Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Application (Questions & Answers)

15 minutes ago, Harding said:

Hi there!

Is the racial ability score subsistution rules from Tasha's book (Customized Origin) is valid in this game

They are, feel free to move them to a different stat.

Hey there, it's me again, with another wild notion: imagine a Time-Lost Traveler Rogue, specializing in the enigmatic path of the Dawn Blade. Picture this: a soul ensnared in a magical stasis for countless ages, until the happenstance arrival of intrepid adventurers who, through cunning and valor, decipher the puzzle that sets him free.

This character hails from an era when the god Khors held sway as a ubiquitous deity, yet finds himself awoken to a world utterly transformed, where Khors is but a whispered memory. Struggling to reconcile the chasm between past and present, our traveler embarks on a quest driven by a dual purpose: to uncover the lost truths of his bygone era and to salvage the remnants of his forsaken faith scattered amidst this unfamiliar realm.

Would such a character find resonance within the fabric of your game?

Yes, time storms are common in the waste, and could very well have brought a traveler through time itself or carried one into it.

Read the new section in the library on the Mana Waste for more information.

I could definitely see that type of character in this setting.

I imagine we will see a few archaeologist or scavenger types as well.

If you own the Kobold Press "Waste of Chaos" book, then the following races/classes are in there that are perfect for this campaign.

If you don't have the book then no worries, a lot of the Kobold Press races and subclasses can be found directly on the Kobold Press OGL website.

http://kpogl.wikidot.com/

Races
Automation
Dust Goblin
Wasteland Dragonborn
Wasteland Orc

Subclasses
Barbarian: Path of the Demon
Druid: Circle of Dust
Fighter: Doombringer
Monk: Way of Chaos
Ranger: Wasteland Rover
Rogue: Bandit Priest
Rogue: Chaos Cultist
Warlock: Demonic Tutor

Backgrounds
Chaos Child
Wasteland Reaver

Whats you're opinions on subclasses from other kobold press books. I love the kobold press stuff but i know it can be hit or miss. Blanket no? Case by Case? All yes?

I read the pdf and i did see that kobold press stuff is allowed but i'm not sure which is in hardcover books and which isn't, i'm assuming most if not all the ones i have ARE but its hard to tell.

10 minutes ago, Neopopulas said:

Whats you're opinions on subclasses from other kobold press books. I love the kobold press stuff but i know it can be hit or miss. Blanket no? Case by Case? All yes?

I read the pdf and i did see that kobold press stuff is allowed but i'm not sure which is in hardcover books and which isn't, i'm assuming most if not all the ones i have ARE but its hard to tell.

If you look at the bottom of the subclass on the kpogl it will list the source. Most will be hardcover unless it has a warlock and a number. Warlocks are like UA for Kobold Press. If it

If you are unsure you can always ask.

I think i found what i want. The Way of Still waters monk is a really fun concept. Is it good, i dunno, but it seems very fun and has a cool monk feel to it. The Way of Chaos was also super tempting.

Monks are never staggeringly powerful - lack of good magic items, etc etc long 5e monk complaints so on and so on - but they are so much fun!

Can a character start with the new language, or is it be design supposed to not be available for a player character? I'm aware that it is not a living language, I was more thinking along the lines of a researcher that has spent some serious amount of time to learn it.

49 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

Can a character start with the new language, or is it be design supposed to not be available for a player character? I'm aware that it is not a living language, I was more thinking along the lines of a researcher that has spent some serious amount of time to learn it.

It is not possible, as the language has been extinct for a thousand years. Removing the need to decipher it would significantly alter the campaign since much of it revolves around the players deciphering this language. Even the spell 'Comprehend Languages' would not be effective on it.

29 minutes ago, bwatford said:

It is not possible, as the language has been extinct for a thousand years. Removing the need to decipher it would significantly alter the campaign since much of it revolves around the players deciphering this language. Even the spell 'Comprehend Languages' would not be effective on it.

Makes complete sense. Just checking.

So, from the few Midgard adventures I've had, 'the planes' from say Planescape don't really fit or factor much. I was wanting to twist the Horizon Walker's fluff a bit to instead refer to shadow road nodes, or significant ley line locations. I'm thinking of a Court exile always alert to incursions from the Shadow Realm into Midgard. Are you ok with that slightly twisted sub-class lore?

Can I play a shadow fey familiar with the Court of Sarastra, and/or the Court of One Million Stars?