 18 | Dex 11 | Con 14 | Int 10 | Wis 20 | Cha 12

After his discussion with Araxis and other companions, Gareth asks Aran to join him to witness the ritual to Habbakuk. He ritually casts Divination at a suitable location on the ship and asks his divine patron, "Does Derek Crownguard plan to act according to the Oath and Measure of the Knights of Solamnia and against the interests of Takhisis, the Dragon Queen?"

OOC

Divination = You ask a single question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity to occur within 7 days. The GM offers a truthful reply.

Javeq lowers his sword after the Avatar is defeated. He picks up the rest of his gear and puts on the other ring. He looks around, completely broken by Thorin's disappearance. There is no benefit that deck could have given us that's worth losing Thorin over. He sits down and puts his face in his hands, hiding the tears rolling down his face. What have we done?

"I wish we had found a different powerful magic item instead of that Deck of Cards."

Mechanics

I'm hoping you'll reroll the magic item or pick something else, but if the best we can do is negate it, that's fine.

Main Hand: Frostbrand

Action: Wish

Bonus Action: none

Move: none

Object: none

ACTIONS

Notes

Fistandantlus

spacer.png

Moon Magic

image.png.1dc09c057ea51f6c52339d262fdb06ad.png

Araxis knows much about the Dragon Orbs, all of which feeds his concerns about Derek Crownguard's behavior. The Wizards of High Sorcery created five orbs during the desperate days of the Third Dragon War. Each Dragon Orb contains the imprisoned soul of an ancient and powerful chromatic dragon. The trapped souls give the master of a Dragon Orb the power to command chromatic dragons, but the imprisoned dragons seek to dominate anyone who dares to use a Dragon Orb. Using the orb is a constant battle of wills. Anyone can use a Dragon Orb, but the arcane training wizards undergo gives their minds a measure of protection against the dragon's baleful whispers. While the orbs themselves are tools that undermine Takhisis' minions, the fact that they use evil dragons to fight evil makes them perilous tools. Before the Lost Battles, each of the Five Towers of High Sorcery guarded one of the Dragon Orbs. Following the destruction of the Towers of Istar, Daltigoth, and Losarcum, no one knows what became of the Orbs they guarded. Araxis has had enough time to study the Dragon Orb Derek commandeered to determine that it is most likely the Wayreth Orb. He heard rumors the Conclave of High Sorcery entrusted the orb to a wizard to guard it; apparently they chose poorly by giving the orb to Feal-Thas. The final orb, the Orb of Palanthas, is presumably sealed within the locked Tower of High Sorcery in the city of Palanthas.

Javeq engages in a brutal duel with the Avatar of Death. Following a tense battle, he stands, panting and bleeding, before he harnesses the power the cards gave him to cast a wish spell. The scene on the ship's deck shifts around Javeq. His wounds close. The next thing he knows, he is huddled with Araxis and Thorin, examining the strange scarf they claimed from Sleet's hoard. Araxis and Javeq are aware of the scarf's immense power, which has made them afraid to handle the object. However, their experiments to this point have proven that the artifact is powerful and consecrated by holy spells.

Gareth interrupts their revere as he asks them to witness his ritual. The cleric finds a comfortable space on the ship's deck and makes his offerings to Habbakuk. As he meditates on his question, a feeling of peace comes over him. When Gareth opens his eyes, the largest kingfisher he has ever seen lands an arm's length away from him. The bird looks him in the eyes, nods its head once, and then takes flight again, leaving a single blue-tinged feather behind. Gareth knows the kingfisher is sacred to Habbakuk and has appeared to answer his question. He is sure that Derek acts according to his own interpretation of the Oath and the Measure and seeks to defeat Takhisis. However, he takes the feather as a sign that at least one of the three divine patrons of the Knights of Solamnia is closely watching over their group to ensure that Derek is not corrupted by the Dragon Orb.

Behind you, the cloud continues to move toward the ship, even as the wind blows the other clouds away from you.

Tabletop

Round 1
Both of Javeq's attacks miss.
The Avatar of Death deals 8 points of slashing damage and 8 points of necrotic damage to Javeq.

Round 2
Both of Javeq's attacks hit.
The Avatar of Death deals 9 points of slashing damage and 5 points of necrotic damage to Javeq.

Round 3
Javeq's first attack hits.
The Avatar of Death deals 11 points of slashing damage and 6 points of necrotic damage to Javeq.

Round 4
Javeq's second attack hits.
The Avatar of Death deals 8 points of slashing damage and 5 points of necrotic damage to Javeq.

Round 5
Both of Javeq's attacks hit. The Avatar of Death disappears, defeated.

