Group A Book 2 Spoken on the Song Wind, Chapter 1. The Learned One Returns.

LDDragon

image.png.7b6bd332dafe410397d3099ef34f05c3.png

Sweeth Tooth - Catfolk Thaumaturge 4

HP: 44/44 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spell Slots: 1/1 

Perception: +8 Low Light Vision | Fort: +9 | Ref: +10 | Will: +9 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth grinned at the new friends and when they mentioned the store room her curiosity was peaked.

"Feel free to stay in whatever form you find most comfortable! You say this store room calls to you? Would you like to see what is inside, now that we are here? Or you could wait out here if you prefer? I myself am eager to find out what lies beyond this normal looking door!"

Banana tilts his head when they point out the storeroom calling to them.

"Calling? You mean it feels like a good fit, or do you feel like something is...drawing your attention there?"

He leans on his ever-present staff.

"There's been a bit of weird stuff happening lately. Some sort of psychic call that's drawn in insects and gremlins. We're still trying to pin down what it is, and what causes it, but if it's anything that feels a bit..."

He taps the side of his head twice.

"It might help..."

Sorena Ortho - Traitor to Cheliaximage.png.73e99a978c4b7df994947632c26cbd7a.png

checked-shield.svg AC: (21) | health-normal.svg HP: 56/56 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +12 | sprint.svg Reflex: +9 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +6

account, add, follow, new, plus, profile, user Conditions:

"It is more than that."

Sorena hated to contradict any of her fellow students, but she wanted to be honest with these strange beings. They could mask the monstrousness inside them, if they so chose. She found that interesting, as she herself could only cover so much. The metal was grafted to her face, no matter how beautiful the mask she slipped over it was.

"It was a former student, Uduak Basni. He was banished for slaughtering a group of Gremlins, but the spell that was used to imprison him misfired. He started summoning insects to him. I know... I know you're not insects..."

She knew the word "arachnids" in Taldane, but not in this tongue.

"You're.... Spiderkind? It's different right? If what's calling you is there. We should go check it out."

As always, she took front and center, shield of molten metal raised.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty
Conditions: Channel Elements, Metal Carapace, shield raised.

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
IMPULSES - DC 20, +10 attack
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Base Kinesis spacer.png 30' light bulk, generate, move or suppress
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png or spacer.png 30' slashing or piercing d8, 60' fire d6
  • Flying Flame spacer.png 30' line of 2d6 fire damage. Basic Reflex
  • Weapon Infusion image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png shape blasts into a weapon, add a trait
  • Metal Carapace spacer.png raise AC to 19
  • Thermal Nimbus spacer.png stance to deal 2 fire to all within 10', allies gain fire resistance 2
Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com%2Fmonthly_2024_04%2FMac150x200.jpg.8b36cd34c9fca13afee5af6770b20d63.jpg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%2048%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%203%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
Mac150x200.jpg.8b36cd34c9fca13afee5af6770b20d63.jpg
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
HP: 48/48 - AC: 21
Conditions:
Hero Points: 3
Spells prepared: Timber, Stabilise

"Uh, Sorena? I believe Uduak wrote in his diary, that it was not him doing the summoning, he just made use of it for his plans for revenge. Either way, I would be happy to have our new fellow students around", Mac offers, slightly hesitant, "I mean, us shape-shifters have to stick together, eh?"

Peering over to the mysterious door, he adds "So if you want to go in there, I better make a quick trip to the training ground and fetch a shield and weapon. Or else Sweet Tooth accuses me of playing with my food again..."

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

checked-shield.svg AC: (21) | health-normal.svg HP: 56/56 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +12 | sprint.svg Reflex: +9 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +6

"Oh... right."

She was wearing her mask, so they couldn't see the shame on her features.

"He was binding them though, or the spirit of him. It's... it's not really clear."

Which was what they were hoping to solve.

Mechanics

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png or spacer.png 30' slashing or piercing d8, 60' fire d6
  • Weapon Infusion image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png shape blasts into a weapon, add a trait
  • Thermal Nimbus spacer.png stance to deal 2 fire to all within 10', allies gain fire resistance 2

52257768655_92d032d51b_h.jpg
Omolara

Ancestry: Human | Heritage: Half-elf | Class: Ranger | Background: Sponsored By A Stranger

Rank: Attendant | Primary branch: Rain-Scribe (lvl 4) | Secondary branch: Uzunjati (lvl 1)

HP: 56/56 | Hero Points: 2 | Application | Character sheet
Cantrips (2): root reading, stabilize | Spells (1): weaken earth
Focus Points: 2/2 | Focus Spells: animal feature, gravity weapon

Condition(s):

"Yes, if we're going to investigate the store room—and I think we should—taking the time to equip ourselves seems wise," Omalara noted wryly. "I'll need a few minutes to retrieve my pack."

Posted (edited)

Mac watches with great interest as the Anadi students show off their human forms. Sensing their discomfort, he himself wills his body to assume his hybrid form.

