Dragons of Light

codexgigas

Araxis Malthen-Galad

spacer.pngPassive Insight: 13 || Passive Investigation: 17 || Passive Perception: 13

AC: 13
HP: 78/78
Hit Dice Used (d6): 0
Speed: 30
Spell Slots: 1st - 4  2nd - 3 3rd - 3 4th - 3 5th - 2

Araxis did not speak. He knew that the people here had no love for him. Stubborn kin of his would never learn and the death of his people would continue because they were such. He was too of course. He attempted to make sure they were too busy in their disgust that they couldn't tie a decent knot. He would follow the rest with whatever they had planned next and hopefully with a little magic in the process.

Actions

Name
roll
1d20+4 5

Tuesday, 24th of Winter Night, Morning

Moon Magic

Lunitari and Nuitari are in conjunction and at Low Sanction. The bonus for being in conjunction cancels out the penalty for being at Low Sanction. All Wizards of High Sorcery cast spells as normal.

Solinari (19)--Waning, 3 days to Low Sanction
Lunitari (16)--Low Sanction, 7 days to Waxing
Nuitari (3)--Low Sanction, 2 days to Low Waxing

image.png.0a558e13a82feb8c61a621f4a9eabd7c.pngDespite Araxis' best efforts, the other elves tie his hands tightly together, preventing him from casting any spells with somatic components.

As the elves argue, Silvara leans in close, maneuvering so that Merathanos cannot see her hands. Taking a dagger, she neatly slices the ropes tying Araxis' hands together and quickly slides a short wand made of yew into his hands.

"I don't know the best way to get you out of here," she whispers, frustration in her voice. "If they hadn't taken most of your weapons, we might be able to do something. As it is, you have a dwarf and a wizard. I don't know if that will be enough to get the Orb back from Merathanos. I've done what I can for the moment."

Silvara steps forward, reaching out her hands toward Gilthanas. "My lord," she says. "You know how cruelly the Silvanesti treat my people. Your ancestor Kith-Kanan was a friend of the Kagonesti. Surely you will be too?"

Merathanos leans down on horseback, slapping Silvara across the face. "Silence, slave!" she hisses.

Gilthanas draws his sword. You notice his eyes are fixed on Silvara as he addresses the Silvanesti. "That was poorly done. You hold our allies captive, and you mistreat our cousins. Why should we permit you to leave this clearing?" he asks loudly.

Porthios glares at his brother. "The Kagonesti are savages. We and the Silvanesti are doing them a favor by civilizing them. I do protest the treatment of allies of the Speaker of the Sun, but I don't care what Merathanos does with her slaves."

The dispute between the elven factions is growing. Perhaps there is something you can do to take advantage of this?

Tabletop

Araxis has an arcane focus.

spacer.pngGareth uth Fearfold, Knight of the Crown

AC 21 | HP 101/101 | Channel Divinity 3/2+1
Str 18 | Dex 11 | Con 14 | Int 10 | Wis 20 | Cha 12
Precise Strike 4/4 | Commanding Rally 4/4 | Demoralizing Strike 4/4
Spells +10 DC 18 | Cantrips | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 2/3 | 3rd 3/3 | 4th 3/3 | 5th 2/2

Gareth is shocked at the slap to Silvara.

After a few moments to collect himself, the knight straightens up and addresses Merathanos and her entourage, "Habakkuk blesses us. It's clear your manners do not befit our surrender, so I'm going to have to ask for our possessions back. We have no desire for violence, but please know the Blue Phoenix empowers me with his divine power. And, he will send his blessed spiritual knights to protect me if you deny my request."

"Please return our weapons and dragon orb now."

Mechanics

Action: cast Enhance Ability on Araxis

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Persuasion
1d20+5 13

Araxis Malthen-Galad

spacer.pngPassive Insight: 13 || Passive Investigation: 17 || Passive Perception: 13

He was about done with all the squabbling between what he unfortunately called kin at this point. Araxis closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them to a slight arcane flare as what was a wooded and gentle space melted away into a blasted scorching battlefield that smelled for brimstone and death. "You pompous, stubborn, idiotic fools! You stand here bickering back and forth about who is right, who is in control, all the while our enemy...or mutual blasted gods forsaken enemy laughs at us! This! This is what our lands...Silvanetsi, Qualanesti, and Kagoneeti lands will look like! This is what human lands, dwarf lands, elf lands will look like! Would you like to see who will be living in our homes?!"

Araxis stepped back, using his illusions to darken the area a little with bits of light from explosions and fire peeking through as he casted Seeming on everyone present, turning them into the dragon foes they continued to fight. Each of the leaders molded and twisted into ancient dragons. At everyone's feet lie their own bodies, burned, beaten, bitten. Araxis kept his distance but addressed them as sternly as his voice would allow, using his terrain to make it more oppressive.

