Out of character

Yep you can ask them here or inside a spoiler box in the game thread and I'll reply with an in character post.

Since the roll was a mixed success I get to ask you the following question:

What is Theo's greatest sorrow?

1 hour ago, Samanos said:

Yep you can ask them here or inside a spoiler box in the game thread and I'll reply with an in character post.

Since the roll was a mixed success I get to ask you the following question:

What is Theo's greatest sorrow?

I will also answer that inside a spoiler box in the game thread.

Edit: It is done. If you want me to further develop the details of his Defining Event, I can make a backstory & send it to you to check for things I need to correct.

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)

Hey, everyone, during this week (and maybe the next week after, who knows), I will probably be posting less frequently than I would have liked. The workload & deadline from my job had become too much & I have to rush some work back at home.

So I am sorry if I can't catch up at times.

I think we are ready to move to the next scene, does anyone have anything else to ask Das?

Also, how does everyone want to approach the investigation? Do it in groups of two and if so, which places do you want to visit first?

Well, I think they'd prolly be wondering about what to do about the next planned murder. Unless they hope to catch the guy before that night.

Other than that, I'd say investigating witnesses seems undoubtedly valuable but so would searching for rumors on the streets. I imagine Brianne probably has contacts who tell her about crimes and Declan would have some contacts from his business.

So we end up with a potential two stage investigation:

Stage 1: witnesses

Stage 2: Rumors about new powers or the bald man

Allan has no questions to ask. I'm good with any method of moving forward with the investigation, but talking to witnesses and staying in groups is my preference.

Brianna is cool with whatever plan we decide, so maybe we should stay as a group? I guess the next thing to decide is who do we speak with first? My suggestion is do this investigation sequentially, so we should start with Martha Ellis and Syrus Smith.

Thoughts?

Edited by Feirgon (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Feirgon said:

Brianna is cool with whatever plan we decide, so maybe we should stay as a group? I guess the next thing to decide is who do we speak with first? My suggestion is do this investigation sequentially, so we should start with Martha Ellis and Syrus Smith.

Thoughts?

I think that the consensus is along those lines, yeah. Stay as a group, approach witnesses first. If someone wants to make an investigate roll to talk to contacts about the mysterious hooded man or about any of the locations you are about to visit, we can do it ooc here, and I'll add it to the case file.

The Washboard is a good first step, as it's the only one of the three open to people during this time of night. For the sake of keeping momentum, I'll make a post with it, but if anyone decides they want to approach a different location, let me know and I'll make a second (or third) post.

9 hours ago, LuckiDays said:

I'm okay with the Washboard. Also, how frequently can we apply our weakness tags to rolls?

Book says once per move, and it has to directly affect your action.

If we're talking about multiple times within the same scene I'm fine with that, but it must follow the same rules as other tags (aka the conditions must have changed or the same move must not be used with the exact same tags two times in a row)

Then, I will roll here for some scoops/scandals/dirt Theo's contact(s) have on the Bancrofts; cuz I doubt Roger Bancroft would let us interview him that easily.

For context, Theo's contact(s) are news reporter(s) who once interviewed him on his Defining Event incident & are probably sympathetic to him.

Edit 1: I'll mark one Attention on Theo's Routine.

Roll
Power Tags:
> News Publisher Employee
> Media Connections
Weakness Tags:

> "I'm just a Delivery Boy"

Power Tag Questions

1) What is the Bancrofts are (allegedly) hiding from the press?

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)
Name
Roll
2d6+1 6,1

Supposedly, the Bancrofts were not getting along. Mr Bancroft seemed to prefer spending time running his hedge fund Downtown and chase other women than spend time with his wife.