For you with cards (no card you are not done making character)

Theodor had to hold back a chuckle. Now this was not something he had been expecting, a tattooed elven woman making such a bold proclamation and downing her wine. "Now I can drink to that." He downed his own cup of wine. "However, not to celebrate but in preparation. It's increasingly obvious Lamm is the one thing we all have in common. As for where we are, I can at least assure you this is a genuine fortune teller's dwelling. As for whether she's the real deal, well, she found all of us and slipped a card as well." The young Varisian took out the Cricket card. "Sometimes, the card can speak of an individual. But I digress. We should at least make introductions, even if fake ones since we can't keep calling each other you or her or him. You can all call me Theodor for now. Depending on how things go, you'll find out if it's my real name or not. If anyone's inclined to answer, may I have the names you will give me for referring to yourselves?"

Edited by Trigun (see edit history)

DerekSteelwindPortrait.png.5f797800e4afba7793486766f4c8b49f.png

In-Character

Derek listened intently as the others spoke, their words a chorus of discontent aimed at the same target. He understood their thirst for justice, for he shared it in spades. Yet, a nagging suspicion whispered in the back of his mind, honed from years navigating the treacherous alleys of Korvosa.

"Gaedren Lamm," he muttered, his voice rough like the windswept cliffs overlooking the city. The name conjured a viper's nest of memories: whispers of corruption, unanswered pleas for help, and the ever-present void left by Mira's disappearance. "He's woven a web of misery across this city, that much is clear."

He met the gaze of each person present, searching for a glint of shared resolve or a flicker of doubt. "But are we flies caught in that web, or the spiders ready to tear it down?" He paused, his falconer's eyes sharp and unwavering.

"Call me Derek," he said, a hint of challenge in his tone. "And I'll gladly join any hunt that brings Lamm to justice." He gave the offered wine a skeptical look. "Besides," he added with a gruff chuckle, "celebrations are for victories won, not battles joined. Let's hear what our puppet master has in store before we break out the good stuff."

Character Details

Character Stats

Derek Steelwind
Human ranger (sable company marine, urban ranger) 1
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 12 (1d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee lance +5 (1d8+6/×3)
Ranged shortbow +3 (1d6/×3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with lance)
Special Attacks favored enemy (humans +2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17
Feats Furious Focus[APG], Mounted Combat, Power Attack
Traits missing son or daughter
Skills Disable Device +2, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (geography) +4, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +6, Ride +4, Stealth +4, Survival +6, Swim +6
Languages Common
SQ track +1, wild empathy +1
Other Gear lamellar (leather) armor[UC], arrows (20), lance, shortbow, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), mess kit[UE], pot, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 40 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Favored Enemy (Humans +2) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs. humans foes.
Furious Focus If you are wielding a weapon in two hands, ignore the penalty for your first attack of each turn.
Mounted Combat (1/round) Once per round you can attempt to negate a hit to your mount in combat.
Power Attack -1/+2 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to Survival checks made to track.
Wild Empathy +1 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.

Edited by parody (see edit history)

GqF1TJI.png

The walk was neither the longest or the shortest that the barman had ever made - though Dorian did find himself stopping from time to time to rub at an ache in his back from falling over the keg. Perhaps he should have taken more time to get ready before heading out, but the... uniqueness of the invitation had spurred him on. In truth, he'd only recently heard this Lamm's name, and had no idea of the level of his involvement in his tale of woe. Still and all, it seemed worth finding out.

These thoughts, and others, kept Dorian occupied until he arrived at the appointed place. The half-elf found an unobtrusive spot to stand, once more rubbing the small of his back as he watched others filter in by drips and drabs.

"No sense being unfashionably early," he mused, judging the time of his arrival.

