OOC thread

Mischief Warrior

So now I need to ask as I am totally unfamiliar with the new site...

Do I need to basically copypasta my character thread over? Is there some simple way to do it, or is it just good old-fashioned copy/paste?

I took a peek at your character sheet and you have no OOC or Spoiler tags so you can just copy and paste and it should come out nicely. Those tags don't transfer over so if you have some other posts with them you want to transfer, just know the paste will screw them up. It is easy enough to delete them and do them here with the system this site uses. Its just annoying as I used a lot of those things for characters (but thankfully not for Michael, so easy transfer for me).

Also, Private tags will appear as regular text so be aware that you'll also need to redo those like the OOC and Spoiler tags if you want to keep them private.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still January in game, so Spring Break is a while away! However, I do have a field trip planned to somewhere exotic, so look for that to be coming up soon!

And by soon, I mean, for your characters. I have a few threads planned in-between.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:19 PM, Papa Bear said:

no OOC or Spoiler tags

I liked the Old Site better for those. The OOC tags here are especially annoying and difficult to change. Tables are impossible.

From what I have played around with so far, you can't alter the columns or rows. If you want to add a row, you have to recreate the entire table from scratch. OOC tags are re-writeable but it does require you getting into the source code set up and trying to find them in your post.

All of the spoilers, tables and stuff here is far too easy to lose on a single misplaced backspace.

@Roughtrade Two things I recently just learned:

[1] You can alter the number of rows and columns by holding down ctrl and right clicking mouse button to get to a menu to alter number of rows and columns.

[2] You can alter the width of the columns with a little slider mouse icon when you move close to or are on top of a vertical line.

So that is what I recently learned. Hope it helps out.

Thanks

There are other issues I dislike, but that should help with a thing. I’m in a VtM-Dark Ages game. I found a modern VtM sheet and have been trying to adapt it.

The tables should work well for VtM Attributes but editing it has been just the worst. The cell sizes won’t hold. I’m spending 3/4s of my time in source code mode. Which is not helpful if you’re not really into coding

I agree that it feels different compared to the other site, and I know they have a BBcode button on the menu bar (it is the 4th to last, it looks like a black button with an x on it), but I haven't really played with it yet. No desire at the moment.

Im behind getting my stuff transferred. I wrecked my back last week so sitting at my laptop is problematic. Doing it on my phone is slow, clunky and difficult to figure out. I'll get to it soon as my back cooperates.

#gettingoldsucks

8 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

All of the spoilers, tables and stuff here is far too easy to lose on a single misplaced backspace.

There is a LOT I don't like about the new site. I'd probably try somewhere else if I hadn't already been entrenched here now 4 years (nearly)... but the above... that drives me nuts.