"While you look down on the races, look down upon your own race, upon your kin our greatest enemies...THE QUEEN OF DRAGONS HERSELF...rise in power and sweep across the lands killing us all. Shove you gods damn egos, your miserable beliefs, and your stupid history of how everyone treated everyone because we are no longer in that world. Here, now, we battle for survival and if you do not put a blasted end to it there will be no tomorrow!"

He let the illusion hover for a moment before letting it fade around them.

Actions

Hallucinary terrain then seeming while using mailable illusions

[b][url=/sheets/?id=1774607]Araxis Malthen-Galad[/url][/b] [i]High Elf Wizard 10 NG[/i] [b]AC[/b] 14 [b]HP[/b] 78 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 19 (4) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 20 (5) [b]Cha[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3 [b]Longsword[/b] +4 1d8+1 [b]Staff of Magius[/b] +5 1d6+2 [b][/b] [b][/b] Class feature: Spellcasting Class feature: Ritual Casting Class feature: Arcane Recovery Class: Arcane Tradition - Illusion Class: Arcane Tradition - Illusion Savant Class: Arcane Tradition - Improved Minor Illusion Class: Arcane Tradition - Malleable Illusion Class: Illusionary Self Racial Feature: Darkvision Racial Feature: Keen Senses Racial Feature: Fey ancestry Racial Feature: Trance Racial Feature: Elf Weapon Training Racial Feature: Extra Cantrip Racial Feature: Extra Language Background Feature: Researcher Background Feature: Two Languages Feat: Telekenetic Level 4 ASI: +1 Dex, +1 Con Level 8 Feat: Resilient Constitution
Araxis Malthen-Galad
High Elf Wizard 10 NG

AC 14 HP 78 Speed 30ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 19 (4) Wis 12 (1) Int 20 (5) Cha 8 (-1)

Attacks
Dagger +6 1d4+3
Longsword +4 1d8+1
Staff of Magius +5 1d6+2

Class feature: Spellcasting
Class feature: Ritual Casting
Class feature: Arcane Recovery
Class: Arcane Tradition - Illusion
Class: Arcane Tradition - Illusion Savant
Class: Arcane Tradition - Improved Minor Illusion
Class: Arcane Tradition - Malleable Illusion
Class: Illusionary Self
Racial Feature: Darkvision
Racial Feature: Keen Senses
Racial Feature: Fey ancestry
Racial Feature: Trance
Racial Feature: Elf Weapon Training
Racial Feature: Extra Cantrip
Racial Feature: Extra Language
Background Feature: Researcher
Background Feature: Two Languages
Feat: Telekenetic
Level 4 ASI: +1 Dex, +1 Con
Level 8 Feat: Resilient Constitution

Name
Persuasion
16; 10
1d20-1;1d20-1 [17]; [17,11]

Tuesday, 24th of Winter Night, Mid-Day

Moon Magic

Lunitari and Nuitari are in conjunction and at Low Sanction. The bonus for being in conjunction cancels out the penalty for being at Low Sanction. All Wizards of High Sorcery cast spells as normal.

image.png.0e9e4e23ccec99c75c1ea4a8e07f15fb.pngLady Merathanos laughs at Gareth as the knight demands she return the Dragon Orb. "I see no reason to hand over such a prize to someone who has so clearly been bested..." The elf never has a chance to finish her sentence, because Araxis casts his spell. As the horrifying illusions cover the elves, Merathanos drops the Dragon Orb from a now-bloodless hand. As the illusion grows in horror, most of the elves and the majority of the sailors flee, leaving you alone with Gilthanas and Silvara. The Qualinesti prince is looking directly at the Kagonesti elf, perhaps explaining why he is unaffected by Araxis' illusion. A slight blush creeps into Gilthanas' cheeks.

Silvara chuckles, and her laughter is echoed by the remaining Kagonesti elves. "That was a good trick, wizard," she says. "My people have never practiced the Moon Gods' arts, but you have shown how useful they can be. But come, let us depart from here before the others realize their folly and return." Silvara leaps into motion, moving quickly through the forest. With her guidance, you are able to find hidden paths through the tall trees. After two hours of travel, Silvara's pace finally slows. You are grateful for this. Derek Crownguard, weighed down by his heavy armor, has especially had trouble keeping up.

The forest floor is a soft bed of pine nee­dles, and the high branches of the sur­ ounding spruce trees create the effect of a natural cathedral. Through the breaks in the trees you can see the rising smoke of several small fires. Silvara leads you toward the wood smoke. You have found a small village made of huts of leather stretched over wooden frames. The entire village looks as if it could be disassembled and moved easily. Silvara smiles at you. "The city elves have not found all of my people," she says. "I have been spying on them, keeping the Kagonesti informed of their movements so that we might avoid them as best we can. There is much you need to see in Southern Ergoth, but you have been through much. You can rest here and we will gather provisions for the journey. Lady Merathanos will undoubtedly attempt to pursue us, but she will have a hard time finding this village."

Tabletop

spacer.pngGareth uth Fearfold, Knight of the Crown

AC 21 | HP 101/101 | Channel Divinity 3/2+1

Gareth's grimace at Lady Merathanos' laughter transitions to a jaw-drop when Araxis starts the show, then to a broad smile when the Silvanesti drop their possessions and flee. Great potential allies! If they retreat to an illusion, what could happen if they face the real threat?

As the knight collects his flaming mace, dagger, and crossbow, he praises Araxis between chuckles, "Well done. I knew Habakkuk's blessing would inspire you."

He walks toward the abandoned dragon orb looking at Crownguard, "Sir Derek, would you mind if Habakkuk helped me carry this burden for you?"

"And, should Sir Aran and Sir Brian take command of the sailors' with their captain, while we further investigate this place with the Kargonesti? The sailors who fled need to rounded up and best prepared for when the Silvanesti return. They'll need leadership, and I hope knights among will ensure better treatment."

Mechanics

Action: Persuasion

Name
Persuasion
1d20+5 18

Araxis Malthen-Galad

Araxis watched, almost dumbfounded as the elves ran as fast as they could from the area. Raising an eyebrow he looked over towards those that remained and gave them a shrug before gingerly walking over to pick up his walking stick and other equipment. Making sure he had everything in it's proper place he went to address the others. "I agree, let us be off. To think the backbone was taken from them with their lands. Their reactions just prove that the need to work together is vital. Perhaps even more so than I had thought. Anyways, let us go." He gave a nod to the knight for his appreciation of the magic.

Actions

H

Tuesday, 24th of Winter Night, Mid-Day

Moon Magic

image.png.0e9e4e23ccec99c75c1ea4a8e07f15fb.pngGareth's words surprisingly find Derek Crownguard in an obliging mood. "Sir Gareth, I believe the Orb may have influenced my thoughts," he says. "I beg your pardon if I have acted in an unknightly fashion toward you. I have not been myself. I would be glad if you would share the burden of the Orb with me. Perhaps Habakkuk can shield you from its influence."

As Gareth takes the Dragon Orb, he notes that it feels much heavier in his hands than its appearance would indicate. When his hands are in contact with the Orb, he hears a soft whispering sound. He can almost make out words, but not quite. Whatever the sound is, it is filled with hatred and malice.

Aran takes charge of the sailors who did not flee in terror. Under his leadership, they form a search party to search for their shipmates whom Araxis' spell scared off. The knight bids you a courteous farewell, trusting that you will meet again on Sancrist, if not before.

The Kagonesti village offers you a respite after the harrowing events of the morning and the past day. You smell the delicious smells of roasting meat. Silvara smiles at you. "Make yourselves at ease," she says. "There are some here I would have you meet before we depart." Among the elves, you see two odd figures: a kender and a half-ogre. You wonder how they came to be among the reclusive wild elves. They are in conversation with one of the Kagonesti.

Tabletop

[fieldset=Kyra of the Spirit Elk][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/kt3X1iD.jpeg[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895703][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=DarkRed]Kyra of the Spirit Elk[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Half Ogre Giant Barbarian 10[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 143/143 [b]HD:[/b] 10/10d12 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Rages:[/b] 4/4 LR [b]Relentless Endurance:[/b] 1/1 LR [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table][/fieldset]
Kyra of the Spirit Elk
kt3X1iD.jpeg
Kyra of the Spirit Elk
Half Ogre Giant Barbarian 10
HP: 143/143
HD: 10/10d12
AC: 18
Rages: 4/4 LR
Relentless Endurance: 1/1 LR

A large, stocky built woman lies on her side floor in the company of the Kender and the Kagonesti Elf. She lounges seemingly without much worry at the moment, if involved in their conversation she's currently giving little nods and small replies while she rests, her head propped up lazily upon one hand, eyes closed. She'd dressed up in a light outfit of cloth, furs and accessories of metal and bone both. Calm and at ease, yet, most definitely and obviously to the sight, she is a half-ogre, born of that often tragic, often despised race. Nonetheless, whenever guest or prisoner of the elves she currently lies patiently in wait...

Yet, when the group arrives within sight, her wide nose would take the sniff at the air and her eyes would open, light blue as she gives a look at the incoming party of heroes. Her lips curl into a small smile as she pushes herself up into a sitting position, waiting for the moment.

spacer.pngGareth uth Fearfold, Knight of the Sword, Clerist of Habakkuk

AC 21 | HP 101/101 | HD 10/10d8 | Channel Divinity 3/2+1

Gareth sincerely thanks Derek. Crownguard's ego has been so massive, that he has been challenging Gareth's sponsor Gunther uth Wistan for leadership of the order for years. Relinquishing the dragon orb must have been tremendously difficult. "We'll deliver this orb to Sancrist together and complete the mission." He wraps the orb in part of his bedroll, so he doesn't have to touch it to move it, and secures it within his pack.

Gareth also thanks Aran for taking the leadership of the shipwreck and crew. He wishes him well and looks forward to reuniting.

~~~

At the Kargonesti camp, he nods toward Silvara acknowledging her request and walks over the odd figures. This knight stands a bit over six feet tall and wears a dazzling bejeweled pectoral amulet with a similar symbol hangs in front of the plate armor engraving of the crown, kingfisher, sword, and rose of the knighthood of Solamnia.  His ginger hair is short and full beard trimmed to look older.  His intense blue eyes constantly search.  On his weapons' belt hangs a helmet upside down containing a pair of gauntlets, a mace with its head magically, heatlessly flaming, and a sheathed dagger.  He shoulders a pack, crossbow, quiver, and a shield emblazoned with the symbol of a kingfisher displayed azure.  "Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Gareth uth Fearfold, a Knight of the Sword and clerist of Habakkuk who has returned. Habakkuk champions the perseverance of the soul and our struggle against adversity towards the greater good."

Respectfully gesturing toward Derek, he introduces, "and this is Derek Crownguard, a Knight of the Rose and my senior."

Mechanics

Action: Persuasion

Thorin Firestone

images.jpeg.729fcef46eb66285ce59d8d4e9bfc3e3.jpeg

Statblock

Thorin Firestone

Dwarf Drakewarden Ranger 10

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Outlander

Deity: Reorx

AC: 20

HP: 105

Str: 21 (+8)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 13 (+1)

Wis: 18 (+4)

Cha: 10 (0)

Saves:  Strength and Dexterity

Skills: Athletics, Nature, Stealth, Perception, Survival

Feat: Skill Expert

Melee Attack: WyrmSlayer +2 BattleAxe - +13 to hit      Handaxe x3 - +8 to hit

Ranged Attack: Heavy Crossbow - +8 to hit Handaxe x3 - +8 to hit

Flaw

I am too enamored of ale, dwarven spirits, and a good pipe at the end of the day. 

Personality Trait

I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching Draconian horde. I'd do it again if I had to. 

Ideal

It is each person's responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole clan.

Bond

My clan is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me. I want to bring honor to their name.

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Athletics +8
Acrobatics +4
Stealth +10
Sleight of Hand +4
Arcana +2
History +2
Investigation +2
Nature +5
Religion +2
Animal Handling +4
Insight +7
Medicine +4
Perception +10
Survival +7
Deception +0
Intimidation +0
Performance +0
Persuasion +0

Passive Perception: 18

Feats and Abilities 

Feats: Skill Expert

Race Traits

Class Features

Background Features

Proficiencies

• Armor: None
  • Weapons: None
  • Tools: Mandolin

Languages:

• Common
  • Dwarven
  • Draconic
  • Elvish
  • Hand Talk
  • Ogre
  • Plains Nomad

Spells

Spells Known: 
Cantrips: 
Thaumaturgy
Level 1 Spells: 
Detect Magic   
Goodberry
Fog Cloud
Level 2 Spells: 
Locate Object  
Lesser Restoration

Primal Awareness Spells: 

These can be done once a day.

Speak with Animals   
Beast Sense

Equipment

Equipment

• WyrmSlayer +2 Battle Axe
  • Heavy Crossbow
  • Hand Axe x3
  • Mithral Half Plate
  • Belt of Giant Strength
  • Explorer’s Pack
  • Flask of Dwarven Spirits
  • Jug of Ale
  • Pouch of Dwarven Smoking tobacco
  • Dwarven Pipe
  • Deck of Cards
  • Grooming Kit
  • Mirror
  • Assorted herbs and spices for cooking
  • Iron Pot
  • Mandolin
  • Shield

Drake Companion Stats

Name: Silvena
Size: Small/Medium
HP: 40
Proficiency Bonus:+3
Speed: 40
Saves: Dex +4, Wis +5
Abilities: STR 16(+3), DEX 12(+1), CON 15(+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 14(+2), CHA 8 (-1)
Damage Immunities:Cold
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft,

Passive Perception: 12
Languages: Draconic
Actions:
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 +3 piercing cold damage.
