Season 3, Episode 5 - The Sinkhole

prophane

image.png.6c172d6dec6988834f8ea75327b3d193.pngQuill Dawnriser

HP: 13/13 || FP: 14/14 || Move/Dodge: 11/11 || Conditions/Effects:

Quill took a long time to think about what she heard. Then, with determination, she said, "I agree with the big guy. We should take a few tools with us. Nothing about digging in the ground is easy."

OOC:

GM NOTE:

Drezghl Half-Orc Mercenary

HP: 17/17|| FP: 16/16|| Conditions/Effects:

Drezghl put down his fork and looked over at the newcomer.

"Are you expecting me to start swinging a pick axe, princess?"

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)

Hinami Human Swordsmanimage.png.38b568c3535aa38c3f9cdc19bafeef34.png

HP: 12/12|| FP: 11/12|| Conditions/Effects: Will -1 (Basic Speed, 7)

Hinami looks over at Drezghl.

"No. Mattock is much more effective digging tool."

"Of course, somebody have to dig, somebody have to keep watch."

OOC

Sister MariaMaria

HP: 10/10 || FP: 13/13 || PI: 5/5

Conditions/Effects: N/A

"I'm not sure how effective I would be at mining, but I do know the Purify Air spell, which might come in handy if we are planning on going deep underground." Maria said.

Then, since they were going to be working together for a while, Maria went over a brief overview of the other spells she had access to.

OOC:

The Sinkhole

Location: The Broken Oak Inn, Burle, Viscounty of Salinmoor, Keolandimage.png.720f261c69279178cf5c0cca4fd66a44.png
Date: Moonday, Third of Growfest (festival week)
Time: just after 10:40am
Weather: Warming 73° and getting a bit stuffy
Sunrise/set: just before 5am/ just after 6pm
Characters Present: everyone

image.jpeg.bf783c1dd0652c15f71b906a0c8fc114.jpegimage.png.e672eb332539145396fc072b4a57e286.pngWhile the others talk about digging, Kelvan continues to lay out his cards. He places 5 cards in a sort of star pattern and gazes at them for some time, occasionally scratching his head or making hmmmm-ing sounds. At one point, the Dark Elf even cracks a smile and chuckles, tapping the table several times next to one of the cards.

Anyone looking over his shoulder can easily see the array of cards.

OOC

Character Status

Drezghl HP 17/17|| FP 16/16|| Combat Move/Dodge 7/10 ||

Hinami HP 11/11 || FP 13/13 || Combat Move/Dodge 7/12 ||

Kelvan HP 9/9|| FP 12/12|| Combat Move/Dodge 6/10 ||

Maria HP 10/10|| FP 13/13 || PI 5/5 || Combat Move/Dodge 5/8 ||

Quill HP -/-|| FP -/-|| Combat Move/Dodge -/- ||

Zurana HP 20/20 || FP 15/15 || Combat Move/Dodge 8/12 ||

"Kelvan"spacer.png

HP: 9/9 || FP: 3/12 || Conditions/Effects: Bless +1, Sense Observation (0)

Kelvan chuckles, then looks up as he realizes that the conversation around him had wound to a halt.

He taps one card, looking from comrade to comrade. "According to the cards, the biggest challenge we will face on this job is each other. The Nine of Webs, reversed. Trust, or the lack of it. Either one of us will betray the rest, or we will have to trust one another in the face of evidence to the contrary."

He sighs. "Being who I am, I feel this is going to go poorly."

Kelvan scoops up his cards. "Be that as it may, it sounds like several of you had thoughts on what we might need to prepare for this. Go do that, and we'll follow the good barman's excellent directions when you return."

Edited by taurelin (see edit history)

On 4/8/2024 at 2:16 AM, Caffeine11 said:

Drezghl Half-Orc Mercenary

Drezghl put down his fork and looked over at the newcomer.

"Are you expecting me to start swinging a pick axe, princess?"

Quill heads for the door to get some digging equipment. As she leaves, she calls back over her shoulder,

"Drezghl, that depends if you dig shirtless, and on the muscles you have under that armor. Maybe you can make Maria and I sweat in that cold tunnel."

She turns away to hide the smile on her face.

OOC:

GM NOTE:

Hinami will also leave to procure digging tools (Mattock and shovel).

He will return shortly, geared to go, and look around.

"Who are we waiting for? This sinkhole is close enough to town that we may have a number of people there before us.

OOC

image.png.c43cb4aa63005617044070dee34a7056.pngDrezghl Half-Orc Mercenary

"Ha haha.....That's going to cost you an extra share, Princess. I don't work cheap.", Drezghl shouted back as Quill headed for the door.

The new girl could give and take. He liked that. Maybe she would work out.

-----------------------------------------------------

OOC: We might need some buckets to move material and some sort of screen to sift dirt from gems. Unless we can do that with magic. Whatever we end up buying, let me know so I can subtract Drez' share from my sheet.

qQLBLlG.jpgZurana

ST 17 | DX 13 (15) | IQ 10 | HT 15 | Will 11 | Per 14 | Speed 7 | Move 7 | Reaction: +4/+2
HP 20/20 | FP 8/15 |  DR by Location | Defenses | Encum: Light | Languages

Zurana had allowed herself the rare luxury of sleeping in. The ordeal in the Dreadwood and the loss of Ereh Kehn had drained her physically and emotionally, and Long Walker warriors knew to listen to their bodies and spirits and recognize when time and rest was needed. So by the time the tall northerner emerged from her room - most of her armor and kit assembled and ready - it appeared that the rest of her companions had already been up for a while. The sound of Drezghl's laughing shout made her smile. She missed the details, but the good nature of her friends was a welcome sound in the morning.

She strode over to Kelvan, who seemed to be fussing with some cards, and offered a half-grin. "Are we going gem-hunting as you wished, or has another noble quest interrupted our search for treasure?"

Quill arrived back with a large (for her) pack. "I'm ready. I couldn't bring the wheelbarrow; I can't scout when I'm pushing it."

OOC: I have loaded Quill's gear into characters.

GM NOTE:

"Kelvan" spacer.png

HP: 9/9 || FP: 12/12 || Conditions/Effects: Bless +1, Sense Observation (0), Create Servant (1)

spacer.pngAfter recovering from his divination spell, Kelvan retreats to his room, returning dressed and ready for the sojourn to the Sinkhole. Behind him, standing quietly, is a young blonde Elf maid, shouldering Kelvan's backpack.

He looks at his crew. "Well? Shall we be off?"

OOC

The Elf girl is a created servant. She will not respond to questions from anyone, but will look to Kelvan for instructions.

Edited by taurelin (see edit history)
Name
Spell Roll-16+1=17
3d6 4,3,6

image.png.c43cb4aa63005617044070dee34a7056.pngDrezghl Half-Orc Mercenary

Drezghl geared up and came back down to the common room. He gave some silver to the inn keeper to square his account and then joined Kelvan outside the door.

Hinami sighs briefly, then puts his armor (obviously recently cleaned and polished) on, shoulders his portion of the group gear, and presents as "ready to go".

"Drezghl - want to do rock/paper/scissors for who to dig and who to stand watch?" (He smiles)

OOC