OOC Chat

Trish_the_Nugg_Queen

Ok, so I have a few questions regarding Astartes Combat Webbing. I love when they include stuff like this in military games, but there are some things that confuses me:

• Is the requisition cost for the webbing itself, and then you can add unlimited amounts of pouches, or is the cost for a single pouch (my guess)?
  • In case the cost is for a single pouch, can we then consider ourselves to have pouches for all the standard issue gear (sidearm, grenades, knife)? Otherwise that will eat up pretty much all requisition.
  • Is a pouch like this needed to carry more ammunition than can be loaded into your weapons without resorting to a backpack supply?

Also, regarding requisition in general, should we try to make a summary somewhere of what we want to requisition? I have some ideas of what I´d like to requisition personally, and also for some stuff that I think the team should have.

Personal Requisitions

• 1 Bolter Clip of Metal Storm rounds (Free as a Tactical Marine)
  • 2 Bolt Pistol Clips of Stalker Rounds (5 Req)
  • 1 Clip Pouch for Bolter Clips (3 Req)
  • 1 Clip Pouch for Bolt Pistol Clips (3 Req)

Squad Requisitions

• Magnoculars (3 Req)
  • Cartograph (5 Req)
  • Auspex (12 Req)
Edited by DarthAnthrax (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Harding said:

For the requisition cost, please refer to the erreta online

Thanks, I had missed that there were errata available. Seems like they also put in some serious nerfs on many weapons

The collective requisition for the whole squad is set at 80, correct? So, I shouldn't go on a crazy shopping spree (as if I was in the Prize Round of Video Power)?

S'okay. I don't think Shadow has the renown for a pair of Distinguished Astartes Lightning Claws or the Famed Wings of the Raven. I may have to take up Harding's suggestion for dual wielding chainswords!

Personal Requisition (subject to change)

• 1 Astartes Chainsword (5 Req)
Edited by IndyKophen (see edit history)

To clarify, Requisition isn’t necessarily collective.

We can certainly pool our individual Requisitions for larger purchases, but in practice here we each get 80 points of Requisition to spend on our kits.

I’ll get Vorticar’s shopping list up in his thread.

Yep everyone has 80 requisition each, and you can optionally give a few points to contribute towards something the whole group or a specific member can use instead, or outright get a piece of equipment and give it to someone else. Those 80 points are yours to choose what you do with though, whether you spend them on yourself or others

I'll work on a list, but let be realistic here: In no way I'm playing a salamander without a flaming weapon. No frigging way O_O

Vulkar love the smell of burning Xenos in the morning. (Also noon, afternoon, evening and night before bed)

23 minutes ago, Trish_the_Nugg_Queen said:

Yep everyone has 80 requisition each...

Oh, damn! Neo-Geo console, here I come!

@Trish_the_Nugg_Queen Could I actually get a pair of Astartes Lightning Claws (45 Req) and Wings of the Raven (35 Req)?

• Astartes Lightning Claws (Deathwatch Rulebook, pp. 154-155).
  • Wings of the Raven (First Founding, pp. 101, 104). 
Edited by IndyKophen (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Harding said:

I'll work on a list, but let be realistic here: In no way I'm playing a salamander without a flaming weapon. No frigging way O_O

Vulkar love the smell of burning Xenos in the morning. (Also noon, afternoon, evening and night before bed)

Good one.

Eh... @Trish_the_Nugg_Queen, can we requisition items at higher renown? I thought we started with no renown. On a similar note, is there no renown requirement for the 30k weapons?

Should we try to avoid redundancy in weapon types? So if Vulkar and Degei both bring the flames (the latter in the form of the psychic power Avenger), it sounds like I should try to find some other niche.

Who among us can put down suppressive fire? I.e. who has full auto weapons?

A lore question if someone can help me out? Would the ninth legion be particularly opposed to or attracted to Destroyer weapons? I can also just go launchers, an old classic. 'Cause who doesn't love an explosion or ten.

1 hour ago, Ayeba said:

Who among us can put down suppressive fire? I.e. who has full auto weapons?

I don't think anyone has an full-auto weapon yet. From what I gather, only the Heavy Bolter (20 Req), and the Assault Shotgun (RoB, 7 Req) are available at our renown (oh, and the autogun, but that would incur a penalty due to not being made for astartes.)

I'll take both the auspex for the +20 awareness, and the Magnoculars since I have a fairly good Perception. I don't have a good tech-use though, so I won't be able to use the auspex to detect the undetectable.

Unless we deem it unnecessary, I'm also willing to take a vox-caster to keep in contact with the ship and call for evac.

Additionally, do you guys think Orbital Surveillance (15 Req)RoB.216, 15 Req

Ships in orbit can use their auger arrays to gain detailed information about ground targets spying from on high. The Kill-team has gained the services of a vessel in orbit to gather intelligence for them and can call upon it during their mission to see what lies ahead. At any point during the mission the players may choose to
use their orbital surveillance to try and gain real time information about an area of the planets surface that would be visible from space. The GM can then have the vessel make a Challenging (+0) Perception Test with a Perception of 50. It is up to the GM to decide just what information the ship can gather. Generally, each degree of success should offer the Kill-team additional intelligence. It is recommended that the GM should make this test in secret, as it is also possible the vessel might misinterpret visual data and feed the Kill-team false information...
is worth it for this mission?

Finally, I think it would be a good idea for someone to requisition Demo Charges and/or a Multikey.

(Preliminary) Degei's Requisitions

• Jump Pack (15)
  • Totem Of Subetai (15)
  • Orbital Surveillance (15 Req)
  • Vox-Caster (10)
  • Auspex (12)
  • Magnoculars (3)
  • Charm (6)
  • 4 additional Frag Grenades

7 hours ago, Trish_the_Nugg_Queen said:

Yep everyone has 80 requisition each, and you can optionally give a few points to contribute towards something the whole group or a specific member can use instead, or outright get a piece of equipment and give it to someone else. Those 80 points are yours to choose what you do with though, whether you spend them on yourself or others

Ah, that changes a lot :)

I would still like someone to clarify my questions regarding Astartes Combat Webbing, so I know if I have to requisition a lot of pouches or none at all

2 hours ago, luctius said:

Finally, I think it would be a good idea for someone to requisition Demo Charges

Can we actually use Demo Charges? I totally agree they would be useful, but from the rules it seems you need the Demolitions skill to use them, and I can´t see a way for anyone to have that at Rank 1.

Edited by DarthAnthrax (see edit history)