Baa Baa Black Sheep

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 20

- Blur: 20% miss chance (concealment)

- Enemies in my threatened area: DC to cast spells defensively increases by 2

HP: 13/52 | TEMP HP: 8 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +10, Reflex: +4, Will: +7, +2 bonus on saving throws against spells that I or an ally casts

Passive: Perception: 15

The bull rears up and charges Xiomara. She attempts to swing at it, but the searing pain in her abdomen is too much: she misses. As it knocks her over and tramples her repeatedly with its hooves, a long-forgotten memory surfaces. Her mother, after a particularly ugly argument with her father over his drinking, hammering a cut of meat with a tenderizer. She'd continued long past when the meat was sufficiently softened. She pounded and pounded and pounded until it was a liquified sludge of collagen and meat. Xiomara feels as though she's at the receiving end of that tenderizer, so thoroughly bludgeoned is she by the bull's hooves. Her cry of pain is interrupted by a sharp hoof strike to the face.

When it finally moves past her, she gasps for breath and tries to roll over. Every muscle and bone in her body flares in pain and agony. Still, she rises. Xiomara uses the handle of her halberd to pull herself upright. One eye won't open. She can't tell if it's just swollen shut or if it's permanently damaged. Somewhere behind her, Dame asks if she's alright. She takes a shallow breath to try and respond, but the surge of pain from her lungs cuts the words off in her throat.

At this point, she sees two options: run or attack. If she runs, then her companions will be targeted by this monstrosity. If she pursues and attacks, then maybe she can buy them some time. Time to put some distance between themselves and the bull, time to pump some more damage into it, time to do whatever they want. Xiomara remembers her thoughts at the beginning of the fight with some bitterness. She doesn't want to die, but that is a reality now. Better her than her friends, though.

Grunting through the searing pain, she lifts her falchion, sets her one good eye on the bull, and charges forward. Each step is torture. Bone grinds against bone. Muscles don't move the way they should. Her lungs burn with each breath. Holding up her weapon is an act of sheer will. She finally reaches the bull's head after what feels like an eternity.

With a howl of mixed rage and agony, she raises her falchion to strike the bull's eyes. At the apex of her swing, however, something shifts in her back. Her nerves scream and her body spasms. She falls to her knees, the blade's tip burying itself a few inches in the ground. She leans against the falchion and bellows her anguish and frustration at the grass. Tears slip unbidden down her cheeks. The pain is just too much.

"K-Kill...it!!" she growls out between gritted teeth.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action: Moves 20 ft to the right to be even with the bull's head.

Standard Action: Power attack: Natural 1.

Full Action:

Edited by jrsey
Updated HP to 13. (see edit history)

https://i.ibb.co/J2sCXY8/9kZee.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer watches the bull creature run over Xi. Somehow she continued to survive. It was nothing short of a miracle, and as such Zaer decided to keep her up and alive. She took a step closer and let out her sultry and disturbing laugh to extend the hex yet another turn. She then drew healing magic and infuse a Harrow card with its healing power and threw it at Xi.

OOC

5' step, Move action to extend Hex & standard action to throw Harrow Card to range touch Xi with 12 points of healing.

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Seeing Xi barely holding up, even the little bit of healing offered by Zaer seemed like it would be swept aside in an instant with how quickly the Brazen Bull did work on the bloodrager. Moxi belted out a command to Rex, louder then one anticipate the tiny squeaky voiced gremlin to give. "Rex! Defend Xi!"

Rex ran up beside the beleaguered ally growling at the bull ready to defend Xi. All the while Moxi pulls out a bomb holding her thumb over the plunger to activate it as she ran from one side of the tree trunk to the other. Calling up to Zeke, Moxi readies an attack depending on the "Tamers" answer. "Test or no. The squishy needs to end on Xi before she can't inflate anymore. How bout y'all. Can we call it? Most important thing of hunting is knowing when to run away...if possible of course. And Xi's life is worth more then this test is."

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: Command to Defend Xi DC 25, Success, , rolled in Discord

Swift Action:

Standard Action: Rex Bite, Hit's deals 6 piercing damage. Moxi Throws bomb, Hit's deals 12 Fire Damage. Rolled in Discord.

Move Action: Rex moves up next to Xi, Prepared action to Aid to defend Xi from Bull, Moxi 30 feet move to under bull. Ready Throw if Zeke does not call off his pet

1 more rounds of Adhesive Spittle, foe -2 to hit, -4 to dexterity.

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

image.png.cbac00d174d52f4ec683aad13de282e7.pngZeke raised a hand at Moxi's comment.