Pushing through the door, Dorian's lips pursed as he took in the quaint nature of the furnishings, and his eyebrow raised as he found himself walking in on a toast. "It seems the drinks are flowing before the barman managed to arrive," he announces with a shake of his head, "the price of fashionable lateness." He gives an insouciant sigh and claims a bottle of wine - decanting it into a glass with a practiced quickness as he takes a seat.

%5Bcenter%5D%5BSpoiler%3DStatblock%5D%5BURL%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2898199%5D%5BB%5D%5BSIZE%3D%2B1%5DDorian%20Hart%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2FURL%5D%0AMale%20CG%20(CN)%20Half-Elf%20Vigilante%20(Cabalist)%2C%20%5BB%5DLevel%5B%2FB%5D%201%2C%20%5BB%5DInit%5B%2FB%5D%206%2C%20%5BB%5DHP%5B%2FB%5D%209%2F9%2C%20%5BB%5DSpeed%5B%2FB%5D%2030'%0A%5BB%5DAC%5B%2FB%5D%2014%2C%20%5BB%5DTouch%5B%2FB%5D%2010%2C%20%5BB%5DFlat-footed%5B%2FB%5D%2014%2C%20%5BB%5DCMD%5B%2Fb%5D%2013%2C%20%5BB%5DFort%5B%2FB%5D%201%2C%20%5BB%5DRef%5B%2FB%5D%202%2C%20%5BB%5DWill%5B%2FB%5D%203%2C%20%5BB%5DCMB%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%2C%20%5BB%5DBase%20Attack%20Bonus%5B%2FB%5D%200%20%20%20%0A%5BB%5DDisarm%2C%20Nonlethal%2C%20Reach%2C%20Trip%20Whip%20(-)%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%20(1d3%2C%20x2)%0A%5BB%5D%20%20Spiked%20Gauntlet%20(-)%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%20(1d4%2C%20x2)%0A%5BB%5DTrip%20Sickle%20(-)%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%20(1d6%2C%20x2)%0A%5BB%5D%20%20Chain%20Shirt%5B%2FB%5D%20(%2B4%20Armor)%0A%5BB%5DAbilities%5B%2FB%5D%20Str%2016%2C%20Dex%2011%2C%20Con%2012%2C%20Int%2016%2C%20Wis%2012%2C%20Cha%2014%0A%5BB%5DCondition%5B%2FB%5D%20None%0ALow-Light%20Vision%0AImmune%20to%20magic%20sleep%20effects%20and%20get%20a%20%2B2%20racial%20bonus%20on%20saving%20throws%20against%20enchantment%20spells%20and%20effects.%0A%2B2%20trait%20bonus%20on%20all%20saving%20throws%20against%20charm%20and%20compulsion%20effects.%5B%2FSpoiler%5D%5B%2FCenter%5D

Statblock

Dorian Hart
Male CG (CN) Half-Elf Vigilante (Cabalist), Level 1, Init 6, HP 9/9, Speed 30'
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 1, Ref 2, Will 3, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 0
Disarm, Nonlethal, Reach, Trip Whip (-) +3 (1d3, x2)
Spiked Gauntlet (-) +3 (1d4, x2)
Trip Sickle (-) +3 (1d6, x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14
Condition None
Low-Light Vision
Immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
+2 trait bonus on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

Emmelyn

"Emmelyn!"

She wasn't one to often earn a squeak of delight (or that which was all but), but it made her smile all the same. A smile of reassurance, even as, reassurantly, she let her hand idly fall upon once-simple ring upon her finger, that had been worked and reworked as her own skill grew.

That someone so close at hand had a run-in with him... what felt so long ago, so far away, even as it gnawed at her peace of mind, suddenly seemed not so very far at all. "I'm sorry to you, as well. I had no idea..." And her eyes did linger upon Stella, for a moment. Trying to see in a moment, somehow, what had been hidden until that very moment.

Wordlessly, she reached in the belt pouch half-hidden behind her craftsman's apron, bringing forth her card: The Wanderer. The centaur's kit worn and well-used, and his back laden with all manner of bric-a-brac: a bird's cage, stoppered bottles, a quiver of arrows. Things of no 'value' in which he did, indeed, see value. The one whose journeys pierced the surface of things.

She handled that card carefully, cupping it in her hand to let Stella alone see, a subtle smile playing on her lips, a luster in her eye. She was pleased, indeed, with the keenness of their summoner's evaluation. And with that, it disappeared, once more, into her bag.

As to the introductions, she didn't offer her name... yet.

It didn't feel right. And, if anything, she lived rightly.

spacer.png Selena Shardova

It took Selena longer than she had hoped to make it to the entrance. Each time she moved to cross the street, either doubts flooded her and she retreated, or she saw someone approach to enter which gave her second thoughts. The somewhat loud toast to Gaedrin flitted out of the door reached her ears which convinced her. She built up her courage just as a man walked over and entered. She sighed and crossed the street. She stood at the entrance for a moment, the wind caused her cloak to flow around her, towards the door, seeming to try to push her inside. Finally she gave in to the winds and took a step inside.

She squinted at the soft light inside the house, pulling her hood forward to protect her eyes before looking around at those gathered. It almost seemed like a social gathering. Have I come to the wrong house? she wondered, almost stepping back out of the house, before noticing others were holding Harrow cards that may have come from the same deck, or at least the same maker. She took out her own card, a stylized unicorn and looked at it. "Hello... This is 3 Lancet Street, right? Did each of you get one of these cards? Is the host here?" she takes a breath calming her mind to stop her quick stream of questions. "I came because of a card," she says more calmly, showing it to the others, "that contained knowledge about how a certain man had wronged me in the past and that might be brought to justice thanks to this gathering. I presume you are all here for the same reason?"

spacer.pngStella Sucredes

"Fighting the darkness of my fallen angel heritage and taking it one day at a time."

Theme: Oh for a muse of fire

AC 12/(  ) HP 8/8 Init 2 Fort Ref 4 Will 6

Female LN Aasimar Wizard - Conjurer - Chronomancer,

Level 1 Init 2 HP 8/8 Speed 30'  
AC 12 Touch 12 F-F 10 CMD 11 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 6 CMB -1 BAB 0  Special DR5 Cold, Electricity and Acid
*Dagger -1 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)  (+2 Dex)
Str 8 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 14 Cha 16

Arcane Duelist 5/5 +1 to DC or +2 vs SR or +2 to hit

Shift 8/8 (Swift Action no AOO) 5' Dimension Door 

Temporal Pool 6/6pts
* Forewarned: 1 pt Add 1d4 to initiative (self or 30' ally)

* Rewind: Immediate Action unsuccessful spell from failed concentration, successful save, failed SR contest etc spend 1/2 spell level in pts to regain spell in memory (not components or action)..

Spells

0 (All) currently in memory Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Dancing Lights.

1st (4) Color Spray, Crafter's Fortune, Ears of the City, Feather Fall, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile [opposition], Secluded Grimoire,

Alchemical Items

Acid Flask (1) = Alchemical Focus

Alchemist's Fire (4/4)

Weapon Blanch (Silver) (2/2)

Weapon Blanch (Cold Iron) (1)

Condition None

Life is not simple, one can find pleasure within grief and vice versa. I experienced grief with the revelation that Emmelyn's life had been blighted as mine had been, as Phae's had been. And yet there was pleasure in that on dangerous ground, I had a hand to hold, a soul to trust. At the same time I felt pride in my husband. I could imagine Phae back home pacing back and forward, between his devotion to our daughter, which demanded he remain out of whatever this was, and his desire to protect me, which called him here. In truth, he'd always been the stronger of us. At the same time I felt comradeship with someone I'd never met, the one who'd gifted me with the card, an invitation to bring the bill to Gaedran for all the injuries he'd caused.

