Missing Magistrate

Hidden from: Rakle, Eborne1, eriktd, ccanary, saithor

Chromoid

Previously...

Thrushmoor. A town on the shoreline, the seat of Versex County, and the closest symbol of civilization to Briarstone Isle. You and the remaining survivors of the horrors within Briarstone Asylum have successfully made your way to this place, only to be greeted with yet more unsettling news: the Count is missing, as are the majority of the leadership in the town. Disappearances of the townsfolk are a nightly occurrence, strange ghosts are said to wander the streets at night, disturbing murals reminiscent of the places in your nightmarish dreams appear in black charcoal on the walls of buildings, and the weather is as dismal as ever.

Your team has already discovered that a cult thrives in this town. A cult devoted to an Outer God, of all things. Hastur, the King in Yellow. You've heard their dread name before, whispered in fearful tones by the Ratling Ratch Mamby, as he told you about the unspeakable master of the creature known as the Tatterman. A creature which you barely managed to defeat in order to escape from Briarstone.

Amidst evil druids, ambushing cultists, and an ever-suspicious and fearful mob of townsfolk watching your every move, you uncovered that you were once in the employ of Count Lowls himself as a squad of ruffians and hired muscle. Now that you're presumably free of that service, you aim to set things right, and thus find yourselves now in the bowels of the corrupted Fort Hailcourse, where the militia have been turned into Juju Zombies and their numbers swelled by the addition of Skum, numerous Oozes, and a concerningly slippery and dangerous shapeshifter...

Michael's thunderous response to Jack's musket heralds the swift doom of the second Skum.  With two of its comrades so quickly dispatched and no way out, the last remaining creature hurls itself at the grimly grinning Duergar, who seems completely indifferent towards its presence.  The Skum manages to sink a few claws past Murdir's armor, yet even this seems to hardly register with the dark dwarf as he instead queries the room for the unseen human voice.

His dedication to inquiry pays off.  A faint, but audible voice pipes up from the farthest cell.

"Me!  I'm Sholn!"  The voice is unmistakably that of a somewhat young male somewhere in the same age Sholn.jpg.3bfe8f3055d0df8c4963df5235d709e2.jpggroup as the bereaved sister who asked you for help yesterday.  "Please!  Please don't leave me here!" the voice begs.  "I don't wanna end up like the others!"

The last visible Skum falls where Michael smote it with his elemental lightning. There are no other enemies present for the moment, though you might still hear the occasional clank of armor up and around the corner of the stairs that Jack is guarding. Clearly the zombies haven't intended to leave you a clear exit just yet, but at least they're leaving you alone for now!

...which might be a cause for concern if you can't get out of this basement.

"Th-the cultists..." Sholn's voice quivers noticeably as he tried to speak, eyes still wide-open and locked firmly on the smoking Skum corpse on the floor. "C-cultists would... they..."

In the end, all the poor lad can do is glance over and point shakily at the unopened jail cell next to him. A smear of half-dried blood can be seen on the flagstones under the locked door.

Untitled.png.204c5c95c97c1f4990b5181ce1c9acdf.png

Meanwhile, outside...

Eilidh.png.4db3cd95adaf808defb8b0788fcf0812.png"I've been tracking signs of folk meddling with things that should not be meddled with. Someone's knuckles need a good rapping. I'm a combat wizard. Anyone comes at me better enjoy hospital food or have their headstone already picked out. So, Lady, as succinctly and as close to the point as possible, tell me everything while we walk."

Having said this, she starts striding towards the church, in a manner which if done in a crowd, would be shouting 'Get the hell out of my way, Asshat'. In the meantime she is trying to recall everything she knows about Star Spawn. 

Winter.jpg.eecda1f95d298f650c8ed648524198df.jpgWinter takes this newcomer in fairly good stride as she falls in step with the confident wizard.

"Very well, Eilidh. I'll be glad to have extra help wherever I can get it, as long as you're aware of the risks. It seems the cult in question is one devoted to the Outer God Hastur. You may know them better by their moniker 'The King in Yellow.' What the cult's intentions are have not yet been made fully clear, but what is clear is that they intend to use most- if not all -of this town as an offering or some similar means to a grand end of their own devising. I arrived here with several other members of the clergy and some officials of Ustalav to investigate one Count Haserton Lowls for rumors of extraneous occult meddling and other unsavory bending and breaking of the rules. Lowls is long gone, it seems, and in his place the seat of his rule has been overrun by these cultists. I sense that the two events are intertwined, but have not been able to ascertain the nature of that twining due to being trapped in an asylum on a nearby island by some form of extra-dimensional power. The people who have infiltrated that fort ahead of us were instrumental in aiding myself and the survivors of the ensuing madness in the Asylum in our escape, but they have since charged ahead to deal with the cult head-on. Based on what the town's local investigator has told me, I fear they may have finally bitten off more than they can chew."