The bull shifted and readjusted itself in its spot and snorted a bit of green mist. It however did not move or attack.

I have a call for the test to cease. Are there any others? Ending now will result in the test being marked as incomplete and rank will not be increased beyond the last test completion.

He looked over to his side at Zaer, then towards Dame.

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

Dame stops, and looks over to Zeke. "Wait, so you can like... order them around? Not just 'out of the ball', 'into the ball'? Well damn, that's nifty." Dame wants to summon monsters too. She doesn't want to put whatever work or make whatever sacrifice it takes, but she wants it nevertheless.

"Eh, sure. I surrender. These three ladies are young, and have long lives ahead, can climb up the ranks in time. And I'm just an adorable little ol' Granny looking for one last hurrah. Can we be D plus? Super D? Extra Large D?" She lowers her gun, but doesn't put it away until the bull is.

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

AC: 20

- Blur: 20% miss chance (concealment)

- Enemies in my threatened area: DC to cast spells defensively increases by 2

HP: 17/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +10, Reflex: +4, Will: +7, +2 bonus on saving throws against spells that I or an ally casts

Something lightly touches Xiomara's shoulder with a soft thwack. Instantly she feels the worst of her pain melt away. Her closed eye reopens and she feels that she has more control over her body now.

'Healed? But by whom?'

It likely wasn't Dame: her skills are more offensive. It might be Moxi, but her spells are a bit more dramatic. This was subtle and gentle. It must have been Zaer. Xiomara takes a deep breath. Her lungs ache, but the burning pain she felt previously is gone. She'll have to thank Zaer later.

Before she can react, she hears Moxi call for a ceasefire and Dame agree to surrender. It comes as a bit of a shock. Her initial reaction is disappointment; her rage flares briefly. She's just been healed - she can do this! Xiomara raises her head as the bull shifts in front of her, responding to Zeke's command. She looks the beast over, fighting with herself about whether to continue or surrender.

She knows she is outmatched. Between the goring and the trampling, that much is clear. But the burning desire to draw blood and best her opponent is strong. It's difficult for her rational mind to override the primal bloodlust. Still, Moxi's words ring in her ears: "Xi's life is worth more then this test is."

Did she let them down? She'd done her job taking the brunt of the beast's aggression, but it wasn't enough. If she was stronger, then the battle could have continued. They could have defeated this creature and taken the next rank. Her bloodrage fades as her focus shifts from emotion-fueled anger to disappointment and rationality. The pain throughout her body increases once more, though not as bad as it was before.

These women, her fellow Drujba, they care. Before today, the only thing that kept her alive was the brutal force of her will. Nobody was there to save her, protect her, or look out for her - it was all up to her. And she'd paid for it in the past: the scars that pepper her body tell the story of many a close end. But now...now she has people, mere strangers a day ago, intervening to help her. It's an uncomfortable and new feeling, but she is thankful for it.

Xiomara winces as she stands up, using the falchion for assistance. She raises her eyes to look at Zeke.

"I surrender," she says reluctantly. She looks to the bull and gives it a tired half-smile. "Sorry about the butt thing."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action: Stands up.

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Edited by jrsey (see edit history)

https://i.ibb.co/J2sCXY8/9kZee.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer watches the scene pause, the creature not trample Xi again, and...a pause. As her companions began to call the battle Zaer believed that this was a good thing. "I believe that this is a good thing. Pushing ourselves to death would not prove our place and will keep us taking jobs within our ability and not over our heads. It is an accord. We all agree to end this test." She says before climbing down the tree, once her foot touches ground she dusted off her hands and put away her wand.spacer.png

"Great work Drujbas, Moxi, that doggo of yours is certainly a good boy. Crow, remind me to stay on your good side and Xi. I now know what I will be hiding behind when combat begins." she says while adjusting her shawl and then looking at her nose. They would be returning to the city, and she would need to put her face back on. She concentrates for a moment and her face again shifts, her fur retreats into her and her nose shrinks, returning her to her human mask.

OOC

image.png.cbac00d174d52f4ec683aad13de282e7.pngZeke made another motion with his hand. The bull gave a bit of a disappointed grunt and disappeared back into a green glow. The light then shot back into the sphere in his other hand.

The test is declared over. There is no additional advancement. Your D rank however is still a respectable showing for a first attempt. Anything C or above is rare for first timers or those with no previous guild experience. Do not feel discouraged. Nith will of course aid those of you in need of healing.

He kneeled down to put the sphere back in the chest.

Reska can see you back to the guild hall when you are ready. Finalize necessary paperwork.

He paused as he stood back up to his feet. Zeke nodded to them.