"Thanks for showing us. Looking good! And here's my, uh... 'hybrid form'. I usually prefer to stay in human dis-guise, my pelt is too thick for the weather around here. Usually I just shift back at night, when it's colder. Of course, some people complain about my room being full of dog hair. It's totally not! Its wolf  hair", Mac clarifies, nodding sagely. It's important to be precise about these things. Magic can go pretty awry when you don't get things right.

"Ah, thank you!" Goss says after Mac demonstrates his form. All three nod in response to Mac in agreement that it is important to be precise.

When the Anadi mention the storeroom calling out to them, Mac tilts his head and peers at his cohort members.

"Err... we should check that out maybe? But then we better prepare ourselves, just in case it is full of bugs. Again...

"Preparation is good. Do not know what is in there." Savanakin comments.

Sweet Tooth grinned at the new friends and when they mentioned the store room her curiosity was peaked.

"Feel free to stay in whatever form you find most comfortable! You say this store room calls to you? Would you like to see what is inside, now that we are here? Or you could wait out here if you prefer? I myself am eager to find out what lies beyond this normal looking door!"

"We will stay out here. We have sometimes heard noises from inside, and that gives us caution."

Banana tilts his head when they point out the storeroom calling to them.

"Calling? You mean it feels like a good fit, or do you feel like something is...drawing your attention there?"

"Something drawing our attention." Maztachia replies, somewhat hesitantly.

Banana leans on his ever-present staff.

"There's been a bit of weird stuff happening lately. Some sort of psychic call that's drawn in insects and gremlins. We're still trying to pin down what it is, and what causes it, but if it's anything that feels a bit..."

He taps the side of his head twice.

"It might help..."

Goss nods. "A psychic call is what it feels like."

"It is more than that."

Sorena hated to contradict any of her fellow students, but she wanted to be honest with these strange beings. They could mask the monstrousness inside them, if they so chose. She found that interesting, as she herself could only cover so much. The metal was grafted to her face, no matter how beautiful the mask she slipped over it was.

"It was a former student, Uduak Basni. He was banished for slaughtering a group of Gremlins, but the spell that was used to imprison him misfired. He started summoning insects to him. I know... I know you're not insects..."

Their expressions change at the mention of someone slaughtering gremlins, the anadi looking nervously among themselves at this act of violence being described.

She knew the word "arachnids" in Taldane, but not in this tongue.

"You're.... Spiderkind? It's different right? If what's calling you is there. We should go check it out."

Savanakin nods. "Spiderkind, yes, I believe that describes us."

As always, she took front and center, shield of molten metal raised.

"Uh, Sorena? I believe Uduak wrote in his diary, that it was not him doing the summoning, he just made use of it for his plans for revenge. Either way, I would be happy to have our new fellow students around", Mac offers, slightly hesitant, "I mean, us shape-shifters have to stick together, eh?"

Goss looks approvingly at Mac at his last comment, Savanakin and Maztachia both make agreeable noises.

Peering over to the mysterious door, he adds "So if you want to go in there, I better make a quick trip to the training ground and fetch a shield and weapon. Or else Sweet Tooth accuses me of playing with my food again..."

"Preparation will be good." Goss agrees.

"Oh... right."

She was wearing her mask, so they couldn't see the shame on her features.

"He was binding them though, or the spirit of him. It's... it's not really clear."

Which was what they were hoping to solve.

"That sounds concerning. We would hope not to be bound." Maztachia speaks up, slightly worried.

"Yes, if we're going to investigate the store room—and I think we should—taking the time to equip ourselves seems wise," Omalara noted wryly. "I'll need a few minutes to retrieve my pack."

"Of course, take whatever time you need." Savanakin says.

Everyone takes the opportunity to gather whatever equipment they need. Once they return and someone moves to investigate the door, the statue grinds to life, shaking off years of dust and raising its sword and shield.

The anadi start to turn away to flee in alarm.

Combat

Everyone roll initiative.

Terracotta soldier

TERRA-COTTA SOLDIER
CREATURE6

NMEDIUMCONSTRUCT

Level 6 creature therefore DC 22 for exploit weakness, I believe.

Perception 14

LanguagesCommon (can't speak any language)

Skills Athletics 15 Intimidation 15 

Str 5, Dex 4, Con 5, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha 3

Items 
Composite Longbow10 arrows
y

Longsword
y

Steel ShieldHardness 5, HP 20, BT 10
y

Modify+Add

Interaction Abilities 

y
Name Traits Description 
Modify+Add

AC 24 26 with shield raised Fort 17, Ref 14, Will 10

HP 120 ; Current 

Immunities death effects, diseased, doomed, drained, fatigued, healing, necromancy, nonlethal attacks, paralyzed, poison, sickened, unconscious

Weaknesses bludgeoning 10

Automatic And Reactive Abilities 
Attack Of Opportunity Reaction Trigger A creature within the monster’s reach uses a manipulate action or a move action, makes a ranged attack, or leaves a square during a move action it’s using. Effect: The monster attempts a melee Strike against the triggering creature. If the attack is a critical hit and the trigger was a manipulate action, the monster disrupts that action. This Strike doesn’t count toward the monster’s multiple attack penalty, and its multiple attack penalty doesn’t apply to this Strike.
y

