Baa Baa Black Sheep

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Moxi's ears twitched to the mention of her name. She lifts her head so her mouth is above the water level in response to Dame's "observations" "Zeke? I'm not into him. He was the first Jotun I've seen in person...I think that's what they are. Always heard the males were bald though, weird." Her head lowers again a few gurgles of bubbles come from in front of her as if she was trying to speak some more before lifting her head again. "He's got the personality of a saltine, very dry and unfun. Probably more so for the purpose of the test I'm sure...no, it's probably because of that dryness he is doing the proctoring...He didn't even answer if he named his pets or not!" Moxi's head bobs down into the water as frustrated gurgles bubble up some more.

After a bit of time, Moxi looks over to Xi and raises her head again. "We'll get the bull by the horn next time. Just need some patience to get to that level...and I'll need band aids...a lot of them I can see. But I would call any combat you walk away with your life a huge victory. It means you can get stronger instead of filling a hole." Her head shifts down again as she turns back to Dame. She nods and forgets stop breathing in as her nose goes under causing a bit of a flustered motion of the gremlin standing up and getting the water from her nose.

"Bleh, that was unpleasant," "But anywho...yeah we work well I think. With a bit of field work we should work even better." Moxi looks over to Rex for a moment. "Time to get out of the water baby. I need to get you oiled and buffed soon." Looking back to Xi as she is cleaning her armor. "If you need some oil for your armor I'll be getting Rexy taken care of at my van if your in need for some extra shine and protection?" Moxi says as she climbs out of the bath and begins drying herself and Rex off.

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer stepped out of the shower & up to a clean tub as Moxi was getting out. It had been a long time since she had a chance to soak in water, let alone a tub. Rivers were fine, but cold. There was something a bit magical about slipping into hot water. She twists her hair a bit to keep it from scattering as she got in."We did already work well with each other with little talking or training. There certainly is fine tuning to be done, but I have no doubt that next time we would be able to take on the bull." Zaer leaned against the tub, set her arms on the edge and relaxed sinking in to her shoulders.

OOC

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

Xiomara listens to the conversation. It's nice being with them, relaxing, shooting the breeze after a challenging day. The camaraderie is easy. This is something she hasn't really ever experienced, but it feels so natural. Maybe Tarsis won't be so bad. She finishes cleaning her armor and then begins donning it.

"We're definitely going to face that bull again. I'm going to take that thing down," she says as she adjusts the last piece of armor.

"I'm gonna go pay up. See you guys out there."

It's not that she doesn't want to stay and chat - she does. It's nice. But, honestly, she needs a little alone time right now to lick her wounds. She's always been hard on herself. Reassurances from others don't really do anything but make her frustrated, like they're trying to make her feel better for not rising to a challenge.

Xiomara makes her way back to Reska, pays her dues, and fills out her paperwork. Next, she finds Chaucer and waits until he's free to speak with him.

"Ready for my guild tat. And something else, if you have the time."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

"Well then, guess that's settled. Glad to be on a team." She gives Xi a friendly wave as she leaves. She continues with Moxi and Zaer. "It's real frustrating working solo. For one, it's a lot more dangerous. For two, no one around to appreciate my hard work and keen insights into a situation. I mean, goes both ways, I'll appreciate your work and jokes too." If either Zaer or Moxi pay close attention, they'll notice that she used "keen insights" and "jokes" as if they were interchangeable.

"Will give Xi a moment before I follow. Doesn't need me hovering over her while she gets inked." Dame knows herself well enough that she will not behave herself whatsoever if she watches Chaucer tattoo Xiomara. She truly is respecting Xi's decision. "So, uh... if I'm not going to find you all hot dates, and if I'm going to be sober for a bit... whatcha all want to talk about?" Perhaps Dame is a little out of practice having friends. She's certainly been eager to team up, but without fighting, raunchy jokes and comments, and without liquid courage, she's starting to find herself slightly off balance.

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Moxi Rei'Wen

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Moxi's ears drooped a bit as Xi made her exit. "See you out there!" Maybe she didn't hear the question? Hmm. Moxi looked over at Dame and Zaer as she got into the bath, still drying herself off. The concept of conversation perking her ears up again. "I am going to be putting the oil to Rex buuuut, have you any interest in travail or science? Maybe food...wait...I think I remember you mentioned something about not caring for that. hmmm. What was that got you into adventuring? Maybe reading? I kinda hide in my lab a lot. This is hard..."

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

image.png.81109b9b643ba7cdd70ab936ea5e4149.pngChaucer smiled as Xi sat down.

Glad to see you made it back. I mean I didnt have any doubt. Though your masked gunslinger gave me some concerns. The tattoos had a safety feature to pull you out if the worst was to occur. Thankfully it didnt end with that. D rank is a solid start to things. Very few people come in at C or higher unless they have war experience or their former high members in the Watchtower or Church.

He started to get a few supplies out for the ink.

Your friend got the wrist. Similar for you, or would you like something placed more personal?

He motioned at the other table that would allow her to lay down if she wanted the tattoo on something beyond just her arm and sitting in the chair.

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

"Eh, that all sounds pretty boring to me. But you know what? Boring things are kind of fun when they're not so boring to whoever's talking. I've learned to enjoy it when other people talk about their passion. Or make fun of them. Or both. But I like you, so let's just start with enjoy."

She sinks even lower, head and mask barely above the water now. "Tell me what interests you, and maybe it'll rub off on me. Inspire me to take on a new trade or hobby. Could use something else besides fighting and drinking. Maybe just one more thing. Three's a good number. Science. Food. Reading. Lab. Regale me with what is special for you. You too Zaer. What's intriguing and fascinating for you?"

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Xiomara laughs softly, cynically. Chaucer's praise falls flat. Even outmatched, she feels she didn't do a good job. The only thing she did was hold it off from harming her new friends - not much else. She decides not to get into it and instead focuses on the task at hand.

"The gunslinger ended up being the least of my worries," she says as she sits on the chair and extends her left hand. "Wrist is fine for the guild tattoo, but I want something else, too. Have any ideas for a tattoo of a bull? I want one on my stomach where it gored me."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Posted (edited)

image.png.81109b9b643ba7cdd70ab936ea5e4149.pngChaucer paused and looked her over silently for a moment, seeming to take all she said in.

I have a few designs I can go over with you. If the wrist is fine, we can knock that out quick. Once the other two are inked, we can go back and look at something. Or whenever you are ready.

He set up the needles and would go to work on tattooing her wrist with the black sheep.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

"Though our Dame Crow may not be into food Mox...I certainly am. And that fight put a hunger into me. And perhaps afterwards you could show me your van. If it is anything like our wagons you can move in it, live in it and sell goods from it. It is an all around perfect creation of form and function." She said her eyes closing as she lowered her shoulders under the water and just kept her head above.

"I enjoy reading stories of heroes. Each land has its own, yet the stories all reflect each other. Geoff of Hallover, Jeff of Halver, Jon of Hackber all different lands, very similar stories. But there are also some very trashy stories in each land. Though they are harder to find as the Nobles do not like to admit that they are the ones who write most of it, then ignore that they exist." She then dipped her head under the water and then resurfaced slowly. "And I like bold food, something with flavor, a good stew, lamb, goat, pork, one small town even made a meal of nothing but salad exiting. But unlike you Dame Crow, I am not one for strong drink. An addled mind makes it harder to play the rubes for their gold."

OOC

Moxi Rei'Wen

Moxi consider's Dame's words and Zaer's interests. The gremlin nods. "Well Foxy...oh wait...not the best with names. Zore? Zeer? Zaer...right Zaer. anywho. the food here is pretty good. Specially in the eve. Tarsis has quite the choice of options." Moxi says as her own stomach begins to growl. The biological fuel tank is starting to get low. Lunch time will be upon them before hand.

