Baa Baa Black Sheep

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

The handshake is a pleasant surprise. Firm, professional, respectful. And the concern for his lieutenant, that hits a little differently. She notes the emotional shift. Perhaps there's more between Sophia and him than he's letting on?

Sophia's name isn't entirely unfamiliar. Some business had been conducted with her mother's side of the family when Xi's father still had the shop. Might Xi have met her or her family when negotiating on behalf of her father? It makes her a little nervous. Respectable family. Not like hers.

Taken together, it all softens Xiomara's initial impression of him. She returns the firm handshake and releases his hand. Dame's response spurs a genuine smile.

"Set your mind at ease. We'll take care of it," she says. "She'll have more peace of mind afterwards. But in the meantime, yes, maybe a distraction will be good. Maybe you should take her out, get her mind off things while we take care of it." She looks him up and down, smirking. "I'd recommend putting on a shirt. Or don't. You know her best."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Edited by jrsey (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham chuckled lightly.

Take her out? If only it were that simple a task.

He took the shirt and slipped it back on. Then sliding on the rest of his equipment.

Sophia aside, for a moment. The actual task. The Kessel is currently docked at the military yard. We would be providing you passage to Freebourne. You would speak with Admiral Gillian upon arrival for additional tasks and requirements. The festival itself is in five days. Travel would take about a day and a half given the Kessel's speed and assuming there isn't any bad weather to avoid. Still giving you a few days in the city to situate yourselves. The pirate Warlords in the area have been making things hectic all around. Captain Low's fleet of marauders specifically.

The mage paused.

There is also a group of Junkers to the south of the city. I don't imagine it being a major point of contention. But figured I'd mention it just the same. If the pirates decide to do something highly stupid, the Junkers may use it as an excuse to get involved as well. Rather you not get caught off guard.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

As the page collects them and leads them to their employer for this job Moxi considers what it could entail. Going into the pit she would notice the crowed before her cheering on...something. She shifted left and right to see if she could get a glimpse of what was going on then stretching up on her tip toes and then jumping a bit. Then the fleshy thuds. "Oooh! That's sounding painful." Then the crack. "That sounded like a rib or three." Then the final snap. "Oh, that's a jaw. that is most certainly a jaw...oh wait why am I guessing about this?" Moxi turns to get onto Rex, turning just in time to see the crowd clear a bit after cheers and boos. The fight that was happening had already ended but the time Moxi got to a reasonable height on top of Rex. "Well that figures." She said with a shrug as she sat down on Rex.

She listen's to the exchange between Dame, Xi and Rackam as she considers the variables. involved. "In general we're extra security ya? Oh Moxi. Nice to meet ya. Sounded like a heck of a fight. Uhm...but any who. This will be on land...right? I mean I know pirates are...quite adept at ruining peoples days, but yeah. I will need my lab. Anyway I could just drive there? I suppose I can pack enough to keep me for a a few days." Moxi considers the logistics of the requests. She would be leaving her home behind, but the travail would be faster it sounds then by land. Resources for her equipment might be an issue though. "I suppose worse case, I dust off the old crossbow."

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Xiomara hears the concern in Moxi's voice as she explains her dilemma. The mobile lab does present a little bit of a logistics problem.

"I plan on taking Boss with me. If you're not able to bring your lab, then he can hold things for you. He has the capacity. I travel light." She gives Moxi a reassuring smile.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham glanced down at the little Gremlin

I cant make any promises that events may not lead to some sort of combat on a ship. Be it on the water, or in the sky. The pirates of the area have ships capable of both. And while the Kessel is a smaller sleeker ship, and has limited capacity, giving it its speed. It is able to transport several steam mechanika. She is currently not tasked that, leaving her cargo mostly available. A few steads, or your lab? assuming it is portable would be able to be secured for the journey.

He glanced between the two women.

However I would recommend we take care of such cargo before the evening. Trying to do it in the morning will make things rushed. If you wish to do so now, before your "graduation festivities".

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer watched the fight, as often as she had been taught growing up with the Jymani, things were not always as they seemed. And her estimations were proven correct. This was not a matter of a larger opponent picking on a smaller one, but that of a smaller opponent seeking a challenge. Zaer let the others speak for them, she herself was already on board, and would be seeking how to best support her newly formed Drujba's.

"Yes Dame Crow, Drujba is correct, the dual translations are both accurate and perhaps the best description of our new motley crew." She looked over to Rackham and offered her hand as well, expecting a firm handshake as well, "Well met Captain, we will not fail you or Freebourne." Or Persona Non Grata.

OOC

Hearing Boss referred to as "cargo" rubs Xiomara the wrong way, but she doesn't let it show. Talking directly to Admiral Gillian is not something she relishes, particularly since she'll likely have to give her full name. Maybe he doesn't know his wife's family's business so well. Maybe it won't be a problem. Maybe Xiomara should just change her last name. It's the simplest solution, really.