Shield Block Reaction Trigger The monster has its shield raised and takes damage from a physical attack. Effect: The monster snaps its shield into place to deflect a blow. The shield prevents the monster from taking an amount of damage up to the shield’s Hardness. The monster and the shield each take any remaining damage, possibly breaking or destroying the shield
y

Modify+Add

Speed 25

Melee Strikes 
Longsword 17versatile P #2 #3damage 2d8+ 8 Slashing 
y

Modify+Add

Ranged Strikes 
Composite Longbow 16deadly d10, propulsive, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet #2 #3damage 2d8+ 6 Piercing 100
y

Modify+Add

Offensive Or Proactive Abilities

Map

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

checked-shield.svg AC: (22) | health-normal.svg HP: 56/56 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +12 | sprint.svg Reflex: +9 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +6

Sorena held her ground at the front of the group, conjured metal summoned to protect her.

Mechanics

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
Name
roll
1d20+6 15

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com%2Fmonthly_2024_04%2FMac150x200.jpg.8b36cd34c9fca13afee5af6770b20d63.jpg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D48%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%203%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
Mac150x200.jpg.8b36cd34c9fca13afee5af6770b20d63.jpg
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
HP:48/48 - AC: 21
Conditions:
Hero Points: 3
Spells prepared: Timber, Stabilise

Mac made a quick detour to put on his armour, pick up his nunchucks and fetch a wooden shield from the practice ground before re-joining his cohort.

"Okay, I am ready. Let's do this", he announces and readies himself for more bugs to confront.

Instead, a statue suddenly comes alive... or at least animate.

"Ooookay, that is new..."

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+10 9

"Why do so many things in this school try to kill us? And it's a statue, too...which means my favorite cantrip isn't going to do much, probably. Tsaa."

He glances over at Mac and the others, gripping his staff one-handed.

"Standard hunt-tactics, yes? Disarm it, get it on the ground."

Name
Initiative
1d20+5 13

image.png.7b6bd332dafe410397d3099ef34f05c3.png

Sweeth Tooth - Catfolk Thaumaturge 4

HP: 44/44 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spell Slots: 1/1 

Perception: +8 Low Light Vision | Fort: +9 | Ref: +10 | Will: +9 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth tended to carry most of her gear no matter where she went, and she was always picking up more trinkets and items whenever she went exploring. Still she agreed that it was best that everyone was ready and armed if they were going exploring. When the statue came to life she was shocked.

"What a dangerous home we all have!"

Name
Init
1d20+8 1

checked-shield.svg AC: (22) | health-normal.svg HP: 56/56 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +12 | sprint.svg Reflex: +9 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +6

account, add, follow, new, plus, profile, user Conditions: Channel Elements, Metal Carapace, Thermal Nimbus, shield raised

This was a new world to Sorena, despite the months that she'd now been a student. There was so much she didn't know, so much she barely understood. She constantly felt like she had to work harder than the other students, for it always felt to her that they grasped the intricate concepts of magic with less effort than it took her. This though? Putting her Forgeiron encased body between herself and any threat that might emerge to challenge her peers? That she understood.

With a bellow of challenge she rushed the thing, the three shards of burning forge iron raised defensively before her. The heat that radiated out from them was tremendous, enough to sear any who drew close to her. Yet she'd learned these last few months how to channel that heat, how to shape it as she shaped fire or metal, protecting any who drew close from also being burned. 

The statue though? It would feel the full force of the heat which she conjured. 

Mechanics

Conditions: Channel Elements, Metal Carapace, Thermal Nimbus, shield raised.

Action 1: Activate Thermal Nimbus spacer.png

Action 2: Stride in front of the statue spacer.png

Action 3: Raise shield spacer.png

ACTIONS
  • Thermal Nimbus spacer.png stance to deal 2 fire to all within 10', allies gain fire resistance 4

52257768655_92d032d51b_h.jpg
Omolara

Ancestry: Human | Heritage: Half-elf | Class: Ranger | Background: Sponsored By A Stranger

Rank: Attendant | Primary branch: Rain-Scribe (lvl 4) | Secondary branch: Uzunjati (lvl 1)

HP: 56/56 | Hero Points: 2 | Application | Character sheet
Cantrips (2): root reading, stabilize | Spells (1): weaken earth
Focus Points: 2/2 | Focus Spells: animal feature, gravity weapon

Condition(s):

"Yes, and our weapons aren't going to fair much better," Omolara replied to Banana's observation. She studied their new foe for a moment. Pottery was an opponent she'd never considered. Still she'd recently mastered a magic that might work here. "I'm going to try a spell!" With that she suddenly dashes forward to lay a hand on the walking statue.

Tabletop

Action 1: Stride 30 ft

Action 2: Cast weaken earth

Action 3: Cast weaken earth

Edited by Ulysses Dare (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+9 18

spacer.png   Thura - fatigued

HP: 44/44
AC: 17

Perception +9
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +11

Thura had heard there was trouble, so she came running. Her tail lashes with agitation as she steps forward and calls down a divine blessing.

Actions

:OneAction:Stride

:TwoActions:cast Bless - allies within 15 feet gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+10 19