Out of character

@raschlain Great roll! Your total power is +3 (1 from tag and two front the status) so you get to ask 3 things.

@Feirgon You get to succeed and kill the man, but his team mate nearby will try to intercept you. You have to choose: either you roll face danger against shotgun-3 or you burn the "Maria" tag as you dodge and it gets lost in the mud.

@LuckiDays You can post your action if you want, but it will take effect after Brianna makes her choice.

Okay, here's what I've got:

1. What can you tell me about what's happening here tonight?

2. What do you know about Darnell Fox? Sounds like he had an angry confrontation and just dropped dead.

3. Have you heard of any other deaths or odd events happening?

On 4/20/2024 at 3:42 PM, Samanos said:

Theo can try that sure. It would have to be a prophecy, I'd say either convince or take the risk.

However I'll invoke Dark and Stormy night as the weather might make it difficult for anyone to hear you so you would roll with 1 less power.

I'll take Convince & I'll have Theo shout from as close as he can get to the back of the bar without exposing himself directly to the gang outside.

Will that change anything? Where would Theo be in that case?

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)

4 hours ago, LuckiDays said:

I'll take Convince & I'll have Theo shout from as close as he can get to the back of the bar without exposing himself directly to the gang outside.

Will that change anything? Where would Theo be in that case?

Theo would have to be next to the back door, behind the bystanders. Away from shotgun range I'd say.

However the Boys are about to go Berserk-2, because Brianna just killed one of their own in front of them. I think they will take the status Theo imposes and ignore his agenda.

Unless otherwise prompted, Allan will accompany Theo and engage the fight.

17 hours ago, Samanos said:

Theo would have to be next to the back door, behind the bystanders. Away from shotgun range I'd say.

However the Boys are about to go Berserk-2, because Brianna just killed one of their own in front of them. I think they will take the status Theo imposes and ignore his agenda.

Unless otherwise prompted, Allan will accompany Theo and engage the fight.

So, do I roll before or after Bri's Face Danger?

@Feirgon Insane roll. Since you have Dynamite, you get to pick:

-Reflect the attack back to the attacker (Apply an appropriate status of equal power back at them)

-Enhance your ddefence and gain an appropriate 1-tier status.

7 hours ago, LuckiDays said:

I've rolled my Convince. Now, hopefully, that could help Brianna in some way.

Edit 1: Added some more flavour text for Theo's ability.

Since the Boys are a collective with a size factor 1 and you are targetting all of them, this reduces the tier of your status by 1. So the status will be ''Afraid of Dying 2''.

For reference, the Boys (4 members) currently have the following statuses and tags:

Berserk - 2

Tactical formation - 2

Afraid of Dying -2

Body armour

I don't know what the situation will look like when Declan gets out there, but the overall objective would be to provide covering fire for the two close quarters combatants to either get close or withdraw, as the situation demands. Heading out, the immediate concern would be to drive back attackers from Theo or Brianna if the situation is looking grim for them.

44 minutes ago, Samanos said:

@Feirgon Insane roll. Since you have Dynamite, you get to pick:

-Reflect the attack back to the attacker (Apply an appropriate status of equal power back at them)

-Enhance your ddefence and gain an appropriate 1-tier status.

Sehkmet wants blood. She'll go with reflect. Also, I have a question about actions and order.

Is Face Danger an action or reaction?

If Face Danger isn't an action, do I get to take an action now? (Night Hood wants to Change the Game, since she is currently weaponless)

Are we using the simple one action per person until everyone has acted? (I actually prefer this in PbP)

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Feirgon said:

Sehkmet wants blood. She'll go with reflect. Also, I have a question about actions and order.

Is Face Danger an action or reaction?

If Face Danger isn't an action, do I get to take an action now? (Night Hood wants to Change the Game, since she is currently weaponless)

Are we using the simple one action per person until everyone has acted? (I actually prefer this in PbP)

EDIT: What kind of status do you want to impose?

Face danger is a reaction. It triggers when you are threatened or about to take a status.

And yes you get to have an action now :) What's your plan for Changing the Game?

On turn order, City of Mist is different than Dnd style games. For pbp purposes however, I also prefer letting everyone do an action per turn. I don't count movement as an action by itself, unless the distance is far enough. If someone wants to do something complex that would require several rolls then its a case by case basis on how long it takes.

Edited by Samanos (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Samanos said:

EDIT: What kind of status do you want to impose?

Face danger is a reaction. It triggers when you are threatened or about to take a status.

And yes you get to have an action now :) What's your plan for Changing the Game?

On turn order, City of Mist is different than Dnd style games. For pbp purposes however, I also prefer letting everyone do an action per turn. I don't count movement as an action by itself, unless the distance is far enough. If someone wants to do something complex that would require several rolls then its a case by case basis on how long it takes.

Well, I'm thinking that leaning into the literal bloodlust works well here, so maybe heavy-bleeding? Arterial-cut?

She wants to find a weapon and then infuse it with Lioness's Roar. I am guessing this would be a status?