While I felt estranged from the mood the tattooed elf was trying to instill in all of us, I nevertheless tossed back the bubbling golden liquid. Then turned the glass upside down to show I'd held nothing back, as I never would. It simply wasn't in me. The tiefling had different ideas, but each to his own. A drink was indeed for victories won, but they were also for oaths taken and I for one did not want to open a vein to signify that.

Moments later I found myself presenting my card... the Inquisitor. I enjoyed the impression this would give.. I would find out the truth of things and Gaedran's cons no longer had any power over me. I'd have preferred executioner, but the Harrow deck had no such card.

"Stella", I purred, introducing myself as I was invited to, hearing the same from Derek.

And yet more arrived. It seemed to me that Gaedran had recruited an army, an army that wanted his head on a pike. Magdh's tapestry of fate had decided to weave a knot of hunters into the skein. Whether his fate would be cut, as I very much wanted it to be, had already been determined was unknown to me. My own fate had already been woven and nothing I could do would change it. All that was left to me was to face it with courage, laugh in the face of death.

Gaedran comes after your children. I hadn't the heart to tell Phae that. In any case, I'd cut Gaedran into tiny little cubes before it could come to that, even if it meant my death.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

GqF1TJI.png

"You may call me Dorian, for that is my name." Dorian studies the others, taking a sip of his wine now and then. He pops a mushroom in his mouth, raising an eyebrow at the pleasant sensation that runs through him as he chews and swallows. "Since my identity and occupation are hardly a secret, what with my being the devastatingly handsome and entirely modest owner of the humble Songstress."

The half-elf flashes a quick smile, and his attention focuses on Selena as she enters. "There is yet no sign of out host, though there seems to be a note that proclaims their eventual arrival - " he makes a vague gesture toward the card containing the note in question, "and we do indeed appear to be a band of buggered gathered with a common purpose. Though I'll admit I've only heard this Lamm's name in whispers, and as yet only have some pointed questions and cutting remarks for the fellow."

All of which is entirely true. After all, Dorian Hart's identity and occupation are hardly secret, and he doesn't know the particulars of how Lamm may have been involved in the murder of the Songstresses' namesake. That doesn't mean they need to know anything about the hours he spends dedicated to Calistria's service.

%5Bcenter%5D%5BSpoiler%3DStatblock%5D%5BURL%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2898199%5D%5BB%5D%5BSIZE%3D%2B1%5DDorian%20Hart%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2FURL%5D%0AMale%20CG%20(CN)%20Half-Elf%20Vigilante%20(Cabalist)%2C%20%5BB%5DLevel%5B%2FB%5D%201%2C%20%5BB%5DInit%5B%2FB%5D%206%2C%20%5BB%5DHP%5B%2FB%5D%209%2F9%2C%20%5BB%5DSpeed%5B%2FB%5D%2030'%0A%5BB%5DAC%5B%2FB%5D%2014%2C%20%5BB%5DTouch%5B%2FB%5D%2010%2C%20%5BB%5DFlat-footed%5B%2FB%5D%2014%2C%20%5BB%5DCMD%5B%2Fb%5D%2013%2C%20%5BB%5DFort%5B%2FB%5D%201%2C%20%5BB%5DRef%5B%2FB%5D%202%2C%20%5BB%5DWill%5B%2FB%5D%203%2C%20%5BB%5DCMB%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%2C%20%5BB%5DBase%20Attack%20Bonus%5B%2FB%5D%200%20%20%20%0A%5BB%5DDisarm%2C%20Nonlethal%2C%20Reach%2C%20Trip%20Whip%20(-)%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%20(1d3%2C%20x2)%0A%5BB%5D%20%20Spiked%20Gauntlet%20(-)%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%20(1d4%2C%20x2)%0A%5BB%5DTrip%20Sickle%20(-)%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B3%20(1d6%2C%20x2)%0A%5BB%5D%20%20Chain%20Shirt%5B%2FB%5D%20(%2B4%20Armor)%0A%5BB%5DAbilities%5B%2FB%5D%20Str%2016%2C%20Dex%2011%2C%20Con%2012%2C%20Int%2016%2C%20Wis%2012%2C%20Cha%2014%0A%5BB%5DCondition%5B%2FB%5D%20None%0ALow-Light%20Vision%0AImmune%20to%20magic%20sleep%20effects%20and%20get%20a%20%2B2%20racial%20bonus%20on%20saving%20throws%20against%20enchantment%20spells%20and%20effects.%0A%2B2%20trait%20bonus%20on%20all%20saving%20throws%20against%20charm%20and%20compulsion%20effects.%5B%2FSpoiler%5D%5B%2FCenter%5D

Statblock

Dorian Hart
Male CG (CN) Half-Elf Vigilante (Cabalist), Level 1, Init 6, HP 9/9, Speed 30'
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 1, Ref 2, Will 3, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 0
Disarm, Nonlethal, Reach, Trip Whip (-) +3 (1d3, x2)
Spiked Gauntlet (-) +3 (1d4, x2)
Trip Sickle (-) +3 (1d6, x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14
Condition None
Low-Light Vision
Immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
+2 trait bonus on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

"There is also something we need to consider. If everyone got the same letter I received, our host will choose a party. As in not all of us will have a chance to deal with Lamm. I can understand the precaution, keeping two different baskets of eggs so if one gets run over, she can use the other one. I can also understand not everyone will be fine with that kind of arrangement. For Lamm has surely taken from many here in Korvosa. Important objects, money, friends, loved ones.... Family..." Theodor spoke as he took a few mushrooms from the basket and ate one. But at the mention of family, he unconsciously crushed one of the mushrooms with his left hand, his own anger seeping through a bit in his words. "In my personal opinion, in which hells that Gaedran Lamm ends up in that he so righteously deserve matters less than answers about his victims. And trust me, anyone who takes children deserves worse. But I believe regardless of what happens tonight, Lamm needs to be dealt with. So if whoever our host chooses as a party to deal with him fail, the rest who weren't should pick up the pieces quick and finish the job. That said, I can tell that some of us have seen fights. I myself have been in a few and while a bit self-taught, my rapier wit and pointed remarks can easily deal with anyone I fight in close range. I wonder what the rest of you can do that you're willing to share."

spacer.pngSmiling that at least some people are willing to be less dour, she refills her cup. "Thaladria. My name is Thaladria. And I'm a mage if that matters. If justice is a set of scales then I aim to balance those scales. If all that's available to me is revenge then that will do. I have no illusions that the Bastard will ever see a fair court or the inside of a jail cell." She takes her cup and finds a chair. There she pulls her chemise off her shoulder revealing the tattoo of a white rabbit. The tat starts to swirl and swim and bulge out as a fully grown rabbit emerges leaving bare skin behind. The rabbit sits in her lap and she pulls leafy greens from her bag and starts feeding the rabbit while she listens to the others, while sipping wine.

Dante Dante Hellfire: Vengeful Hunter (Fighter 1) (Up for review)
"Vengeance is the justice to those who have been harmed by a crime witch our system is blind to or chooses not to seek!"

Character Sheet

In Character 

Dante shrugs as Theodor wanted to be indulged with names. Since there all here for the same reason no need to keep mush of it a secret going forward. "Name's Dante, and if you prefer the poem to of Dante's Inferno do not be shy to refer it" Dante said with a bit. He gives a bit of a moment to read the room for what comes next May or may not poem up reasoning why the rest are here. Dante has no reason to hide why he is here and hopes the rest opens up. Walking to the center of the room Dante continues. "Once upon a time when I was more a kid I ran into Lamm while doing an Erron for my family at the docks. He manage to talk me into being one of his "Lambs". At the time I was a bit vulnerable leaving after having a fight with my old man while running it. I ended being a scout to help the kids get out of trouble. Never been to his place. But I could see some of the kids were not happy, and well on my watch some of them got caught cause I stunk at it. Eventually what broke the Camel's back was getting some of the kids to the Church of Abadar and saving them. In return I got beaten in with his Brass Knuckles, his favorite at the time and left my face half slump Kissing Jeggare River. Now I come back trained to fight and settle a score" Dante replied.

Showing off the whip wrapped around his torso diagonally from left shoulder circling his right rib inside his out with inside his pocket Is a pair of finger-less but made of Lion's Teeth layered three times woven into leather gloved Cestus that would reach up to forearm length. He shrugs his arms not needing to hide or disguise his reasoning for being here as everyone else must have their own. "I'm not sure why the rest of you are all here. I'm sure you all have your reasons. Plus I am pretty sure our mysterious host must have an equal to or greater reason then mine to bring such individuals together otherwise why even bring us all here?" Dante said as he takes a sip from his Waterskin.

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

"Fighting the darkness of my fallen angel heritage and taking it one day at a time."

AC 12/(  ) HP 8/8 Init 2 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 6

AC 12 Touch 12 F-F 10 CMD 11 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 6 CMB -1 BAB 0  Special DR5 Cold, Electricity and Acid

Temporal Pool 6/6pts

* Rewind: Immediate Action unsuccessful spell from failed concentration, successful save, failed SR contest etc spend 1/2 spell level in pts to regain spell in memory (not components or action)..

Spells

1st (4) Color Spray, Crafter's Fortune, Ears of the City, Feather Fall, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile [opposition], Secluded Grimoire,

Alchemical Items

Alchemist's Fire (4/4)

Condition None

Stella, unbelieveably clean both in herself and in her snow white lace dress, nods as Dante speaks of his experiences, places a comforting hand on Emmelyn's shoulder, not knowing Dante well enough to do so. "I've moved on from what was done to me and mine. I know folk say you shouldn't dwell on what has been done, instead keeping your gaze fixed on what is before you. I agree with this sentiment entirely.", she purrs so melliflously she should be on the stage.

Unsurprisingly, she gets some looks at this given her presence here among the vengeful. She seems unperturbed by this, even as she presents her glass to the 'herald of violence', Thaladria for a refill,

"However.... 'what is before me' is the certainty that Gaedran will continue to do to others what was done to us. So, I'm not here for the past, for revenge, well only a little bit. I am here for the children he holds now and the children he will lay hands on tomorrow. I'm not just here to end Gaedran but to end all who stand with him... reduce to nothing the fiend and his meat grinder.", she adds, her voice smooth and infused with humor.

She then pauses for several moments, then .... "Only love will survive.", this odd choice of phrase for annihiliation delivered without humor, clearly heartfelt.

She turns her irridescent gaze, colour set against the white of her skin and dress, colour framed by her black hair and eyebrows.. that and her red lips, to Dante.. "Doubtless why we are all here is written in the Harrow, and so fated to be. Unless this place was handed down to someone who revels in kitsch, I conjure our card benefactor to be too old to undertake the task themselves. Magdh's guiding hand lights the way.", she adds holding up the three central fingers of her right hand, palm forward. Doubtless it signifies something to her.

The mention of Magdh makes sense of the three faces emblem stitched into her robe, looking into past, present and future. Magdh, a Goddess of the First, is a seer rumored to subtly nudge individuals and circumstances in ways that forestall disaster.

Emmelyn

The toast passed, though Emmelyn's eyes remained on Stella's card. The Inquisitor. Like hers, and unlike as well. Where one saw beauty, the other saw error. Each having its own kind of perceptiveness...

This thought, lingered with her, as the introductions began. Theodor, a quick-tongued swordsman. Derek, a sober marine. Stella, wife, mother, alchemist. Dorian, a handsome barkeep. Thaladria, a vengeful mage. Dante, a former lamb...

Emmelyn tensed. And, at the feeling of a hand at her shoulder, imperceptibly flinched, only relaxing when the conscious mind could still what instinct made fearful. It was Stella. It was Stella. A friend.

"I... was one of his orphans as well." She shuddered, faintly, to name herself as his. To have ever not been Hers. In dark, desolate, ignorant days. "A mudlark. I might have ever been one, or worse, if not for Shelyn and her grace..." Emmelyn's expression tightened, brushing against that memory of hunger, loneliness and despair. A memory, but only that. A memory.

"Even if I was able to escape... as Stella said, there are others. I... I was so focused on my own work, on serving Her in my craft, that I was deaf to Her truth..." More than an introduction, it was a confession. But then, she kept company that was quick to praise beauty, quick to cherish love's purity, quick to seek forgiveness for trespass.

"I'm just a jeweler, but... Shelyn comes to me. She guides me. And... she has brought me here."

That was enough. More than enough. Speaking of herself at such length felt indulgent. And the look she gave Stella, for her hand, was at once thankful and apologetic. She hadn't ever expected to involve an acquaintance in the miseries she'd spent so long running from.

AC 12/(  ) HP 8/8 Init 2 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 6

Temporal Pool 6/6pts

Spells

Alchemical Items

Alchemist's Fire (4/4)

Condition None

Stella smiles at the mention of Shelyn, as well she might as an agent of 'lay waste all in my path' done in the cause of love. She is all the while giving off distinct 'Mama Bear' vibes.

spacer.png Selena Shardova

Selena was surprised and horrified at the extent the crime lord was involved in various nefarious activities. I never even knew he used children as pawns in his syndicate!

"Selena," the pale young woman, dressed all in rich black cloth and leathers, introduced herself. "M... Mister Lamm... he... well... Shiver," she paused, looking down, retreating further into the shadows of her deep hood. She let out a sigh before continuing softly. "Shiver has left an indelible mark upon me... It's not something that I have the luxury to move past... and I've witnessed it's hold on others... Its flow must be stemmed. He must be stopped," she finishes, her voice returning to a normal volume. "I've tried the guards but," a hint of frustration tinges her voice, "they think it only a problem for the more impoverished members of the city. They don't seem to care and I have no influence to change their mind. Whoever has brought us together, I suspect that it will be up to us to realize our mutual goal to bring justice to that foul man."

Theodor stayed quiet as he listened to the other's own issues with Lamm, giving a more sympathetic stare at those who have admitted to having been one of his Lambs in their youth. After the last one admitted to having been a Shiver addict, nasty stuff from what the Varisian had seen these last few years and glad to never partake, he stepped up and looked at the ones who had been Lamm's Lambs. "Thank you, I've been wondering for years and only heard rumors, but hearing it from some of you finally confirmed it for me. Two years ago, Lamm took away my baby sister and I know it was him because it was a giggling half-orc who did the deed, with the help of another child, or someone pretending to be one. The guard did nothing, everyone in my family eventually gave her up for dead. Me, I refused to stop, to just accept that she was gone. Not until I see a body. I may be deluding myself, hells maybe I am deluded. But part of me is screaming that she's alive, still. Waiting for someone to rescue her!"

Theodor could feel himself getting worked up and had to stop to take a moment and calm himself. Breathing in and out, he opened his eyes, having closed them while taking a few breaths. "My baba always said this, after bad luck comes good fortune, and after good fortune comes bad luck. That means be hopeful but guarded. I am hopeful do, very much so. So even if I am not chosen to go, please keep an eye on her. Her name is Eridia, black hair and eyes like mine. She was a bit chubby when I last saw her but still, she should be recognizable. Tell her you know Theo if she keeps her distance from you." The young Varisian pronounced part of his name as Dio, as it the different pronunciation made it a fond nickname between the two siblings.

ร—
ร—