Information, Background, and Notes

8w_gremlin

Housekeeping:
First off, What do you want to call the world in which we live,
Second, you need 3 connections to the other characters.

These connections can be

• X want to be more like you.
  • X I’m worried you’re better than me.
  • X We tell each other everything.
  • X I’ll keep your secret.
  • X I see you trying your best.
  • X We need to put our feelings aside.

Connection 1: I have a nagging suspicion that Yhen and I have an archenemy in common, considering one of the things that temptress stole from my clan while I was drunk and suffering from a dagger in my ribs

Connection 2: I can always count on Kimber to talk me out of doing something monumentally stupid

Connection 3: Between my ego and Ivy's mischeviousness, we bring out the worst in each other. Especially while I'm drunk.

Love the idea!

So, for Ivy 1) She and Kurith "bring out the worst in each other. Especially while he is drunk." (Depending how drunk he can be, she might know his secret? And keep it, of course)

2) Ivy considers Yhen "the brain" of the gang respectable party. She respects planners in general and the wizard in particular.

3) Curiosity towards "wild" Fairies would definitely try to befriend Ellu Minayum - one of those fairies she works with now. Something between "I’m worried you’re better than me" and "We need to put our differences aside".

1) Oh, sweet, I was hoping for an Ivy / Ellu connection. Ivy and Ellu have some interesting dovetailing themes, I think. Ivy started a criminal and now works for a detective. Ellu left a more 'stable' home and fell in with a con man. I could see either of the ones you mentioned working (In Ellu's case "better" could mean they're afraid Ivy is better in a 'good person' way OR "better" in a 'she's a better detective than I am a liar so she'll find me out.') I could also see a variation on "I'll keep your secret" working since Ivy and Ellu both have sketchy pasts, too?

2) Ellu's got a history of having to work hard to control his power, so the more studied Yhen might be a good connection as either "I want to be more like you" or "I'm worried you're better than me.

3) Ellu was effectively booted from their community as a youth, so seeing Verris on this ever-quest to reclaim their child would bring up a lot of feels, I think. Like, for all that Verris is struggling, I could see Ellu having a lot of respect / trust given how his own experience is basically "yeah, sure, take the kid." It sounds like Verris is / was pretty hard on themselves about the events surrounding their child, so maybe a connection of the "I see you trying your best" variety?

1) Kimber doesn't know all of Ivy's background, but still recognizes a potential kindred spirit when they see one - someone who has maybe made less than ideal decisions, but is working with what they've got. They respect Ivy a great deal, although they would be hard-pressed to admit it.

2) Kimber admires Yhen's fearlessness, wishing they could be so bold and fearless, although somewhat irritated by the boldness that such fearlessness can occasionally lead to. A combination of being afraid someone is better than them, wanting to be more like them, and needing to put their opinion about their "rashness" (if it even is such a thing) aside in order to get the job done.

3) Kurith's bearing and behavior might seem like they'd bother Kimber, but then genuinely don't. Kimber trusts Kurith the most out of any of the crew members, although he does need to be talked out of some intensely stupid decisions from time to time. But, point of respect, Kurith generally CAN be talked out of intensely stupid decisions, which is not the case for many people. Either way, by Kimber's reasoning, Kurith is very much ride-or-die, which they consider a positive thing.

So, world name I would suggest is 'Proving'. Since this is a one shot, test bed, Proving Ground is a synonym, I was thinking of calling the world 'Proving".

1) Verris knows without a doubt that Kurith is better than they are. The thing Verris knows is that they must hold in until Kurith is able to kill whatever is coming after them.

2) Verris would love to be more like Kimber, but feels they aren't capable of embracing the wilds the way they should. Once they find their child, Verris would like to discuss more about changing the way they live.

3) When Verris thinks of Ivy, they wonder what the Fairy is working for the greater good, or just for herself.

11 minutes ago, solyrflair said:

So, world name I would suggest is 'Proving'. Since this is a one shot, test bed, Proving Ground is a synonym, I was thinking of calling the world 'Proving".

I like this. If we wanted to get fancy, maybe we could switch the spelling up a bit or use a rough translation from a constructed language (Solresol , Esperanto, etc). Or just leave it as-is. After all, we basically call our planet "dirt" in English.

1) Yhen is a scholar at heart so she's very interested in what Kimber can do, so she's often quizzing them on what they can know, do and how they do it, she's fascinated by the skill involved

2) She's very impressed by Kurtith's strength and obvious power, and relies on those things - and isn't ashamed to admit it

3) She's moved by Verris' story

‘Weeping Sable’ is a type of tree.

They stand tall yet bowed, drooping boughs intertwined with dark, whisper-thin needles, a strange combination of weeping willow and spruce with dark and knotted bark. Although they looked mildly unsettling during the day, in the dimming light they’ve now become spooky, bordering on sinister. The light from the rising moon dances through their branches, and a light evening breeze brushes the ropes of delicate needles in a motion that casts fluid shadows across the uneven dirt road.

Bleeding Pines is a type of tree.

Less frequently along the roadside, here and there, are what must be the infamous Bleeding Pines. Their long, wickedly-sharp needles are the rusty color of dried blood, their sap sticky and red