IC Pregame: get to know each other.

8w_gremlin

OOC, Mechanics

Use this to roleplay and describe your character to the others, and help you get grounded whilst you prepare for your mission

You sit in the dining hall, sitting around one of the large benches, other diners of the king's guard and guests inhabit other parts of the large hall, sitting on one of the other three 50' long dining tables. Serving staff wander around fetching and carrying food and drink and provide for your needs as you sit and discuss your plans for the mission.

A particularly massive faun sits back, draining the last dregs from his tankard before flipping his long, gently curling locks into a better position behind his horns. His shoulders are broad, muscles well defined, and would look perfectly at home in an illustration of some prince in a romance novel.

The scuffmarks and patches on his clothing contradict that notion, however. And opening his mouth dispels it entirely.

"If'n the cargo's worf so much, why enn't we par' o' a propa caravan? Mo' hands means mo' protec'in 'gainst ban'its an' 'oodwinkahs. An' it means we'd could ha' spare beasties if'n a monsta o' predator shows up. 'Ssumin' I cannae bash the wits ou'a i' firs'."

He sounds like he's talking around a mouthful of pebbles, a mishmash of at least five different accents. He gives a cocky grin and flexes his bicep - again. Yes, the size of the muscle is impressive, but it's not quite as interesting after the fourteenth time. At least this time what he's talking about gives him a proper reason.

"All I'm sayin', ye don' travel 'lone 'less ye fret 'bout wa' ye carry. An wi' this many guards? Is summat righ' dangerous. Mebbe we shou' try an' havva out be'er pay, nah?"

"You should ALWAYS take your payment before. At least some of it." Ivy knew full well there was no disagreement on that part between her and Kurith but felt a need to add something to the conversation. She flashed him a mischievous grin, her caramel eyes twinkling with excitement and her delicate wings fluttering behind her.

"A smaller caravan means less attention, less scrutiny. And where's the fun in travelling with a horde of guards? We are - even you, when we all together - nimbler, swifter and can get through the trickiest of situations."

Ivy's wings shimmered in the dim light of the tavern as she perched on the edge of a nearby table. "Besides, who needs extra muscle when you've got wits, quick fingers and," she winked and blew her curly brown locks from her eyes, "good old brute strength? We can do it."

OOC: So, we have known each other for some time, and, are beginning as a team, working for Marlowe Fairwind, the right-hand sorcerer of King Emeris. Right?

Edited by Dixi (see edit history)

OOC, Machanics

You have all worked for Marlowe before, perhaps some of you have worked together, and that's for you to decide.

You'll need three connections, see the Information post

spacer.png

Yhen leans forward a little and squints to listen through the accent "You're right, of course. Payment up front - at least in part - is basically a requirement in this line of work."

"Of course, if you don't live through the job then it hardly matters when you got paid, no?"

BugSorc.png.f69f233428db0e6a2cc9f931151995dc.png"I mean, it's just the one crate. How much trouble can it be?" Ellu shuffled their cloak around again until they were satisfied the umber fabric laid across their folded, moth-like wings well enough folks would just think they were both part of the same cloak. No one gave Ivy any trouble, but Ellu still preferred when folks mistook him for a thin dwarf or a tall halfling or even just a dumpy human.

Satisfied, it only just now seemed to sink in what Yhen was implying. "I would like ... I would prefer ... I ....." Ellu took a very loud drink of his juice. "Living is a thing I would prefer very much."

Kimber stares pensively into their drink for a bit, then glances over at Kurith. "I'd rather travel with a small, solid crew than a disorganized caravan any day. Can't say I disagree about potentially shady cargo, but fewer bodies is fewer people who need to keep a secret, I guess. And we all know how to hold our tongues. That's why we got the job, I'd imagine."

They take a swig and pause, considering. "Now, whether the trouble's worth the money... that, I don't know. Yhen's right on that one, can't spend money if we're dead."

image.jpeg.dbac7386b5860c5120a992f8d32292af.jpeg
A:+1 | S:+2 | F:+0 | I:-1 | P:+1 | K:+0
Hope ••○○○ Stress ○○○○○
Evasion 3 Hit Points ○○○○○○
Armor 11 Armor ○○○

"In so many ways, it is far easier to defend a large target than it is to protect a single item. With a small target, the opponent can focus their attention to a single point, whereas a large target scatters the opponents' interests," the large scaley person sitting farther down the table. The person was tall and sinewy with strong shoulders beneath the bright scales that reflected the light in strange patterns.

This person had the bearing of a combatant, measuring the room in a gaze, observing the motions of each other at the table, ready to act if needed. They lacked the subtle means that one might find in the studious arts, or the sly indiscernible motions of the more crafty individuals. And the chain mail. That was a lot of metal.

Dressed in the dark blue and black checkered cloak, and a silken tunic covering the front of the chain mail, this person seemed certain of their abilities without any sense of boastfulness. They had a matter-of-fact dimension to them that belied easily identification. Even the gender was ambiguous, though their kind had little to reveal that to even the trained eye. And very often, Drakona didn't feel the need to address their reproductive role, maintaining an egalitarian aspect to their community.

Sipping again from their tankard, Verris spoke again, "I would give Marlowe my time without pay, if he ever asked in that fashion. But he never does, and offers a fair price for what he thinks the effort will be required. He has helped me when I was in need, so I offer to repay him, but he doesn't accept. I expect one day he will ask for something beyond repayment in coin."

ร—
ร—