"My horse is very special to me. I need your assurance that nothing will happen to him if he stays on the ship overnight," she says to Rackham. "Is there protection? A guard? If not, I'll stay and watch our things. I can celebrate when we get back from this job."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Posted (edited)

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham face shifted a bit to a more understanding expression as he noted Xio's response.

I didnt mean to belittle your horse's importance. I would likely be the same if someone referenced the Kessel as simply a boat. I cant say I've had the same bond with an animal. But the ship yard is on the city's military barracks. It doesnt get much more secure except the palace itself. There will be night watch both for the military quarter as well as the ship's own night watch itself.

He looked to Zaer and Dame.

If either of you have horses or necessary equipment let me know. As we can make arrangements to have it delivered to the Kessel, or we can get you to the ship yard to load it yourself.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

Xiomara nods, satisfied. She likes this guy. Respectful, courteous, honorable...she can forgive the bravado.

"I appreciate that, Chief Rackham. Besides, someone's gotta keep an eye on these ladies tonight. Can't let them get too wild," she says with a smile. She points at Dame, her smile morphing into a smirk. "Especially that one."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

"If I haven't broken at least three hearts or gotten as many challenges to fight me, it's not a real party. Anyone's free to try and stop me." Dame makes a couple of finger guns and points them towards the ceiling. "Pow, pow, pow."

She looks to her group, and then to Rackham. "So. Anything else before we make our preparations and all that? Conditions, quirks... how much we getting paid anyhow?"

She rubs the chin of her mask, thinking about that least question she asked. Can only assume it's worth their time, and even not, might just need a cheaper job or two first if need be.

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham glanced over to Dame.

I know what I'm paying the guild, minus letting them cash in a few favors owed. As for your take away. Guess thats between you and the guild. Keep in mind your tabs dont outweigh your payout.

He glanced over her outfit a bit again.

Speaking of which, ... Rowland still seems to be in fashion still. Glad to see he's still here.

The mage shook his head.

As for conditions, as mentioned, more details upon arrival in Freebourne.

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Moxi looks up appreciatively tow Xi. "Thank you, but that is not quite the issue. Rex also has saddle bags an I can carry quite a bit with him." Moxi says, though currently the saddle bags are in her van. She then looks up at Captain Rakham. "That's handy and all and good to note. Though...my lab is also my home. I have it set up in. I suppose I could see about staying at a place...will be weird, and might not get any sleep. But yeah if there's room I can drive it over today." Considering how quickly this sprang up Moxi wasn't even considering she would be needing to figure out another sleeping arrangement. She would need to make sure the chemical containers are secured again when she takes it to the shipyard. She won't make the mistake of not checking...again.

"Well looking forward to a first job and starting the grand Drujba tour...should make t-shirts."

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Xiomara looks around at her companions.

"Well, we have some things to take care of before tonight's celebrations. Zaer and I will make a quick trip and then I'll settle Boss on the airship. Meet back here tonight for the celebrations." She looks at Rackham. "Feel free to stop by if you wanna see the show."

She pauses, then reaches into a couple of the pockets on her belt and pulls out two small bags. She tosses them to Dame. They're heavier than she would expect, given the light effort Xiomara made to toss them over. They have a familiar feel, though, and Dame would likely recognize them right away as bullets. Forty rounds, to be exact.

"Take them. You'll get more use outta them than I will. I still have another twenty cartridges left."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

Those around can feel Dame's eyes widening and the gift of bullets Xi's offering her. "I... oh... I see..." For a moment it really does seem like the gunslinger has no words to say, and not just because someone outwitted her. She sound genuinely touched.

She looks up, straight at Xi. "You're my forever girl, Xi. You're just so beautiful."

She hops in place in excitement. "Woo! I got bullets! All right, Moxi. Xi helped me so I'm helping you. I'm at your disposal to do whatever you need. Had to learn some basics when it comes to guns and all, so figure it can't be all to much difference with your things. It's all metal, gears, passion, and a little sciency stuff."

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Dame's enthusiasm, declaration of love, and compliment catch Xiomara off-guard. Surprise is written all over her face. She clearly has no idea how to handle this situation.

"Thanks. Um, you're welcome."

'So smooth, Xi...'

The last thing she wants is to look flustered in front from Rackham. He's their first job. She wants to make a good impression. And yet, seeing Dame bounce in excitement makes that concern fade to the background. Xi smiles. For someone so serious about being unserious, Dame's authenticity is nice. Plus, she was speechless for, like, all of ten seconds. That's gotta be some kind of record.

The gunslinger is already onto the next topic, offering her assistance to Moxi. Xiomara listens to the two chat, waiting patiently for Zaer to indicate she's ready to leave.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action: