Savage Worlds Adventure Edition and Super Powers Companion

Is there interest in Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion?

The first point is to ask that question. What kind of interest for SWADE + Super Powers Companions exists here? It is too much of a niche within a niche.

I've been among the people looking to enjoy the hobby outside of both the most popular game and the fantasy genre. SWADE + SPC has had the bulk of my attention when writing private notes. The two reasons are:

• It feels like I have finally imagined a setting that has a reason to exist.
  • Making characters has felt like all the best parts of Champions but with much less record keeping.

At the very least, I want to ask what kind of fandom this combination of books has.

I've got it and it seems pretty solid. I was also reminded of a sort of Champions-lite.

Savage Worlds is a fun system in a lot of ways. I don't like the card-based initiative, and it's difficult to deal with in PbP except by having the GM keep a physical deck of cards around.

I got into a an SW Supers adventure not too long ago. Sadly it died almost immediately. Morning came, a fire broke out in a facility, my fire based toon flew into the building as the heroes were assembling and then nothing :(

I've tried to play savage worlds so many times but all the games I get into die off within like a month. I'm an SW Curse. I've made toons for SWADE and the other more recent edition. I haven't gotten to play enough to really know one from the other.

Supers is my favorite genre :D (Just finished recruiting for a Champions adventure. We'll be starting soon)

I haven't picked up the SWADE Supers, but I liked the SWD-era version. I generally like Savage Worlds, but I haven't played it in a while; I dropped off in attention around when SWADE came out, so while I have that, I'm not sure I've really internalized the changes. (Which is a bit sad, since it's been like six years.)

On 4/20/2024 at 10:15 AM, Vorpal Glaive said:

I have SW + the SPC + an interest in playing them. It is hard finding a group to play SW IRL so I hope this works.

Welcome! I saw your post in the Introductions section, too.

Right now, it looks like there might not be a big enough pool of players at the moment. That could be just at the moment. I'm going to keep this thread up and keep an ear out.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, BuyCrom said:

What kind of vibe is the setting you've come up with?

The intent is something that can start as 4 color heroes and either stay there or tilt into a couple of specific philosophical ideas. Those ideas were the starting point of what I'm working on, and they would peek through either way. Something along the lines of cities in DC comics having specific themes, and maybe a hint of their old Vertigo line from time to time.