General Thread

I will try and get a post out today, do we need to roll to see who goes first for the new round or does it stay the same for the rest of the combat?

2 hours ago, Excior said:

I will try and get a post out today, do we need to roll to see who goes first for the new round or does it stay the same for the rest of the combat?

In this game, the initiative roll determines combat order for the entire encounter.

40 minutes ago, roryb said:

In this game, the initiative roll determines combat order for the entire encounter.

Since I am unarmed how does combat work? do the monsters get an advantage or whatever since I am not armed?

Good questions! There's no disadvantage invoked between armed vs unarmed. Fisticuffs and improvised weapons do 1d3 damage plus half your strength, which in Jouka's case is still considerable. Attacking is 2d6 + Agil + Melee.

1 hour ago, roryb said:

Good questions! There's no disadvantage invoked between armed vs unarmed. Fisticuffs and improvised weapons do 1d3 damage plus half your strength, which in Jouka's case is still considerable. Attacking is 2d6 + Agil + Melee.

Jouka wants to put a sleeper hold on the naga thing what kind of roll will that be?

3 minutes ago, Excior said:

Jouka wants to put a sleeper hold on the naga thing what kind of roll will that be?

Just assume that your description is the fluff, but the mechanics would be the same as I described above. Conceivably, even if he only did minimum damage (3 pts), you could still spend a Hero Point to do the Bloody Slash/Crushing Blow to do an additional +6 damage and take them out in one turn.

Or... as Balathu did, you could spend a Hero Point for "Twist of Fate" to declare that some piece of iron scrap nearby is perfectly suited as a giant-sized flail-like weapon and use it to attack at your full ability.

17 minutes ago, Excior said:

Additionally, if successful, you could actually grapple your opponent on a successful attack. If the thing wanted to break free, it would have to roll a strength-based task using Jouka's strength as a negative modifier.

I rolled in my character thread but have not posted fluff since I wanted to see what the roll was before I posted

Question, I tried to roll 1d6/2+2 and got a result of 3.5 can I round that up to 4?

How do you roll 1d3 with the dice roller? I liked using [roll]1d3[/roll] or however it was on the old site lol.

GM sorry for all the questions, I will get the fluff out shortly after answering my remaining questions