Considering Zaer's mention of the van Moxi thinks for a moment. "Hmm, is that you travailed. My van certainly is mine and Rex's home. It's my lab as well. Can't say I ever sold things from there...though that is not a bad idea. I can make some items that would be good to sell. Oh and I did see the guild has a library. I am going to spend some time there when I can. I have this neat extract that allows me to read really fast and another one for helping with translating words so in combination I can just read whatever's there and not have to slow down to translate. Very useful for research. Speaking of...how do your cards work. Is there some sort of prep you need to do for those? The laughing was a bit weird, but I am guessing that was for creating a continuous anchoring affect on the creature? Can you do that to multiple creatures at a time, It seems very useful but limited if you can't"  Moxi's thought processes were going several directions at the possibilities for how Zaer's magic worked.

She looked back to Dame as she was finishing up with rex. "What got you all started with adventuring, if you don't mind. Mine is easy. Research and I wouldn't mind seeing different places."

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Dame lets out a very long, characterful sigh. "That question is... reasonable." The gears are turning in Dame's head, and the two can tell that Dame is thinking hard. It's becoming clear that she can pause, reflect, take her time, to work things out in her head, and not just say things unfiltered. She just doesn't like to.

"I'll make you all a deal, Xi included. One of you saves my life, I'll spill it out. All of it. The adventuring, my one and only, and my sense of fashion that just screams 'girl with issues'. Can't imagine it'll be all that hard in our line of business."

She straightens up a bit, and it's then that both Moxi and Zaer can catch something. There's noticeable scarring on the left side of her neck that seem to lead up to behind the mask. Part of the scar extends to the throat area. "For now, I've a need to get stronger. And I ain't got no patience for studying, or training, or looking inward and connecting with some sort of divine savior. A good gun and practice seems more my speed."

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

Xiomara sits quietly through the tattoo, watching Chaucer work. He has a gentle hand, but even so she does not show whether it's uncomfortable or painful. When he's done, she thanks him and promises to return for a consultation on the bull tattoo.

She looks around for the other ladies, but they're nowhere to be seen. Confused, she makes her way back to the bath house. The ladies are inside, chatting away. Xi leans against the doorframe, arm resting on the butt of her falchion, and smiles at them.

"Have you been soaking this whole time? Lazy, lazy, lazy," she teases.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

"That's right. If I could get paid to lay about and do nothing, I would. Would be awesome." Since Zaer and Xi have both received their tattoos, and Moxi is busy working on Rex, it falls to her to go next. She gets out of the bath wrapping herself in a pair of towels, one for her body, a second to wrap around her neck like a scarf. If Xi is one to give even a glance, she too can catch some of the scars on the neck before it's wrapped up.

Still dripping, still barefoot, Dame makes her way out back into the bar heading to Chaucer, not caring if another temporary outfit was provided or not. She's still wearing the now wet beaked mask.

There's a good chance Chaucer, or others, might think she actually is going to get herself tattooed somewhere she shouldn't wearing only towels. However, Dame's already forgotten that jest, especially since there's been at least a couple dozen jabs and jokes since then. "All right, pretty boy. Back of the left hand. That way people can see it when I flip them off, and can also shoot them with my right at the same time." She puts to rest any thought if her choice was due to any modesty.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

image.png.81109b9b643ba7cdd70ab936ea5e4149.pngChaucer glanced over Dame with a mixture of amusement and question as she made her way in, wearing only the towel and the dripping mask. He motioned for her to sit, firmly expecting her to take a less than proper position in the chair to not have the towel serve any purpose of covering certain areas.

He went about getting the ink and needles ready after he readjusted the arm rest of her to put it down to be more comfortable for the process.

You sure you're comfortable with that on being wet? I'll not be rude and ask you to take it off. You're privacy on that and reasoning is your business. I can find you something else to cover with though, if you'd like to get that cleaned and dried... If you are content with the hand location, it shouldnt take long.

The question came across and genuine.

You're friend Xi, is also looking to come back for another tattoo to commemorate her battle with Zeke's brazen bull.

He paused. A bit of a side glance over at her in the towel. It was a rough gauge if he was actually look at her exposed skin as an artist coming up with ideas for new piece of art, or something else.

...The canvas offer for you still stands too.