OOC Chat: Chapter 1 - As Above, So Below

bwatford

We probably should nominate a group captain as well, to simplify group discussion and final decisions, it is just easier that way. That way when discussions are over the captain can submit a list of what has been decided to me.

7 hours ago, bwatford said:

We probably should nominate a group captain as well, to simplify group discussion and final decisions, it is just easier that way. That way when discussions are over the captain can submit a list of what has been decided to me.

If it's an OOC role, I can do it. If it correlates with the role of leadership in character, Question is close to the bottom on the list of fitting candidates, with only Noodles below her.

How about you, @scootloops? Paladins are well geared to be frontline leaders. Or does anyone else want to volunteer?

I'm okay with Captain in either space if it mainly means I'm communicating team decisions. Taborlin is not great at out of the box thinking though, and can be stubborn if she thinks she is right.

Deidre could be Captain in the sense she have a brain and outside the box thinking, but she's not really a people person (kinda odd individual). But again, we're adventuring in the Wastes so odd persons/things are not a rare sight at all (I'm looking at you Noodle).

Otherwise, I would see Zelda in this role. She seems like a well adjusted individual, both intelligent and wise.

I was interpreting captain as an out-of-character role, so I'd support @scootloops for that. And I don't want things to slow down too much when I inevitably miss a few days because I'm swamped.

If we want a captain in-character, I'd be fine with assigning Zelda as the nominal head of the expedition, but we should make decisions by consensus as far as possible. She's intelligent and wise, and understands the need to have the team working together... but she'll make self-interested decisions when it comes down to it (she's chaotic neutral, but she feels the ends justify the means just enough that there's a potential path where she could slip into evil). But once y'all save her life, your interests will matter nearly as much as her own.

We have multiple candidates here. All three of you are willing to do it. In addition, @scootloops is supported by Newcomer. @Newcomer is supported by Harding. I'm okay with all three of you.

If my vote is the tipping factor, I suggest we go with @scootloops for now. We can change it later if the consensus changes.

I accept OOC captain responsibilities. I'm on the discord channel so I can tap our GM there if we need to. I'm assuming all this means is I'm gonna relay our discussions about what to do, and make tiebreakers if needed, Taborlin isn't the party lead IC, but I'll make sure she's good support and a mediator if there's an IC decision that needs to be made. How's that sound to y'all?

Good decisioning! For watch purposes, remember Zelda is an elf, so she'll be awake longer than some. Perhaps she should take a middle watch, so the sleepers don't have to interrupt their sleeping (not that it makes any mechanical difference).

We're mostly fine with the tiny hut, but I suppose it's possible something could dispel it.

Say, how many creatures are we, total? The hut holds 9 max, and none larger than Medium. We have 6 characters, a hyena, a shrub, and a raven, am I missing anyone? I'll have to remember not to keep my familiar around in the hut (I expend wild shape to summon her, so it's only ever for an hour at a time). Also something to keep in mind if we take on any NPCs.

@bwatford

Similar to what we had before if the team has no qualms

Scouting - Noodle
Deirdre
Tabs and Sanaa (just Tabs if Sanaa is unavailable)
Zelda, Willowveil, and Question in any order

For watches, I'd recommend any of these based on perception bonuses:
Sanaa doesn't need to stay in the hut if we don't have room. I'd rather not dismiss her because that means I have to take into account summoning her again in the morning and taking up a spell slot/risking magic chaos. If she dies on watch, I can bring her back. She's a lot like a familiar in that manner.

First choice (any order)
Deirdre, Question, Zelda
Zelda (extra time), Taborlin
Noodle, Willowveil

Deirdre, Zelda
Noodle, Willoveil
Zelda (extra), Taborlin, Question

Noodle, Question
Taborlin, Dierdre, Zelda
Willowveil, Zelda

Edited by scootloops (see edit history)

I enjoy interaction between characters, but I'm afraid I'm pausing the game for the uninvolved people. I'll soft wrap it up with my next post within a few hours so the story can advance.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

you're good as far as I'm concerned, I like to let my players do that in my games too if I have the chance.

Also, I should note I'm a weirdo and my posting availability is more so on weekdays vs weekends. I'm busy with my family and housework Sat and Sun, and can't usually get to my PC.