Dice Tower UX 2.0 functional demo

Eric

You can now play with the current iteration of the Dice Tower UX! Visit https://test.myth-weavers.com/DiceTower/ and try out the functionality while I'm working to integrate it into the site.

What it does:

• GUI, Table, and CLI modes implement all the currently available dice set options
  • Roll dice button formats the dice string as it would be sent to the dice server in the black "output" box at the bottom

What it doesn't do (yet):

• Sheet mode is just a stub until sheet integration is further developed
  • Alternate dice set rules for Ars Magica, Genesys, One-Roll Engine, L5R 5e, and Adventure Dice are not yet implemented in the roller, so the GUI is likewise incomplete for them
  • Styling is very much limited, but enough CSS rules have been written so the layout should be functional on a 350px-wide mobile view.

As always, your feedback is welcome and helps make the site better every day.

7 hours ago, thesloth said:

I accidentally clicked the add dice button more times than I needed. I couldn't find a way to delete the extra rolls.

Not a game stopper, I just had to note in my post that some rolls were extraneous. Just minorly annoying.

There's a little (x) next to the subsequent rolls. The positioning appears a little off (it should be to the right of the dice as in the table mode, not above it at the left side); I'll look to fix that in a near-term update.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Inash said:

Is there a way to add dice to a post when you are initially posting? Right now I only see a way to add dice to an existing post.

No, and this is on purpose. The dice have to have somewhere to attach to, and if you knew the rolls before writing the post, you could just discard the draft post with no consequences. It's not a whole lot different than OGMW in this regard; just instead of putting the dice rolls inline with the placeholder post and then editing the post once you know the rolls, you do the dice after the placeholder.

I tried using the dice tower this morning. I wanted to do ten rolls. I tried selecting number of dice and Add a value to that. All good. Then I added another die and the interface gave me two fields for the Add, with the previous value in the second. I left it there. The next die I added had three extra Add fields. When I submitted it, it showed a Not A Number error. Then I tried with a formula, roll:10m1d20+6. It says "10m" is unexpected. So then I tried ten lines of roll:1d20+6. The screen went blank, and it said "Out of memory error", but when I went back it seemed to have gone through before the error.