Out of character

Can I also make my character, Theo, work part-time with one of your characters?
Just so my 17 yo boy can have an excuse for his family to go out into the night? And optionally, have a ride he can take to the diner?

I'll post my intro post but leave the above details vague & unclear so everyone can answer the above in later posts.

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)

I don't think Brianna would be likely to take on a partner, but if no one else feels inclined to add a connection with Theo, we could maybe say that she might be helping I'm as one would an apprentice. Like an apprenticeship on vigilantism.

That being said, she wouldn't be driving or offering rides for Theo. Also, she has no legitimate job, so there would be no real excuse to be hanging out with her at all, let alone at night.

I can see Declan having a soft spot for younger folks who wind up in this sort of business but as a new player it may be challenging for me to pull off.

If it doesn't suit anyone else's character, though, I'm happy to give it a go.

Great start everyone! I'll wait a few more hours for @Perlin to have a chance to introduce his character and then post.

Regarding Theo's apprenticeship, if I was a parent and my kid was going out in the middle of the night for "work stuff", I would be asking questions. As the MC, that's fine by me (More opportunities to insert drama into the story) but perhaps it would be easier to say he sneaked out of his house?

10 minutes ago, LuckiDays said:

I will also wait for @Perlin's input on this. But generally, sneaking out does sound good.

Allan wouldn't do his vigilante stuff with an apprentice, but you're free to have your character fulfill some part-time role at his store (guarding it, managing the register, etc) during the night if you wish

15 minutes ago, Perlin said:

Allan wouldn't do his vigilante stuff with an apprentice, but you're free to have your character fulfill some part-time role at his store (guarding it, managing the register, etc) during the night if you wish

Managing the register sounds better.

4 minutes ago, LuckiDays said:

Managing the register sounds better.

Alright, I'll edit my post in the intro thread to clarify that

Yeah, hit the dice icon on the top right of your latest post and pick one of the options there. From what I understand, this button is specifically to add a roll to an existing post. I suggest the second one.

There's an in-depth guide for the dice roller on the site here.