Welcome to Persona Non Grata

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

Dame gives a nod and a casual wave back in acknowledgement and acceptance to Zeke. She feels he's way too serious, but with being accepted and the fighting over she can take a break from giving him flack.

Reska, however...

"Hey, Reska! I'm a gonna need a list of all the eligible people in the Guild, what strange quirks they got, and what lights a flame in their hearts. I've got to make sure my girls here have a menu for our welcome party. There's a welcome party right?!" She has to yell her words as she loads her revolver back to full and puts it away.

She gives the others a big thumbs up though it's not quite clear which thing she's giving a thumbs up for. She stretches her hands out with several pops and cracks in her knuckles. She's still an awful, bloody mess from the second fight but doesn't seem to mind or notice all that much.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Moxi let out a sharp breath as the bull vanished. She picked up the small cover from the ground and placed it back over the plunger of her bomb, tucking it securely within her alchemist bag. Looking up to Zaer. "Absolutely, Foxy...awww, you look so cute the other way. I mean you cute this way to but aw well...anyways. Rexy is such a good boy. Arn't ya baby. You are getting a good buffing and oiling when we get back. Are you in need of some help Xi? Sorry for calling it, but I was worried. I am sure we could have overcome the critter, but at what cost." Moxi walked over to check on Xi.

Her face grimaced a bit as she got up closer seeing just what kind of carnage was taking place on the blood maiden. "Ya know, on second thought...not sorry I called you, you look like Hell." Moxi barely registers what Dame says about parties and menus and just nods. "Sure...drink would be lovely. Bath might be better."

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Edited by Seardon (see edit history)

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Xiomara's falchion falls to the ground when the bull vaporizes and is pulled back into its strange ball. Utter exhaustion adds an extra layer of suck onto the pain she was already experiencing. Thankfully, that part is temporary. With time, her energy will return. She secures her halberd on her person, then leans down to retrieve her falchion from the grass. It is...messy. Grunting with each movement, she wipes the blade on the grass until it is visibly clean. Well, as much as it can be.

Rex is standing nearby. Xiomara's unsure if he's watching or resting - if either can be done by such a creation. Still, he stood steadfast and ready to protect her. Machine or flesh, Rex was a brave, good boy. She reaches out and pats his head gently as Moxi approaches from behind. She stands up and secures her falchion at her side while turning to face the gremlin woman. She laughs as Moxi grimaces at the sight of her.

"Good, don't be sorry. I am thankful that you looked out for me. I can get tunnel vision sometimes when the red mist falls. It is good to know you have my back. I will be alright, though, after seeing Nith."

She hears Dame call out to Reska and shakes her head, smiling. Hardly a minute out of combat and she's back to her bawdy self. It's fantastic. Xiomara pats Moxi's shoulder, then walks over to Zaer. Seeing the woman back in her human form is startling. Strange that she would only reveal her true face during the contest. Xiomara wonders why that might be, but doesn't dwell upon it too long.

"Thank you, Zaer, for whatever you did to heal my wounds. I only wish I could have fought a little longer to make that worth your while. I'll make it up to you next time." She smiles tiredly, but there is a twinkle of humor in her eyes. "I would hug you, but I'm a little dirty."

She gives Zaer a gentle tap on the arm with her fist, then practically drags herself over to Nith. She gives the masked woman a sheepish smile.

"Hello, Nith. Can you please heal me again?"

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Edited by jrsey (see edit history)

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer breathed a sigh of relief when the beast dissapeard, she was already that the fight was over, but as she was in range of a trample, the beast returning to its ball was a welcome sight.

"I understand your sentiment Mox, but I have found that in the lands of men, too much strange is, too much. It draws more attention than I am used to. And perhaps this land may be different, but I am not yet confident." Certainly the way Dame Crow dressed, and well Moxi being Moxi perhaps this is something that would change soon, but at this time, this was a mask that she was able to hide behind.

Zaer drifted over to Nith and Xi. "It is of no consequence Xi. I can cast close magic at a short distance through my Harrow cards. It keeps me a bit from danger, but as with all arcane magic, it is limited by what I can memorize each day. The gamble of healing you before the match was called was one I was willing to take. I am not sure you could have taken another hit like that and lived to tell the tale without aid."

OOC

image.jpeg.32ccff75366ad6962c9edd451ca4c2db.jpegNith came bouncing over to the group, along with Reska making her way up slowly behind.

The little masked girl stopped in front of Xi and looked her up and down. There was a moment of hesitation before she reached up and removed the kabuki mask. There was a suddenly odd pulse that seemed to resonate from her. Like a seal being broken. It seemed to reach out across the expanse of the area.