The fort is very near now. The parapets are notably devoid of guards and the heavy front double doors hang ajar.

Winter's face is grim as she approaches, a dagger flashing in her hand.

"Be on your guard, Eilidh. We know not what we might find in here."

So saying, the priestess takes the lead and ventures through the front doors.

Untitled.png.b86bb5b844725f80bcd8b6ec34d16f47.png

Edited by Chromoid (see edit history)

Michael "Mike" Stevens
AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | HP 44/58 (Nonlethal 15) | Perception +10 | Initiative +3 | Features | Conditions

"You will be of the alright, Sholn. We will do our best to endeavor to take you to your home."

Cautiously, Mike approaches the cell with the blood smear to look inside and see what happened there.

OOC

Investigating the bloody cell.

Name
Perception
1d20+10 14

spacer.pngHP:  44/66 + 0/5 - 5 NL | Essence: 9/9
AC: 19 - FF: 16 - Touch: 14 | Fort: +8 Ref: +8 Will: +12
Veils  | Other Essence Receptacles | Active Effects

"Assuming your home still exists, of course."
Ever helpful, the jolly duergar couldn't help but interject at the end of Mike Mk 1's attempt to be reassuring.
"If I'm right, there's going to be a mite bit of a massive amount of chaos and murder going on right now. I do hope there's some arson as well. That's always a good time."
Stepping over to the door of Sholn's cell, Murdir peered in at the boy for a moment before pacing a few feet further on to get a glimpse of the rest of the room. Afterward, he returned to the cell.
"I can try to get you out now, though fair warning, there remain a number of Ulat-Kini and undead in the fort. Your safety is not guaranteed. Granted, it's not guaranteed if you wait in here either. If you'd prefer to stay, we'll attempt to clean out the rest of the basement before returning upstairs and will come back once it's safe and if we survive."

Name
Perception
1d20+11 15

spacer.pngEilidh Sorsha

AC 17 Mage Armor (21 with shield) HP 31/31 Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +7 Initiative +3

Female Neutral Elf Wizard Universalist

Level 5 Init 3 HP 31/31 Spd 30'
AC 13 Touch 13 Flat-footed 10 CMD 14 Fort 2 Ref 5 Will 7 CMB +1 BAB 2   
Quarterstaff of Entwined Serpents (melee) +2 (1d6, x2)
Quarterstaff of Entwined Serpents (ranged) Auto Hit (2d4+2 Force)

Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 14 Cha 12

Condition None

Wand of Shield 50/50

1st Mage Armor (used), Grease, Colour Spray, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Vanish, Crafter's Fortune, Ears of the City. (3 Pearls)

2nd Web x2, Summon Swarm, Full Pouch, Resist Energy.

3rd Stinking Cloud, Haste

Eilidh, dark eyed dressed in layers of light material, nods at this from Winter, there being nothing more to be said in this 'put up or shut up' moment.

She ponders Winter's "we don't know what we'll find in there" from the perspective of loot, looking on the bright side.

She extends a mirror or a stick around the corner so as to not reveal herself, her staff in her hand. Winter catches sight of a spring loaded wrist sheath up strapped to her right forearm.

All she needed to do was catch sight of something and her quarterstaff, which loosed magic missiles, would do the rest. Corners? Who cared about corners?

"So, can you tell me what your friends look like. I'd be inconsolable, if I inadvertantly off'd one of them.", she purrs low and slow, sounding like she would be far from inconsolable.

She ponders what she knows of this place from a historical, engineering etc perspective, on account of her being considered grossly overeducated.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Name
Perception (darkvision) 60'
1d20+10 3
Stealth
1d20+8 14
Famillar Perception (low light)
1d20+14 4
Knowledge Rolls (all at 13)
1d20+13 2

spacer.png

Red Jack the Musketeer
HP: 31/49
AC: 19 Touch: 16 Flat-Footed: 13
CMD: 23
Grit: 4/4
Species +1 Hit Bonuses: Changelings, Ghouls, Cultists
Passive Perception: 19
Conditions:

Still hurting a bit from earlier skirmishes, Jack stayed on overwatch as his teammates saw to the boy. "We're all gettin' out of here, kid." Jack promised him. "And you're comin' out with us. Code says protect the innocent. That includes kids and womenfolk. For what a promise is worth these days, you've got mine along with Spark's there." 

Exhaling, Jack gave Murd a nod. "Ah wouldn't mind a spare slap, if'n you've got some healing saved up Murd."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2590642][B][SIZE=+1]Jacob "Red Jack" Heath[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Neutral Human Gunslinger (Musket Master), [B]Level[/B] 5, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 49/49, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 23, [B]Fort[/B] 7, [B]Ref[/B] 8, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]CMB[/B] +7, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 5 [B]Misfire 1-2, Far Reaching Sight +2 Rifled Musket (11 P. Card, 146 Heath Bullets, 50 Silvered Heath Bullets) [/B] +11 (1d12+6, x4) [B] Dagger/Bayonet [/B] +7 (1d4+2, x2) [B] Light Crossbow (56 Bolts) [/B] +9 (1d8, 19-20 x2) [B] Studded Leather Armor[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 9 [B]Condition[/B] None Deadly Aim Combat Feature: -1 to hit for +2 Damage (Doubles at lv 4) 1ST LEVEL DEEDS-- Deadeye: (1 Grit for Touch AC beyond normal range, -2 to ATK) Quick Clear: Standard Action to clear Misfire, 1 Grit for Move Action Steady Aim: Move Action to add +10 Range, Stacks Distance 3RD LEVEL DEEDS-- Pistol Whip: 1 Grit for (Surprise melee attack, standard action, 1d10+STR, 20 x2). On hit, CMB to knock Prone as Free Action. Fast Musket: 2-handed Firearms Reload as 1-Handed Firearms (1 Step Less) Deft Shootist: No AOOs for firing or reloading in melee range Musket Training 1: +DEX Modifier to Damage Far Reaching Sight: Full Round attack action for one shot, resolve Touch AC at any distance. Minie Ball Ammunition: Touch AC for the first 1-3 Range Increments
Jacob "Red Jack" Heath
Male Neutral Human Gunslinger (Musket Master), Level 5, Init 4, HP 49/49, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 16, Flat-footed 13, CMD 23, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 3, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 5
Misfire 1-2, Far Reaching Sight +2 Rifled Musket (11 P. Card, 146 Heath Bullets, 50 Silvered Heath Bullets) +11 (1d12+6, x4)
Dagger/Bayonet +7 (1d4+2, x2)
Light Crossbow (56 Bolts) +9 (1d8, 19-20 x2)
Studded Leather Armor (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 9
Condition None
Deadly Aim Combat Feature: -1 to hit for +2 Damage (Doubles at lv 4)
1ST LEVEL DEEDS-- Deadeye: (1 Grit for Touch AC beyond normal range, -2 to ATK)
Quick Clear: Standard Action to clear Misfire, 1 Grit for Move Action
Steady Aim: Move Action to add +10 Range, Stacks Distance
3RD LEVEL DEEDS-- Pistol Whip: 1 Grit for (Surprise melee attack, standard action, 1d10+STR, 20 x2). On hit, CMB to knock Prone as Free Action.
Fast Musket: 2-handed Firearms Reload as 1-Handed Firearms (1 Step Less)
Deft Shootist: No AOOs for firing or reloading in melee range
Musket Training 1: +DEX Modifier to Damage
Far Reaching Sight: Full Round attack action for one shot, resolve Touch AC at any distance.
Minie Ball Ammunition: Touch AC for the first 1-3 Range Increments

Hailcourse Basement

Untitled.png.c3f2fca4d387701278a3c6c3cbf5d426.pngSholn shrinks back slightly as Murdir approaches while talking about horrible events with an unsettling pleasantness, even eagerness. Still, he doesn't seem averse to the Duergar's presence due to his appearance. Either the lad has never heard of a Dark Dwarf before, or he's not aware that Murdir's any different from the local blacksmith in the flickering light of Michael's torch.

Michael, on the other hand, finds something far less pleasant that Murdir's cheerful discourse on likely catastrophes. The cell the human peers into contains two lifeless bodies, both heavily exsanguinated by way of obvious, deep gashes in their throats. They lie in crumpled heaps as if tossed there without ceremony. Sholn's breath hitches with shock as he, too, catches sight of the grisly spectacle, though it seems he's not surprised by the bodies' presence.

Sholn.jpg.da4abbeb3ae9c50cd179871fb410e73b.jpg

"They told me not to be afraid" he muttered. A streak of moisture glistens down his cheek, but his face is fixed and grim. "They told me someone would come, even when... they... they were taken off to... to be..."

The lad is clearly doing his best to hold it together, but it's only a matter of time before the shock and horror overwhelms him. It's a miracle he's still able to communicate at this point, really.

"I want my sister" he continues in a hushed voice. "I just want her and Mom to be alive. I don't want them to die too."

Meanwhile...

Winter.jpg.9d42e5010efd89ad2f8030e5d4c9b72d.jpgWinter peers around the corner of the other door cautiously before stepping into the atrium beyond.

"They are mostly humans, but there is a single Halfling and a Duergar with them as well" she responds to Eilidh's sensible question. "The Duergar and Halfling should be unmistakable, the latter also having some sort of construct resembling a big cat at her side everywhere she goes and the former... well, I'll assume you know how to tell a Dark Dwarf apart from their more common brethren."

She ventures to the open door on the left, checks down the hallway beyond, then returns to where Eilidh is crouching stealthily.

Untitled.png.2e12c13a423a12f5962e9a3e55e52885.png"The two humans are both males, one wearing a large, wide-brimmed hat and sporting a handsome beard, and the other clean-shaven and rather youthful in appearance. All of them are exceptional in combat and the one with the hat carries a firearm that creates unmistakable explosions when it fires. We should be able to locate them in no time if they are fighting, so the fact that I hear nothing except for some growling beyond the doors just ahead of us..."

Winter leaves the statement unfinished, obviously trusting that her new compatriot understands the implications.

spacer.pngHP:  44/66 + 0/5 - 5 NL | Essence: 9/9
Veils  | Other Essence Receptacles | Active Effects

Pausing at the boy's words, Murdir stepped closer to the door, smile fading slightly as he searched Sholn's face for signs of deceit.
"Ah, friend Sholn."
Jolly grin turning oddly wistful for the briefest of moments before it firmed back into its normal sardonic twist, the duergar shook his head as he somehow managed to get the human's name right.
"You two do actually do care about each other, huh. How odd. Well, I'd be lying if I said I could promise you that, and I do not lie. Thanks to those two," he nodded in the direction of Jack & Celeste "it's very likely that a lot of people are dying or will be soon."
Rummaging about in his pockets, Murdir pulled out a set of thieves' tools, then paused and tested the cell door to see if it was actually locked. If it was, he set about trying to open it.
"Fair warning, if you're secretly a shapeshifter impersonating a boy to worm your way into our midst before your sudden but inevitable betrayal, I will make your death exquisitely long and painful."

Actions

Disable Device : Take 10 : (29)

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

What kindness is intended in Murdir's words are utterly lost on the boy, who pales at the disconcerting rambles of the Duergar who is now making quick work of the only barrier between them. Still, as soon as Murdir pops the lock open with a little bit of rattling from the tools in his hand, the boy emerges unharmed and seems somewhat reassured by the fact that he is not, in fact, struck dead instantly on suspicions of being a shapeshifter.

Sholn.jpg.53c47171187e91a690f8c5a031c6ff2a.jpg

"You... you've seen them recently?" he asks with a hint of hope in his voice. "They're still alive then? Oh thank the gods and all the good divines! I had prayed so hard that they wouldn't be taken for the sacrifices. I... thank the gods. O thank them!"

Any displeasure which his youthful (and possibly premature) elation might have on those present is completely disregarded by Sholn, who seems incredibly relieved by what he's heard.

"So do you have a way out of here?" he inquires hopefully, peering around Murdir to look at the rest of the grim band that's just rescued him from certain death.

spacer.pngEilidh Sorsha

Condition None

Wand of Shield 50/50

1st Mage Armor (used), Grease, Colour Spray, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Vanish, Crafter's Fortune, Ears of the City. (3 Pearls)

Eilidh raises a single imperious, scornful eyebrow at the growling and smirks. "Well, that sounds unfriendly..", she remarks sarcastically in her posh voice.

She appraises the double doors and the nearby furniture, clearly considering a barricade of some sort. "Still, double doors are difficult to wedge... single doors are much easier and grand rooms, like I suspect this one is, frequently have single doors such as these.", she adds while searching the wagon for tack, or leather, anything with which to tie or wedge a door only partly open, picking up anything useful in that regard that she finds.

My mother taught me the first rule of clearing buildings is to break up a building fight into a series of single room fights, govern the engagement, pick the battleground and then and apply massive force each time. All of this can be distilled down to avoid a fair fight like you would a lone shark.

Right now we have 'god knows what' in 'gods knows where' with 'god knows who'. That's dead angels treading territory. So, best to scout and then decide.

She glances over at Winter as she does this.. "I make it so doors only open a little, the fire this through the small gaps. "Ensuring you can hurt them while they can't hurt you should be the watchword of any clever mage."

Her searching finished, she points towards the west door.. "Let's work our way round the doors left open by passage. We'll get closer to your friends while getting to set the terms of engagement, with rooms your friends have not cleared yet."

They might find a side door, they might find a high balcony, there being nothing better than fish in a barrel.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

spacer.png

Red Jack the Musketeer
HP: 31/49
Conditions:

When Murd didn't respond to Jack, the musketeer gave Celeste and Kitty a look and silently conveyed for them to guard the stairs before moving into the jail. He overheard the young boy speaking a hopeful question.

"Eh, we're working on that." Jack muttered to the boy as he moved in, giving Murd a pat on the shoulder before kneeling down to look at the kid. "And yeah, if you're the young'un that we're thinking of, yeah, yer ma and yer sis are fine. When we left for the fort here, anyways." He glanced up to Murd and made a motion asking for another one of Stump's healing pats before side-eying Michael. "Sparks here's usually the one that's better at dealin' with folk...Ah usually come off too angry or grumpy. But we're gettin' you out of here, same time we do. Ah live by a Code, and that Code says kids get protected, young feller. But we need you to be brave."

Jack dug into his pouch and pulled out a bit of beef jerky and then held out a water flask. "Eat up, they prolly weren't feedin' you right. Then we gots to decide what we're doing, fellas."

Out of earshot of the slavering undead and their accomplices on the floor above them, Jack gave his head a shake. "Can't say I'm exactly keen on the notion of leavin' unfinished business waiting up top where it can follow us down this rathole. We did bang 'em up a fair bit before we got down here too. Ya think we could try a little shock and awe tactics, overrun 'em and put 'em down if we had Kitty take the lead?"

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2590642][B][SIZE=+1]Jacob "Red Jack" Heath[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Neutral Human Gunslinger (Musket Master), [B]Level[/B] 5, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 49/49, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 16, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 23, [B]Fort[/B] 7, [B]Ref[/B] 8, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]CMB[/B] +7, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 5 [B]Misfire 1-2, Far Reaching Sight +2 Rifled Musket (11 P. Card, 146 Heath Bullets, 50 Silvered Heath Bullets) [/B] +11 (1d12+6, x4) [B] Dagger/Bayonet [/B] +7 (1d4+2, x2) [B] Light Crossbow (56 Bolts) [/B] +9 (1d8, 19-20 x2) [B] Studded Leather Armor[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 9 [B]Condition[/B] None Deadly Aim Combat Feature: -1 to hit for +2 Damage (Doubles at lv 4) 1ST LEVEL DEEDS-- Deadeye: (1 Grit for Touch AC beyond normal range, -2 to ATK) Quick Clear: Standard Action to clear Misfire, 1 Grit for Move Action Steady Aim: Move Action to add +10 Range, Stacks Distance 3RD LEVEL DEEDS-- Pistol Whip: 1 Grit for (Surprise melee attack, standard action, 1d10+STR, 20 x2). On hit, CMB to knock Prone as Free Action. Fast Musket: 2-handed Firearms Reload as 1-Handed Firearms (1 Step Less) Deft Shootist: No AOOs for firing or reloading in melee range Musket Training 1: +DEX Modifier to Damage Far Reaching Sight: Full Round attack action for one shot, resolve Touch AC at any distance. Minie Ball Ammunition: Touch AC for the first 1-3 Range Increments
Jacob "Red Jack" Heath
Male Neutral Human Gunslinger (Musket Master), Level 5, Init 4, HP 49/49, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 16, Flat-footed 13, CMD 23, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 3, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 5
Misfire 1-2, Far Reaching Sight +2 Rifled Musket (11 P. Card, 146 Heath Bullets, 50 Silvered Heath Bullets) +11 (1d12+6, x4)
Condition None
3RD LEVEL DEEDS-- Pistol Whip: 1 Grit for (Surprise melee attack, standard action, 1d10+STR, 20 x2). On hit, CMB to knock Prone as Free Action.
Far Reaching Sight: Full Round attack action for one shot, resolve Touch AC at any distance.

13 hours ago, Starhawk said:

spacer.pngEilidh raises a single imperious, scornful eyebrow at the growling and smirks. "Well, that sounds unfriendly..", she remarks sarcastically in her posh voice.