Thorin Firestone

images.jpeg.729fcef46eb66285ce59d8d4e9bfc3e3.jpeg

Statblock

Thorin Firestone

Dwarf Drakewarden Ranger 10

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Outlander

Deity: Reorx

AC: 20

HP: 105

Str: 21 (+8)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 13 (+1)

Wis: 18 (+4)

Cha: 10 (0)

Saves:  Strength and Dexterity

Skills: Athletics, Nature, Stealth, Perception, Survival

Feat: Skill Expert

Melee Attack: WyrmSlayer +2 BattleAxe - +13 to hit      Handaxe x3 - +8 to hit

Ranged Attack: Heavy Crossbow - +8 to hit Handaxe x3 - +8 to hit

Flaw

I am too enamored of ale, dwarven spirits, and a good pipe at the end of the day. 

Personality Trait

I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching Draconian horde. I'd do it again if I had to. 

Ideal

It is each person's responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole clan.

Bond

My clan is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me. I want to bring honor to their name.

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Athletics +8
Acrobatics +4
Stealth +10
Sleight of Hand +4
Arcana +2
History +2
Investigation +2
Nature +5
Religion +2
Animal Handling +4
Insight +7
Medicine +4
Perception +10
Survival +7
Deception +0
Intimidation +0
Performance +0
Persuasion +0

Passive Perception: 18

Feats and Abilities 

Feats: Skill Expert

Race Traits

Class Features

Background Features

Proficiencies

• Armor: None
  • Weapons: None
  • Tools: Mandolin

Languages:

• Common
  • Dwarven
  • Draconic
  • Elvish
  • Hand Talk
  • Ogre
  • Plains Nomad

Spells

Spells Known: 
Cantrips: 
Thaumaturgy
Level 1 Spells: 
Detect Magic   
Goodberry
Fog Cloud
Level 2 Spells: 
Locate Object  
Lesser Restoration

Primal Awareness Spells: 

These can be done once a day.

Speak with Animals   
Beast Sense

Equipment

Equipment

• WyrmSlayer +2 Battle Axe
  • Heavy Crossbow
  • Hand Axe x3
  • Mithral Half Plate
  • Belt of Giant Strength
  • Explorer’s Pack
  • Flask of Dwarven Spirits
  • Jug of Ale
  • Pouch of Dwarven Smoking tobacco
  • Dwarven Pipe
  • Deck of Cards
  • Grooming Kit
  • Mirror
  • Assorted herbs and spices for cooking
  • Iron Pot
  • Mandolin
  • Shield

Drake Companion Stats

Name: Silvena
Size: Small/Medium
HP: 40
Proficiency Bonus:+3
Speed: 40
Saves: Dex +4, Wis +5
Abilities: STR 16(+3), DEX 12(+1), CON 15(+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 14(+2), CHA 8 (-1)
Damage Immunities:Cold
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft,

Passive Perception: 12
Languages: Draconic
Actions:
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 +3 piercing cold damage.
Reactions: Infused Strikes. When another creature within 30 feet of the drake that it can see hits a target with a weapon attack, the drake infuses the strike with its essence, causing the target to take an extra 1d6 cold damage

A look of profound loss and sadness is in Thorin's eyes as he reappears though it quickly fades as his memory of events disappeared and the reordering of the universe happens in the blink of the eye as if it had never happened.

He glances around himself and blinks as his mind tries to determine what is going on. He looks at Araxis and Javeq as they look at the Scarf. "So do either of you have any clue as to what this thing is and how it can be used?"

When they are asked to meet the others he realizes that Gareth had been worried about Derek and the influence the Orb had on him. Luckily it appeared that the worries are unwarranted, at least for now. He turns to the others now that it seemed that had a moment to reflect. "So now that we have some breathing space, what are our next steps after we reach Sancrist?"

Gareth breathes a sigh of relief that the senior knight is not corrupted. He tucks the feather of the kingfisher within his gear. Seeing the chasing cloud, he calls out, “Captain! Captain! What’s that cloud behind us? And how soon will it engulf us?”

After the answer, he heads down to see Derek, “Ser Derek. We need to talk.” If he doesn’t open the door, Gareth speaks anyway, “Two things. First, Habukkuk confirms that you have not yet been corrupted by the soul of the chromatic dragon within that orb, but please don’t test it by attempting to use it. Second, there is an unnatural cloud chasing us. It’ll be upon us soon.”

OOC

Start to Ritual cast Water Walk on everyone who wants it when the cloud is 15 minutes away

As the memories of Thorin's abduction and Javeq's fight against Death fade from his memory as if they had never happened, Javeq looks at the scarf that he has been examining with Araxis.

"Given the holy consecration of this, I think Gareth would be the best to hold onto it and try to determine what it is."

He gives the scarf to Gareth and takes up a position on the ship closest to the approaching unnatural cloud.

"Here, Gareth. See what the holy spells turned this into."

Mechanics

I'm hoping you'll reroll the magic item or pick something else, but if the best we can do is negate it, that's fine.

Main Hand: Frostbrand

Action: Wish

Bonus Action: none

Move: none

Object: none

ACTIONS

Notes

Fistandantlus

spacer.png

Gareth shrugs and accepts the scarf. “Thanks.” He appreciates the gift from his companions while he ties it around his neck.

OOC

He starts a short rest to attune to the scarf. Hopefully he has time to complete it and the Water Walk before the cloud hits.