Reactions: Infused Strikes. When another creature within 30 feet of the drake that it can see hits a target with a weapon attack, the drake infuses the strike with its essence, causing the target to take an extra 1d6 cold damage

Thorin's hand tightens on the handle of his axe as the arrogant elf slaps Silvara. Though he was shocked when Araxis stepped forward and performed his bit of magic, it was certainly impressive. He was amazed at times the level of power the mage presented, as he was usually shy and stuck to the shadows. He gives a chuckle as the arrogant bitch was put in her place and how the tables had turned on her. He then happily left with Silvara to where she wanted to bring them. Silvena flew just above his head, at this point in her small size. When they got to their destination she flew around the clearing looking for anything that might be trying to sneak up on them. As he was introduced to the new folks he introduced himself "I am Thorin Firestone, I am a warden of my people and was sent to join this group in order to help them succeed in their missions. My friend here..." he points to Silvena who had just landed and began to sniff the newcomers "is called Silvena. Not to be confused with Silvara of course." he says with a wink to Silvara.

Telemachus Burrowdown (Tel)

Thief 2 Paladin 8TelMiskahal.jpg.fd9a9461ba0542be480bc65e303523b5.jpg
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 18 | HP: 86/86 | Lay on Hands: 40/40 | Passive Perception/Insight: 20/19

Tel nodded to the Kagonesti, then shifted his attention to the newcomers, glanced back at the Giant, and again at the Elf. He sighed visibly, exchanged brief words with the Elf, gave the Giant a nod of recognition, and approached the group. As introductions began, Tel crossed his arms and listened intently, nodding to each person in turn. After the introductions, he sighed again and spoke, "I am Telemachus Burrowdown, Servant of the Blue Lady. But please, call me Tel." He paused briefly, then added, "Our hosts mention you're passing through?"

Tel is unmistakably a Kender, yet his armor, lack of a smile, and absence of the traditional top-knot indicate he does not typify his race. Indeed, were it not for his short stature and the Hoopak, he could be mistaken for a gnome or a similar creature.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)

spacer.pngGareth uth Fearfold, Knight of the Sword, Clerist of Habakkuk

AC 21 | HP 101/101 | HD 10/10d8 | Channel Divinity 3/2+1

Gareth nods toward the kender. "Yes, we're traveling to Sancrist and were shipwrecked. A corpse of a white dragon landed on and broke our ship." He watches their reactions to the death of a dragon.

"Please excuse my ignorance. Who is the Blue Lady?"

Mechanics

Name
Insight (read reactions)
1d20+5 11

[fieldset=Kyra of the Spirit Elk][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/kt3X1iD.jpeg[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895703][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=DarkRed]Kyra of the Spirit Elk[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Half Ogre Giant Barbarian 10[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 143/143 [b]HD:[/b] 10/10d12 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Rages:[/b] 4/4 LR [b]Relentless Endurance:[/b] 1/1 LR [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table][/fieldset]
Kyra of the Spirit Elk
kt3X1iD.jpeg
Kyra of the Spirit Elk
Half Ogre Giant Barbarian 10
HP: 143/143
HD: 10/10d12
AC: 18
Rages: 4/4 LR
Relentless Endurance: 1/1 LR

Kyra's eyes practically sparkled as she hears the news of the dragon's death. Even sitting down she was higher up than one may expect in height... after all, her legs didn't contribute as much to it as a normal human's might. She didn't have to look too far up as she smiled to Gareth's report "So, you lot slew a white dragon?" she asks for a moment "Now, that's impressive... a grand feat. How big was it?" She asks curiously...

Yet a moment later she laughs at her own rudeness "My manners... I'm Kyra. First spear of the Spirit Elk Tribe of the Taman Busuk mountains. I walked a long way to kill dragons as you have, until they no longer cloud the skies. If you are going to keep killing dragons, you'll have an easier job with me there" says the ogre blooded woman confidently and quite directly. When the objective of her quest was put right in front of her, there's little reason to be patient instead of pouncing at it.

Telemachus Burrowdown (Tel)

Thief 2 Paladin 8Tel.jpg.a323823d69e568b7f9ec45e3459ffd41.jpg
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 18 | HP: 86/86 | Lay on Hands: 40/40 | Passive Perception/Insight: 20/19

"Mishakal" added Tel in response. "The Kender of Hylo refer to her as such. Lightbringer is how she is referred to in Solmania."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)