Character Creation Info

bloodsprite

• Pathfinder 1e Official Paizo Sources
  • 25pt buy
  • One Free Curse of the Crimson Throne AP Background Trait
  • Two Standard Traits
    • Can have One Drawback for one additional Trait (max 3)
    • Two Background Traits can be bought as a feat, Or Two Traits can buy a Feat
  • Background Skills
  • lvl 1
  • max hp
  • variant multi-classing allowed
  • roll or average gp whichever is better
  • pregame crafting, but crafting rolls needed to see if gp wasted
  • Applications Open till 4/30
  • Feats that can be bought as Background Traits:
    • Weapon Finesse
    • Agile Maneuvers
    • Combat Expertise
    • Power Attack
    • Powerful Maneuvers
    • Point-Blank Shot
    • Deadly Aim
    • Mobility
    • Dodge
    • Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Improved Dirty Trick, Improved Feint, Improved Reposition, Improved Steal
  • all Paizo races, rp can be bought off with background traits, (very 10rp after the first free 10rp can be bought as a background trait)
  • Fit all your Background Traits and Drawbacks into your background story
  • Pick a location on map your home-base is at, be it hotel, flop house, or family apartment

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)

5 hours ago, cybersavant said:

is this class allowed ??

pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com
/Stigmatized+Witch

No, These are the official Witch Archetypes https://www.aonprd.com/Archetypes.aspx?Class=Witch

Also can variant multi-class https://legacy.aonprd.com/unchained/skillsAndOptions/variantMulticlassing.html Oracle

Any thoughts on using Elephant in the Room?

If you don't know what it was, it was an attempt to cut down on the random feat bloat martial characters needed to take by condensing some options and outright making some things, like Power Attack, into something any sufficiently skilled warrior could just do.

2 hours ago, EDTA said:

Any thoughts on using Elephant in the Room?

If you don't know what it was, it was an attempt to cut down on the random feat bloat martial characters needed to take by condensing some options and outright making some things, like Power Attack, into something any sufficiently skilled warrior could just do.

I am 50/50 on it, I like it as a player but I don't know it well as a GM.

This is a tough AP, But I do like a little bit of struggle and risk for the players and this gives them a power bump.

If you have a concept that just doesn't work without it I'll consider it, but try to make it work without first. I might implement just some of the rules.

There was a precursor to that in a blog post that is also popular here. Actually somewhat more popular, that's basically the core of it.

It isn't really an issue if something "works" with it or not. It's more basic stuff like whether or not someone needs to take Weapon Finesse at level 1 in order to not be terrible at fighting because you're dexterity based, or getting to take something more exciting than Power Attack at level 1. It's a way to cut down on prerequisite feats and feat taxes that plague certain (martial) types of characters at low levels.

There's even an even further stripped down from I've seen where just Weapon Finesse, Power Attack, and Combat Expertise simply don't exist and are just things everyone can do with the proper weapon for Finesse or with 1 BAB for the others.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EDTA said:

There was a precursor to that in a blog post that is also popular here. Actually somewhat more popular, that's basically the core of it.

It isn't really an issue if something "works" with it or not. It's more basic stuff like whether or not someone needs to take Weapon Finesse at level 1 in order to not be terrible at fighting because you're dexterity based, or getting to take something more exciting than Power Attack at level 1. It's a way to cut down on prerequisite feats and feat taxes that plague certain (martial) types of characters at low levels.

There's even an even further stripped down from I've seen where just Weapon Finesse, Power Attack, and Combat Expertise simply don't exist and are just things everyone can do with the proper weapon for Finesse or with 1 BAB for the others.

Liked this version more but making my own version:

Added:

• Feats that can be bought as Background Traits (And 2 Background Traits can be bought as a feat):
    • Weapon Finesse
    • Agile Maneuvers
    • Combat Expertise
    • Power Attack
    • Powerful Maneuvers
    • Point-Blank Shot
    • Deadly Aim
    • Mobility
    • Dodge

1. Classes - which are allowed?
  2. Races - which are allowed?
  3. Pets (eidolons, phantoms, constructs, purchased animals, etc.) - is there a maximum number allowed? Are pet classes frowned upon?
  4. Alignment - enforced? For example, is a neutral paladin allowed? Will a good cleric lose all abilities from, say, using poison?
  5. Class stereotypes - enforced? For example, will clerics be expected to heal and Druids expected to be nature experts?
  6. X to Y - frowned upon? Examples include Nature's Whispers (Oracle revelation), Orator (feat), and Student of Philosophy (trait).

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sundust said:
  1. Classes - which are allowed?
  2. Races - which are allowed?
  3. Pets (eidolons, phantoms, constructs, purchased animals, etc.) - is there a maximum number allowed? Are pet classes frowned upon?
  4. Alignment - enforced? For example, is a neutral paladin allowed? Will a good cleric lose all abilities from, say, using poison?
  5. Class stereotypes - enforced? For example, will clerics be expected to heal and Druids expected to be nature experts?
  6. X to Y - frowned upon? Examples include Nature's Whispers (Oracle revelation), Orator (feat), and Student of Philosophy (trait).

1) all Paizo classes, unchained or not and so on

2) all Paizo races, LA can be bought off as a feat or 2 background traits  rp can be bought with background traits, math to be figured out

3) For Pets I am ok with all pathfinder 1e Paizo stuff, if they are better than a raging barbarian I might make you tone it down. As number goes up size goes down.

4) Alignment as per deity or all the steps on the way to LG for Paladin, cleric poison allowed only as per deity, poisoning food in cold blood is evil (as you are indifferent to the waiter dying because they stole a fry), poisoning someone attacking you is neutral/good depending on their alignment, poisoning your blade as you wait in stealth to attack an evil NPC is neutral, knockout poison is neutral.

5) enforced no, but there will be party balance; so if you suck at healing another partial healer will still be selected, same with nature, do want someone to know nature even if its the wizard

6) X to Y , love them

8 hours ago, parody said:

Combat Stamina - allowed? feat access? fighters only feat access? or fighters get it for free?

I am going to not allow it because it sucks and really weakens your character, you can get better versions of this feat and the whole combat stamina feat chain, that do the same thing on a constant basis.