She appraises the double doors and the nearby furniture, clearly considering a barricade of some sort. "Still, double doors are difficult to wedge... single doors are much easier and grand rooms, like I suspect this one is, frequently have single doors such as these.", she adds while searching the wagon for tack, or leather, anything with which to tie or wedge a door only partly open, picking up anything useful in that regard that she finds.

My mother taught me the first rule of clearing buildings is to break up a building fight into a series of single room fights, govern the engagement, pick the battleground and then and apply massive force each time. All of this can be distilled down to avoid a fair fight like you would a lone shark.

Right now we have 'god knows what' in 'gods knows where' with 'god knows who'. That's dead angels treading territory. So, best to scout and then decide.

She glances over at Winter as she does this.. "I make it so doors only open a little, the fire this through the small gaps. "Ensuring you can hurt them while they can't hurt you should be the watchword of any clever mage."

Her searching finished, she points towards the west door.. "Let's work our way round the doors left open by passage. We'll get closer to your friends while getting to set the terms of engagement, with rooms your friends have not cleared yet."

They might find a side door, they might find a high balcony, there being nothing better than fish in a barrel.

Untitled.png.94bc58a6b24b83ba197e97fc3ef0a6c6.pngHustling through the door with Eilidh in the lead, the two women find themselves in a long room full of disheveled cots. The place smells rancid. Not like the stench of death, but of something long spoiled and rotten. There is nothing else of interest here, save for two sets of spiral staircases which wind up the inside of what must be two of the towers set at intervals along the parapet. At the far end is another door, also open, and beyond that... another long, empty hallway with yet ANOTHER parapet staircase.

The place is eerily quiet and empty

spacer.pngHP:  49/66 + 0/5 - 5 NL | Essence: 8/9
Veils  | Other Essence Receptacles | Active Effects | Veil UsesUnicorn Feathering (3) : Jack 1, Mike 1, Murdir 1

Jack's suggestion was met with a laconic "No." from the duergar who seemed disinclined to expound on the statement. Instead, now that the boy was free, Murdir burned another mote of essence, trading the akashic gloves that boosted his ability to mess with locks for a different healing ability, which he promptly applied to all those still wounded.
"I'll deal with the door, the rest of you go check the rest of the basement. Make sure there's nothing else down here, and no other ways in. Sholn, either go to that room and stand in a corner where you can't be targeted from the stairway door or wait in your cell for now."
Gesturing toward the entrance hall, Murdir faded from view as he made his way back over to the room. Moments later, the now invisible duergar shooed Misty away from the door.

Actions

Burn 1 Essence for Tactician's Tabard, swapping AotA (GotMT) for AotA (UF)

Apply Unicorn Feathering to Mike, Murdir & Jack (Celeste/Misty if required, not sure how much hp they've got), granting FH 5 for 3 rounds.

Activate Telekinetic Invisibility

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

spacer.png

Red Jack the Musketeer
HP: 36/49
Conditions: Fast Healing 5 for 3 Rounds

Jack raised an eyebrow at Murd's blunt reply, but nodded at what Stumps followed up with. It made sense. (And he might have been mistaken, but it felt like Murd had done something anyways as his injuries started aching less and the cuts closed up again!) He nodded to the boy and stood up, readying his rifled musket. "Stumps usually has good ideas, son. You sit tight and stay out of harm's way, give us some time to work. C'mon Sparks. Kitty. Smalls. Let's do this real smart-like." And with Sparks and company in tow, Jack made to slowly investigate the next basement door...

Move: Jack (And Sparks, and Celeste, and Kitty Cat) go to the doorway for D-19 and poke it open while keeping clear of the main opening. Put Jack on the NE side of the door, Sparks on the NW, Kitty on point...We'll both have a decent shot if there's anything hiding there.

Statblock

Jacob "Red Jack" Heath
Condition None

Edited by Erico (see edit history)

Michael "Mike" Stevens
AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | HP 44/58 (Nonlethal 15) | Perception +10 | Initiative +3 | Features | Conditions

"Hold on. Before we do, we should find out who these two were, if we can."

Mike tries to examine the bodies more closely.

OOC

Investigating the bloody cell.

spacer.pngEilidh Sorsha

Condition None

Wand of Shield 50/50

Eilidh is a little surprised at the layout. She turns to Winter, "Maybe there's a single door to the big room, if we go through the East door." She then walks to back to the entrance hall and through the door on the other side, her quarterstaff in her hand.

ร—
ร—