Under the mask she still had another over the lower half of her face. Her eyes were visible now and it allowed her hair to tumble down a bit more over her shoulders and down her back. There was an odd unearthly gleam that seemed to radiant from her eyes. She spoke again, still in a sung fashion, though it was more melancholy and slow.

Black sheep, come home..
Black sheep, come home...
Black sheep, come home...

So close, no matter how far

Forever trusting who we are

Life is ours, we live it our way...

Black sheep, Welcome home

Nith's hands glowed, and the light fully enveloped Xi. Bones popped back into place with ease, cuts sewed themselves shut once again. Her eye that had felt out of socket, shifted and moved back into proper place. The broken tooth she didnt know she was missing yet, regrew. A moment later the light faded. The only implication of any sort of combat from Xi was from the blood covered clothes she wore and the damage to said clothes.

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

When Nith removes her mask, an invisible pulse washes over Xiomara. She freezes, spellbound. There is something about Nith's eyes that seem to fix her in place. From somewhere in the distant past, her mother's voice echoes through her mind: "It's rude to stare", but she is so captivated by Nith that she hardly notices it. The slow cadence and melancholy tone of the young woman's song weave into her mind. It saturates her consciousness, sitting warm and heavy in her head like a plush fur blanket. The pain dulls; her heartbeat pulses in time with the music.

As the song finishes, light envelops Xiomara and the warm anesthetic weight in her head begins to slide down her spine and spread outward to her extremities. Bones pop and shift, flesh stitches back together, her eye moves back into place with a snap, and something tingles in her mouth. The process isn't painful, but it is uncomfortable. Her entire body feels alive in a way she'd never experienced it before. It's extremely unsettling.

When her body stills and the warm weight melts away, she blinks a few times and finally tears her eyes away from Nith. Xiomara touches her fingertips to the frayed hole where the bull's horn buried itself in her abdomen. Her skin is smooth. She presses down gently, testing. There is no pain and no sign of the devastating injury she endured. Everything is as it was before. She presses harder, but the only thing she feels is the normal pang of discomfort from poking oneself too hard.

Xiomara has been injured severely in the past. She has the scars to prove it. But never was she gored so deeply as she was today. That bull had nearly gutted her and to not even have a scar...her mind can't process it. This magical healing, it changes everything. No more will she have to wait for her body to heal itself and see whether a scar remains. Most would probably be thankful. After all, scars are "ugly" by most peoples' standards. For her, though, it is bittersweet.

Her body is a testament to her will to survive, what she has endured, what she has overcome. Scars are the lessons that have chosen to stay written on her body. Wizards lock themselves in libraries to study dusty tomes and record their findings in spellbooks. Bards attend colleges and learn to weave their magic into songs or speeches. But Xi? Her lessons were delivered on the streets and her teachers were harsh. Her body chose which lessons were important enough to record permanently and which were mere passing inconvenience.

A more religiously-bent person might view all of this as divine, what with the body being a temple. To Xiomara, though, it is less mystical: her body is her spellbook, her songbook, her crystal ball, her blessed amulet, or whatever other thing people use to wield their powers. Her body is her conduit, her record, her roadmap. If her body can no longer reflect back life's most important lessons, then what does that mean for her?

"Thank you, Nith," Xiomara says softly, still somewhat stunned by the woman's power. And those eyes...

She bows her head slightly in respect and steps back a few paces to allow anyone else healing who may need it. The blood that covers her from head to toe is drying in some places, although droplets still roll in slow streaks down her back from her hair. She doesn't seem to notice or mind. Lost in thought, she leans her forearm on the butt of her falchion and waits.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Dame walks up in time to catch most of it and see that Nith is something like an onion. Peel off the top mask, and there's a new person underneath. She can only assume removed the cloth covering her mouth and maybe a third personality will emerge. For all the true-but-misleading and outright false reasons Dame has given for wearing her mask, she's never thought of something as creative and strange as Nith's situation.

There's something very odd about her. Makes Dame glad they're on the same team.

She pats Xi on the shoulder, then pulls her into a side hug for a moment. "Good as new. I'm impressed, you're crazier than me. I mean, I'm not trying to win any prize or anything, just find there aren't that many who'll be even more reckless."

She turns to Reska who as far as Dame can tell is not writing up a list of who she can pair with her new friends, with the Drujba. Sometimes if you want a job done, you go to do it yourself. "So, what now?" She looks down at her own clothes now covered in red. "Moxi has a point about a bath. Anything with, uh... some privacy? I'm the bashful type. Or... got to fill out your forms first?"

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction: